Irregular Updates with Jessethestoner

Will be posting here irregularly. Please follow along

12 Likes

Current grow is a mix of promix and coco (love coco, can’t believe i strayed from it.) with about a cup of compost in each 3 gallon container.
future harvest nutes, a Bloom Plus 3000 and 2 Viparspectra XS1500 Pro 2023 for lighting (Thanks for the rec @Dirt_Wizard ) because the Bloom is losing power after a few years of use.

genetics are 4 black candyland from jordan of the islands x 5 (johnny blaze x blockhead f4 from beanharder) for some mix. was really hoping to get some nevilles haze throwbacks in there, so i went wide as possible.

1st week of flowering, i let the tent get pretty crazy. cleared the under canopy about a third or more up, because it ids going to be dense and am waiting to see how things stretch.

seems to be 3 phenos i noticed so far. some really stretchy stuff that reminds me of some of the structure i have seen in nevilles haze grows, of course most of those where boys and i only was able to keep one female of that pheno. great branching, tall with big spacing, nice spicy kinda smell.

a shorter pheno, again with good branching and similar growth pattern with 7 others, sweet skunky sort of smell, not too much yet

and a lanky pheno that is like one of the black candyland mothers, and i think is very og like. similar sort of smell to pinesol, poor structure and big spacing.

one plant began flowering a while back, which i think is a blueberry trait that was common in a few spice of life strains and seems like blockhead is another or maybe the johnny blaze.

28 Likes

JOTI and Beanho? Definitely pulling up a chair for this one. Looking good in there.

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:
looks good from here :camera_flash: :camera: :camera_flash: :camera_flash: :camera_flash: :camera_flash: :camera:

2 Likes

Looks really healthy in there Jesse

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. This grow has been good, and i have routine and good medium, nutes, lights and conditions to thank for my successes. I am letting them do the work and keeping my own inputs low. Last grow i kept fucking around tweaking things and the outcome was pretty bad, so i wasnt even keeping it updated.

Just been very methodical and doing everything according to feed charts and my experiences filling out the tent. Its going to be crazy me thinks, the plant thats already flowering almost tripled in size. If the others operate like that, I’ll be touching the ceiling almost lol

7 Likes

Dump. Outside i have going some mighty mite x cali skunk, and m39 x sour diesel ibl courtesy of @santero. hoping to get some bud for hash this fall.

Also have one of my black candyland and 2 guerilla gold x timewarp plants out, these plants are interesting because i just made seeds from them and put them out to reveg, with pollen courtesy of @SHSC-1. I put them out so that they would reveg enough for me to get some clones and keep a mother to my seedline going. as i have not done that before. but the guerilla gold x timewarp just grew a bit nd went back into flowering. Damn good seedline that is vigorous as hell and just want to flower as soon as they leave a stable light schedule.

Its been a very warm year and plants are doing great. I put the m39 cross and the seed mothers out a month ago as seedling and they have just exploded.

The mighty mite cross i just threw some seeds into the ground in may and let them get whatever nature gave them. I regret that, i should have coddled them lol. Sprouted them indoors and transplanted seedlings with a true leaf set, like the m39. O well, it was meant to be harsh! next year i am going to do a seed run of mighty mite in this spot, and its good to know things can do really well in this old garden without extra coddling.

IMG_0575|375x500

17 Likes

New week,start of week 3. Tent is overfull, i always do this lol.

Humidity is a concern, as it is about 75% right now. It is always a factor in a crowded tent and it has been raining for days here so things are more humid than normal. I have my father in law as a last resort if things stay too humid, he would take 2 or 3 plants which would do the trick.
Light defoliation is ongoing, supercropped and tied down some plants on the left, let the ones on the right do their thing.

Some have shown to be more nitrogen sensitive than others. Going to back off on the nitrogen and see how they do. Still just following the future harvest schedule

the flowering plant has really taken off, there will be some impressive buddage going on soon. resin coverage is not what i would like, but there is time.

