Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

Bahaha most definitely

5 Likes

I’ll do my best not to fall off any cliffs…

4 Likes

We finished our own chores and now we’re over at a family members place taking care of all her stock and pets. Then back to our home to eat and repeat the process. lol
It’s not hard work, just time consuming. At least she let all those nannies dry up. No milking this time.
:wink:

4 Likes

Too bad we don’t get paid for all the chores we do :joy:
Stay warm and don’t over do it

3 Likes

Oh, I get paid when I walk past the milk, eggs and cheese in a store without stopping. :+1:t4:

7 Likes

Very true. The price of eggs is :exploding_head:

3 Likes

IKR! And there’s also the fact that I have problems with processed milk. I can’t keep it down. That’s what got me into goats.

3 Likes

How does raw cows milk work for you?
Also wonder if commercial milk bothers you because of hormones/antibiotics and such that are present

3 Likes

I can handle it just fine. And would have gone that route but goats are way easier and safer to handle than a big ol milk cow. LOL
Besides, I just love raising goats. They’re super smart and have very different personalities. It can be a chess game getting what you want out of a goat too.

4 Likes

That cool. Goats are definitely interesting.
I was curious about commercial versus a personal cow simply because of care.
The recent surge in wheat allergy in this country is a similar thing. The big wheat producers spray roundup on the wheat 10 days before harvest. The plants do a push, because it’s dying. So not allergic to wheat, but roundup

3 Likes

I believe that it’s a combination of pasteurization and the stuff that they pump into their milk cows.

3 Likes

I think your correct. In the last couple years certain brands of peanut butter give me terrible indigestion, other brands are fine!

3 Likes

We are going all out this next Spring. Hopefully the garden will produce better than last year. It seems that’s the only way to get away from all that crap that they’re allowed to sell to us.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great plan :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

It was in 2018 that the FDA stopped allowing partially hydrogenated peanut butter to be sold. After that, they (for whatever reason) continued allowing fully hydrogenated peanut butter to be sold.

You might find this interesting.

https://www.ajc.com/pulse/the-skinny-on-hydrogenated-fat-in-peanut-butter/VOKF7W3ONZASJJB2XRLOQOHVH4/

3 Likes

Almost the only way ! Grow it yourself you know whats happen through that vegetable it’s whole life …
Sorry to say it. It some Amish that claim to be organic Spray the dirt around the plant with roundup …

3 Likes

I would not be surprised to find that true. Not a bit.

3 Likes

Really it’s not all that it’s cracked up to be …
You already know this though !

3 Likes

Omg that’s upsetting

3 Likes

They use cardboard to protect the product from gettting on the plants though ! So no worries

2 Likes