Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

@Emeraldgreen rhey ever get back with you bout the car?

3 Likes

No worries mate, glad they made it. Your package was in my mailbox today as well :grinning:

Thanks again!

4 Likes

Looks like I blew the engine. I have to go confirm it.

2 Likes

Damn a blown engine? Maybe it is a blown head gasket

3 Likes

Well I got lucky on my car issue maybe you will also get lucky @Emeraldgreen! They told me not to use power steering in my cars power steering reservoir that I have to use ATF or Mercon 4-5 because the power steering fluid doesn’t get along with the ford’s and they almost always use transmission fluid in their reservoir that the power steering fluid aerated and overheated too easily and the fluid was almost gone when it came in. They topped it off and sent me on my way no charge and the issues have seemed to go away for the time being

6 Likes

@HighTilliDie I don’t own a ford but very interesting bit on info there !

Good luck @Emeraldgreen

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers: crossed for this

6 Likes

I would have a hard time thinking it was for all fords but for my specific make and model they said no power steering fluid in the res only trans fluid. @TopShelfTrees1 what do you know about this don’t you have a 05-07 Ford focus?

4 Likes

@HighTilliDie it was most fords using trans fluid or variations of trans fluids like mercon lv. Most of the dodges use trans fluid also by they use atf +4. If you go to the European cars they also lost the time don’t use power steering fluid Alot of them will have a chf 11s or similar rating and it’s more of a mineral oil.

2 Likes

Just blows my mind lol. You can’t really use that logic in every vehicle either it’s just an oddball thing

1 Like

Good morning brotha,

I hope you didn’t blow the engine. :crossed_fingers:

possibly a bad air flow sensor/dirty causing the rough idle or bad alternator/battery.

Sticky values that can be helped with some Liquid Moly Hydraulic lifter additive (if you have hydraulic lifters) to reduce the heavy valve tick/sticking. I used this and it really helped my engine with 246k on it.

Dex 3 ATF for power steering and transmission is what is called for in my E36.(1996)
I’m not familiar with newer models so they might have changed to something else by now.

4 Likes

On my old Mercedes that has a slight rack and pinion leak I have to use the European formula which is green and cost like 4x more than domestic at Walmart. cheapest i could find easily available is around $12 for a 12ox container., I keep it in the back with some oil and coolant just to have handy .

4 Likes

Oh no hopefully its a good mechanic and would rather fix than replace. I hope everything works out and isn’t as bad as a blown engine

2 Likes

That’s very interesting, never told me this. Now I’m curious though. I’ve always added regular stuff. :thinking:

1 Like

@InTheWoods @Kami yeah the e36 are cool cars the e46 switched to the chf 11s also the green euro may be chf 11s. That’s green when new and clean. But we have a whole rack of fluids to cover all the different cars.

3 Likes

Also good morning folks!

2 Likes

Morning folks! Oh Lord car troubles… Just torch it

3 Likes

Morning everyone! I hope yall are having a great day so far!

2 Likes

Good morning OGers! Happy Saturday! Big day for college basketball, if any of you follow that. Some really good games coming up.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone. It’s a sunny beautiful day!! Hope you all have a great day.
My mechanic is telling me if I rebuild the top the bottom will blow next. He is so busy he doesn’t even have time to do the swap

1 Like