Electric coffee grinder works great for me

I always wanted to try an electric coffee grinder to grind my weed, and after some reading went to the store
and spent 15 minutes looking at 3 different brands trying them in the store plug listening to their motors, reading their wattage and thinking, I decided on buying a Bosch 180w grinder http://www.bosch-home.com/za/products-list/MKM6000. This turned out to be surprisingly efficient. The only thing I had to do is learn to press it less. It makes to a fluffy beautifully ground batch that gives more volume and more efficient smoke than with hand grinders that crush the bud particles. Depending on how much weed there is in it I press it in short bursts 2 seconds or less each for 2 or 3 times and that’s it. All the bad reviews about the coffee grinders were because the users had overdone it or simply had a very powerful grinder that is more like a blender. I am very happy using it now 1 week in. I definitely feel happy with the more efficient rate of consumption and the more easy life not having to grind manually, I even think that the smoke is better.

5 Likes

Always a new way.

Pics are fun.

2 Likes

I switched to a coffee grinder almost 2 years ago. I had a really bad wrist problem and couldn’t use a grinder any more. It was a great solution that i still use every day.

3 Likes

Used to use a coffee grinder to grind my brick weed. :grin:

2 Likes

i’ve been using a braun coffee grinder for almost 2 decades. out of every one i’ve tried this one is the best. very reliable motor and fairly priced. plus the 2 notches on the inside of the lid make for excellent kief collection. its hard to see but there’s probably 2 grams just under the blades, piled almost half inch high in places. the button on the lid usually breaks over time but still operable by using a pen or something.

9 Likes

Thanks for the replies. I will snap some pics of my unit. I mentioned that I am using it in 2 seconds bursts, I noticed that it is not even 1 second, it is more like I push the button for a fraction of a second make the blades spin and let go look through the lid. For a smaller bud a couple of times will do for a bigger amount 3 to 4 spins.

2 Likes

Good point on the pulsing method. :thumbsup: :seedling:

2 Likes

This is the size at which I grind my weed to. I have not used my manual grinder for a good while and I do not miss it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

wow that bosch looks identical to my braun except maybe the lid. i also pulse, but i grind fairly fine so it burns nicely in a joint… do yours ever canoe? (do americans use that term for a joint ‘running’?)

2 Likes

Bosch and Braun both German brands they probably have many similar components. I do not know what the american term for “canoe”. I think what you are referring to is what the French call “carotte” in a joint. Anyway, I am ashamed to say that I still lace my weed with rolling tobacco because I am used to the nicer taste and it does not extinguish as fast etc… I have vapes and other paraphernalia but the joint with a little bit tobacco is still my method of choice but I am improving little by little. One pack of 40 grams RYO tobacco lasts well over a month, and lasting more and more with time. Used to be a cig smoker, I hate them cigs nowadays so I went a long way so far… I went way way off topic :slight_smile: cheers

1 Like

2 Likes

Would grind it up stems, seeds, and all. LMAO!

1 Like

Hah it has been over a year yes mine is working just awesome a lifechanger for a heavy toker like me. I use it once or twice on a nice day, I fill the lid up the more the better, I remove stems and leaves and it gives me a big pile that is ready to roll

1 Like

Exact same grinder I use… has been all over the oceans and across the country with me with no issues (other than me cutting the cord) Braun grinders FTW

If you mean an uneven burn that advances down one side more than the other, round here we call that Elvissing, because it sideburns. Alternatively “That joint could sing jail house rock”

OK, So I couldnt let this go. I love the grinder method, but this thing acts like the cannakiefinator 3000 as it turns product into dust if you don’t feather the switch just right. Enter in a fan regulator switch I pulled from the old systems parts box and played with the settings until finding that about 20-25% is enough to grind but not create canna-talc. Much lower and the blades have trouble spinning up when to much product is in the grinder bowl.

4 Likes

Brilliant! :nerd_face:

1 Like

The ” works “great for electronic grinding. I just got one last week

I got pretty much the same grinder. I use it to grind (among other things) psilocybe cubensis to fill it in capsules for microdosing, and weed for tinctures.

that’s great! I thought I needed to use a light dimmer.

1 Like