ELG's Lost Garden

Day 28

Black Lebanon × SB

White Cherry Truffle

C99 × Mendo Breath

NYC Diesel auto × SB

:call_me_hand:

12 Likes

Went to Niagara for a few days. The plants were a bit thirsty but they survived.

12 Likes

I remember hiding my weed under a rock before crossing the bridge to the US :rofl:

“Have you been drinking today?”
“Not yet.”

4 Likes

Looks like the view from Niagara City Cruses…
Cool place to enjoy a spliff. :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Yeah, it was pretty trippy driving around there with weed in the car, a wrong turn and the fun is over…

2 Likes

Bad news today.

I found like 5 male flowers on 3 of the plants and the last one, the small WCT, the pistils are all brown… I think I stressed them pretty good when I watered them with super cold water fresh out the tap, like a week ago.

And while watering the plants today I noticed things moving in the soil. Tiny white worms. If you make an online search with those terms all it shows is that it’s fungus gnats. It was pretty easy finding the culprit, it was the from the “premium” worm castings. Apparently it’s pretty common and there’s even a thread on OG.

No matter what it is, it’s not welcome. I’ll try using H2O2 in the next few watering. Good thing I noticed them.

I think the WCT and a good amount of the crop were pollinated.

Black Lebanon × SB, smells like strawberry yogurt.

White Cherry Truffle

C99 × Mendo Breath

NYCD × SB

8 Likes

Okay, so I concluded that the herm thing could be anything. I’ve probably pushed the nutrients more then I should have, my watering could have been more gentle and more frequent, I might have carelessly let some light in during dark, could be the new pest, the temps/rh might have fluctuated more then they could resist, etc.

I’m sure I lost some decent weight to seeds, but it’s okay, I’ve learned and I’ll still get some herb. Now I’m more focused on planning the guerrilla. The spots are chosen and soil was bought , I’m still not sure of what to grow. This year I fear failure, the investment in time and money will be greater but the risk is the same. I don’t even know if I’ll have time to go water the plants… But I can’t keep spending money on weed, so “Faut faire ce qu’il faut faire.”

Also the plants were completely droopy, their water intake increased and I barely can keep up. Had to keep the lights on for 5 more minutes to give them some water. Hopefully this killed whatever larvae was in the soil, I didn’t have time to calculate how much h2o2 I needed. The last thing I need is an infestation.

5 Likes

Damn, this took an unfortunate turn. Did you find any balls on the WCT? How’s she smell? She’s a frosty girl! They are a bit slow growing in veg and stretch but the flower is worth!

I’ve got some other wct crosses. Fem and more vigorous. Just flowered a SD x sd cross. Smells amazing. Growing great. Would make sense in your tent (no wasted space on males). Let me know if you want some.

4 Likes

Oh, the WCT is really nice, no balls on her that I can see. She consums a lot less water then the others, which is why I though that the cold water might have caused the balls (I remember she barely received any water that day).

Definitely slow but she was the first to frost up. The funk left and gave place to some deep complex sweetish smells (as if it aged).

Thank you :pray:I really appreciate the offer @Eagles009, but I’m good for now.

3 Likes

Right on, I hope she finishes with some smokeable bud for ya!

3 Likes

So in total I might have found ~10 balls, ~half were caught early, ~ a quarter died immature. It seems like the balls stopped, I even found some immature dead ones on the soil :crossed_fingers:.

No sign of pest for now.

I gave them, some Gaia Green 2-8-4 bloom and acti-sol 4-6-8 chicken shit pellets. I’ll give them super light pk boost feed for ~3days, while all the organic nutes “activate”. After that, we’ll see…

Black Lebanon bx × SB. Smallish buds for now with intense strawberry yogurt smell.

White Cherry Truffle.

C99 × Mendo Breath. Low level of resin glands for now.

NYCD auto × SB. Pleasantly surprised, buds are getting thick and are flowering faster than the others, but have almost no smell for now.

Plant structure

9 Likes

Day 43

Black Lebanon bx × SB
Chopped yesterday at 42 days. The trichomes had about 1/4 amber.

White Cherry Truffle F2
She’s getting thick.

C99 × Mendo Breath
Huge plant.

NYCD × SB
I like the result a lot, but it has such a light smell…

9 Likes

Fast and frosty, just like her Mommy. Can’t wait to hear how the smoke tastes, and the effects. The black leb bx was really smooth and fruity, with a nice relaxing high, great feeling.

That c99 x mendo breath looking great too :thinking: pretty sure I have some you sent me that I need to pop soon.

4 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground Yeah she was really fast. I might plant a patch of these in one of my spots. They grow super easy too.

2 Likes

Day 47

White Cherry Truffle

C99 × Mendo Breath

NYCD × SB

7 Likes

Day 51

Only 2 remain. I harvested the NYCD×SB, I’ll say more about it when I get decent pictures. The Black Lebanon × SB is almost done drying, maybe one more day. I’m realizing I need to start popping seeds, I need to decide what to grow asap.

6 Likes

The rest of the plants were chopped. No specific day, they were cloudy with hints of amber. Spring brought its load chores and things to do. I have big plans for this summer, hopefully I’ll be able to handle everything.

13 Likes

Very nice, some tasty buds ya got over there indeed. Were all the male parts found only on the SB crosses?

3 Likes

Thanks @bassman5420 ! The c99 × mendo breath also threw balls. The only one that didn’t was the white cherry truffle, but she also received the least ice cold water, so who knows…

4 Likes

Well everything is dry and curing. The results are better than what I harvested before.

Black Lebanon by × SB

NYCD auto × SB

C99 × Mendo Breath

White cherry truffle f2

I’m happy with what I got, I’ll be happy to smoke the fruit of my “labor”. But it’s not like the stuff I used to smoke. From the small buds I sampled I’m not impressed with the potency but it’ll be good enough. At least I won’t be buying herb for a few weeks…

I’ll try hydro again for my next indoor run.

12 Likes