Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

i’ll have to dig it up as i only make it every year and a half or so the batch /recipe last that long for me and the misses, with plenty to share with others.

she uses it in tuna salad. fair warning though. once you use the zucchini relish in your tuna salad, there is no going back to regular tuna salad. :laughing:

soon as i get a chance its in the mail :wink:

send me the deets @Smooth

3 Likes

I’d love to checkout this zucchini relish recipe as well. Have to make your own relish and whatnot these days with all the BS they put in products.

2 Likes

Good evening everyone.

@HighTilliDie we lost every last one of our squash plants to squash vine borers this year. Little bastards are ruthless.

1 Like

Seems to be a lot of interest in this recipe!!

3 Likes

Hey mainerJ,
My wife asked me to see if you will tag me when you post this recipe.
It would be appreciated.
:pray:t5:

4 Likes

If anyone needs this it would be you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@mainerJ are you posting or mailing? Kinda hoping for mailing, since the last time had some treats also :drooling_face::grin:

4 Likes

Did you know that chocolate zucchini cake is absolutely amazing!! It’s the moistest cake you’re likely to eat.

6 Likes

I am also interested in your recipe @mainerJ… no hurry maybe when you get finished dubbing around… :grinning::grinning:

4 Likes

I didn’t know that! Another recipe being offered?
@Mrgreenthumb dubbin around sounds like it can take an awful long time :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Sure. No problem if you want it. My wife is right here. lol

2 Likes

It’s sounds like chocolate breakfast to me !!

1 Like

It’s a heavier cake but moist and delish. lol

2 Likes

Chocolate Zucchini quick breads are also great. I can see it being made into a super moist cake as well. I love baking, but need more people to give it away to if I’m going to bake as much as I’d like. Or else I’d balloon up in months. Haha

4 Likes

Make two or three cakey type brownies in cake pans. Then, whip up some cannoli filling with crushed up pistachios. Turn it all into a layer cake. Go crazy with toppings/sauces/garnishes for it. Thats what I’d make when I was younger and had the munchies. Haha

3 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: excuse the small pond here :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Chocolate Zucchini cake
Ingredients
2 cups grated zucchini grate by hand, or use the grating disk on a food processor (do not drain)
3 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups oil canola or vegetable
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Instructions
First step is to grate two cups of fresh zucchini and set aside
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a Bundt pan or sheet pan with your favorite spray or butter. Then lightly dust with flour.
You can put this together in one bowl and mixed by-hand. You can also use a mixer, as long as you only fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips in the end.
In a bowl, place the eggs, sugar, cocoa, pure vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Mix these ingredients until combined.
You’ll have a nice and smooth chocolate base. Have your flour and oil measured and ready to mix in next.
Take half of the flour and oil and mix.
Mix in the rest of the flour and oil.
Add all of the grated zucchini.
Fold in the zucchini until totally combined.
Add chocolate chips and fold in.
Pour all of the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. It may need an additional 5 minutes of baking. Keep in pan until it has completely cooled.

14 Likes

This is close. She never completely goes by a “recipe”. lol
I forgot the last step.
Smoke a bowl while it’s cooling.
:rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!

3 Likes

Thank you @MoBilly

3 Likes

My grandma made some for me, my daughter, and wife and none of us really cared for it maybe it’s an acquired taste? I just like them deep fried or steamed and topped with butter and salt

3 Likes