EECOO 1200W LED Plant Grow Light

Has anyone ever heard of anyone using one of these? They don’t specialize in grow lights just flashy led items. Do u think this light is a rip off?

2 Likes

Probably since a quality 250W costs 3-400$.
Its all that “effective” watt silliness, my guess is if you find a power draw spec it’ll say something like 100-150W.
Could still be an ok blue/green light, haven’t tried that one.

2 Likes

There is a member on here and he’s just starting off and he’s having a little trouble. I was just wondering if this light could be complete garbage. He understands that the light doesn’t pull more than 150w. I just didn’t want to put this on his wall and make him feel bad. I haven’t seen anyone actually finish with this light.
I’m sure he could be making rookie mistakes like we all have. I told him to take some pictures with a regular light since its hard to do a diagnosis with those blurples.

If anyone more qualified then myself try to help this guy out it would be much appreciated

3 Likes

My first light was a Blurpie. I used it for about 9-10 days. It was a Vipraspectra 300 Blurple light. Probably around a 3-4 year old design like the one you’re looking at is. I could deal with the purple light, my issue was it heated up my 2’x2’ tent quicker than my cheap $20 ebay exhaust fan could handle. I upgraded just one notch to their P1000 with a dimmer and it’s so much nicer. Only about $30-40 difference you probably save that much money in electric power first 2-3 months you use it.

2 Likes

I just get very skeptical about some companies selling items they don’t specialize in. Obviously they make LED products but not all leds are made the same.

1 Like

Biggest issue is it wont last. Fans or something will fail leds will go out something. And the light probably isnt producing enough at any real distance. Look at hlg 100 or hlg 4 board packs and a meanwell driver to power them. The 100 is exactly in the pricerange you have for that light and is ready to go. The 4 board set youd have to wire to a driver would cost maybe $60 more but youd have 2.5 times the light and boards you can spread to cover better. But watt for watt they will be much better light output and wont break on you.

2 Likes

Yeah. They want over a 100 bucks for that light. My mars hydro 600 was only 80 bucks. And I’m sure it could out perform the EECOO. Its terrible how companies will get over on people. Its sad.

1 Like

I have a 1000w and a 600w heavy feeding on cal mag is neccessary.
I prefer mh/hps. These will probably be used In summer or veg if t5 burns out.

Basically backups

2 Likes

So far best ive found on amazon. Comparable to the hlg boards. Samsung chips. Meanwell driver 1/2 hlg cost almost

the one marked 1000 is truly 100w. The other (2000)is 200w. They use all this equivelence bs when none of them are equivelent to hid lighting intensity.

2 Likes

He’s got another light coming. It looks better then the one he’s got. Its still blurple though. What can you do. People like what they like. I’m sure it will work out. I was going to get a blurple light. They used alot of fantasy talk that almost sold me. I was advised agents it. I’m extremely happy with my 2 mars hydro 600s. I really want spyder farmer now tho. Lol. I’m sure it’s not that much of a difference.

From my own experience, nothing really wrong with blurple. I grew with blurple for years, as a matter of fact, the viaspectre line. I still Used it for veg untill just rather recently.

1 Like

For some reason,(well it’s the diy aspect of them) I took a liking to these. I have 4 of them now, (pulling just a tad over 200watts each) and deciding how I am going to do the flower room out. Keeping HPS in there for sure, just need to decide how much of each.

1 Like

I like that. I’ve read alot of good things about Samsung diodes.

1 Like

I really don’t know anyone else besides me using them, but damn, I sure would recommend them. :rofl::joy:

1 Like

1 Like

I tested some of those lights and my findings are: fuck’em!
get yourself some panels with quantum board technology, these will satisfy you. spider farmer, mars hydro ts-series, hlg…for every budget there’s a lamp. (to name just a few) I’m currently getting at least 1,25 g/w with those lamps and have an easier time keeping the environmental specs in the best conditioni can manage.

greetz

1 Like

Im just gonna say the blurples arent that good… They work just meh. The quantum boards are nice and keep temps down have amazing veg growth but lacks the plant stretch you get from a hps i have a strain going atm purple muffin the hps clone is about 2 the size of the 3000w quantum board light. Your diy lools interesting though i bet your configuration of led bulbs has compensated for that huh?

1 Like

I wish I had a little stretch with this one. The nodes are so close together I can’t get in there and get rid of what I want to get rid of.

I still like my MH tho
This pic doesn’t do it justice. I dont have anything to scale the size

1 Like

to

actually I’m okay with the stretch I get…its less than hps though but gave me more yield in general.

2 Likes

Yeah they are way easier to work with… Thats a nice yield i got the ts3000 works like a beauty

2 Likes