Elephant šŸ˜ in the room

I think a like o meter would be coolā€¦ I think we need likes to determine certain thingsā€¦ I would definitely use my like differently if I could see them. What about roll over likes? Lol. Cool topic.

2 Likes

I tried to like that post butā€¦

Why limit that button at all? Apparently we can only like so many postsā€¦ but we can flag all day long. Been seeing that crap lately too. I guess if I like what you say and Iā€™m out of :heart: Iā€™ll just flag your post :rofl:

:triangular_flag_on_post:Just know it comes from a place of love and friendship :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

I tried that line on my wife (when I had one) I got 0 likesā€¦ā€¦

6 Likes

:joy: too funny. I hate seeing posts that shouldnā€™t be flagged, get flagged, lol.

:thinking: I think I figured out a solution. Create a thread titled "Posts OTUG likes, but canā€™t like right now, cause heā€™s out of hearts :heart: " and link any posts I see that I like when Iā€™m out of likes :laughing: it would probably hit 5k posts within a week :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Just thought I would drop this in here! :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

13 Likes

20 hours???! Wow! Iā€™ve been getting random time out times. Sometimes itā€™s something like 34 minutesā€¦ other times, itā€™s 3 hours etc.

Thatā€™s exactly why I havenā€™t bothered with the bookmarks :joy: I know myself too wellā€¦ it would be a mess.

@Oldtimerunderground lmao! The problem with trying to catch up is if youā€™re here every day reading new things and enjoying conversation with people, you will use those likes as soon as you get them :rofl: then run out in the middle of a conversation/journal, then start adding more posts to your ā€œcatch upā€ thread lol!!

The root of the problem should be fixed through admin. Having no likes doesnā€™t make me want to do extra things to earn more :heart:. It makes me want to burn shit down and take a break from OG.

8 Likes

As been explained alot, thatā€™s just the way this system worksā€¦

Likes are allotted over a 24hr period ā€¦ Even my likes are limitedā€¦ The reason you get messages like ā€œ34 minutes to the next likeā€ or ā€œ3hrs to the next likeā€ is youā€™ve been away a bit and gained a couple likes then you used themā€¦ Not sure what the like per time measurement is thoughā€¦

I think itā€™s something like lvl1-75likes lvl2-100, lvl3 is 125 I think, leaders and mods I believe get 150ā€¦ Again Iā€™d have to find the post that has the tl/like count to be sure so donā€™t quote me.

Also trust that people have been wanting more likes for years lol itā€™s just not something that comes with the system that weā€™re on, nor is it something I, Loki, Calyx, Gman, or Joe can change, otherwise we would to stop the considerable amount of like wanting lol

Thatā€™s why we say to reserve likes for useful and relevant content and unique awesomenessā€¦ Not just to let someone know you read their post by hitting the little heart lol

7 Likes

Well who created this ā€œsystemā€ then? Maybe we need to start all over lol

I get it if you canā€™t do anything about it. Maybe the creator of the site could tho? If it wasnā€™t for the people that come to this site to get together, there would be no OG. That means the conversations and social media type atmosphere is what keeps us here. Just my .02

2 Likes

If itā€™s based on a single acctā€¦ask backoffice if they can allocate a subset to each user in the database?
Hollyho runs out of likes then the database flips to hollyho_1 and she gets a whole new 100, but nobody the wiser

One can always comment or respond to a persons post to show they like it. Just a thought. Focusing ones experience here on little hearts is likely to end in sadness and frustration :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Take the likes away and make people suffer their digital withdrawals

7 Likes

Lol! If only! Apparently every website thatā€™s formatted like this one has a like limit. ILGM is the same way. Looks almost exactly like this one, just different color and banner etc. I had to log in over there and ask admin bc I havenā€™t been there in a long time and couldnā€™t remember :joy:

@toastyjakes Iā€™ll stop griping lol maybe one day you guys will figure out a way around it. If not, :woman_shrugging::sob:

5 Likes

I have an advantage in that im extremely grumpy and nothing makes me smileā€¦stingy liker i am

1 Like

Iā€™m already out of likes again lol 19 minutes left. But yeah, I guess that is an advantage for you lol whoever made the base format of these sites and thought it would be cool to put a limit on :heart: is one cold mf :joy:

5 Likes

Odd can have benefitsā€¦change can be painful but good, and necessaryā€¦so i try to just go with the flowā€¦ive already tripped up with this flagging system and being a sponsor brings i think another level of trustā€¦idk im still figuring this site out myself.

1 Like

Hmm, okā€¦ maybe a mod can answer that.

Hereā€™s what the mod over at ILGM said

So I guess thereā€™s nothing they can do.

3 Likes

An unlimited like system can also lead to bad things. Ever watch a group of people join and sit in one thread together like a chat room feeding each other likes all day? This leads to a super fast accumulation of pips which some, albeit wrongly, associate with trust. At a glance these people falsely appear to be long standing and liked members to the uninitiated. Since much of Overgrow is based on some level of trust it makes things difficult. Now people should always build trust with others over time through interaction and not base it on likes or pips but in the social media world thatā€™s just not how it always goes. While it can be frustrating to get the pop ups saying one is out of likes I think it is important for people to understand it was set up that way for a reason. Not by the staff of OG but rather the platform creators who know all about folks gaming the system.

7 Likes

Very true about gamerā€™s. I rage in the cage!!! I can trash talk like no other. I can turn game off and walk away. Some people canā€™t handle that. Basement trash. No Wi-Fi no life. I turn chat off.

3 Likes

On another forum I use to visit a lot you can get ā€œredsā€ or dislikes which take away likes and damages your rep. Talk about chaos and a bunch of BS it created on the forum was not pretty.

4 Likes