14 Likes

early bud shot of leaf erik’son

another

interesting leaf mutations i have noticed, saw this in the black candyland as well.

large leaves on these girls, pretty hybrid in terms of size

have noticed double serrations on the more squat ones. I had always thought this was a sign of skunk heritage? am I mistaken? would appreciate any insight.

guerill gold x timewarp

m39 x sour diesel ibl

m39 x sour diesel ibl

m39 x sour diesel ibl

m39 x sour diesel ibl

m39 x sour diesel ibl

m39 x sour diesel ibl

m39 x sour diesel ibl

m39 x sour diesel ibl

mighty mite x cali skunk

mighty mite x cali skunk

mighty mite x cali skunk

mighty mite x cali skunk

bye bye dude. twas not to be

15 Likes

14 Likes

Photo dump, hope it is not too chaotic and shows a general sense of what is going on. I think this plus captions on photos and then just blocks of whatever I am thinking at the time.

Week 3 sometime, not sure exactly. Budsites are taking off and are looking healthy, resin forming on main colas, smells are coming. I really wish there was a sort of smell guide book, where a person would say o this is og kush, it has a smell and flavour profile dominated by this and this, and you could read a report breaking down terpenes, flavinoids and thiols in a way that would make one able to get a general idea of what people are talking about. I have smoked a ton of weed, but outside of skunk, I have never really been confident in comparing what I have sampled and tasted. Except for a few instances, even strains with the smells in the name like cherry, orange, lemon, grape etc. I kinda smell what i think one is talking about, but am not quite sure. long winded way to say, hmm smells like weed, yummy. I get some cleaner and some skunk smells so far, that is all i would say.

feeding schedule has been following the companies rec. link if you want to look. These nutrients are kinda the cheapo end of the spectrum, but i have a feel for them and think they work well enough. I would like to try a new line someday, but that will have to ait till these big ass jugs run out. Some plants are still exhibiting signs of too much nitrogen, so today i feed just plain water and will resume full strength nutrients for the rest, and 3/4 strength for those exhibiting signs of too much nitrogen.

structure wise, they really have run the gambit so far. I was actually going to get rid of the one in the back left corner because of its structures, but thought, well why the hell would you breed something with nevilles haze in its lineage and not want the lanky long ones? I would surely be missing out. so in they stay and we are seeing how it rides out. I wanted to take them out and do individual photos, but figured that i might not be able to fit them back in quite how i want. and its all about maintiaing consistent conditions and lighting, so i dare not mess up the jenga that is this tent

Plus some under the canopy shots, I really enjoy them. I love a sexy budshot, but the photos I have seen where someone chills out under a huge canopy are just as good. seems so peaceful and sheltering in many ways.

plus a shot of my first ever clone in rockwool. it is of the plant that is farther along flowering. hoping to keep it until next year and see if it autos outside when rootbound. mwahahaha

11 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

Tents going nicely, plants are going off and forming tons of nice budsites. Resin coverage is increasing nicely on a few, one in particular is outstanding with extensive coverage on the fan leaves.

The plant in the front left corner also has a interesting dark colouration, very thick white stigmas forming. Good structure and spacing.

Hopeful for these ones off the bat. Will have to see how the others do. Things seem healthy and happy so far.

This grow is going to restock my jars nicely.

7 Likes

Congrats on getting back on track. Best of luck with your harvest indoors. And outdoors is looking great! I’m digging those Canadian selections. I haven’t heard of anyone growing the Mighty Might for some time now! I hope you have a great finish to your season!
:v::canada:

5 Likes

Hey @jessethestoner, looking great my friend. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks budders! I was having a hell of a time getting things right for a bit there, but things seem to be under control now. Kiss method for the win.

The mighty mite stuff is performing outstanding. You can really tell why this made waves in the 90s in crosses and as a pure cultivar. I was going to just make hash out of the plants, but maybe the bud will be worth keeping. Unfortunately, i lost the seeds to this stuff and only have pure mighty mite left. Long story, short one is i am stupid and careless.

And thank @TopicalWave i am really happy with the grow and the performance of the plants so far. I think there is a lot of potential in this cross. I have a ton of clones, 3 or 4 from each plant, so I will keep the best ones and see how long i can keep it going.

3 Likes

Coming along very nicely…well done!

1 Like

Being busy, went out of town for a wedding. Quick update with the outside plants. They are coming down this weekend. Maybe next.
The d39 remix from santero didn’t really bud except for 1 female. the others have only just begun taking off now. def not a northern latitude plant lol.
the mighty mite crosses are doing spectacular.

i see seeds on the plants, so i didnt get my family to pull males in time. it only looks partial, so after getting some seeds, the rest will still be good for hash making

8 Likes

Calamity, my fucking tent has seeds

1 Like