Equipment buying and reviews

This will be a place where people can post questions about products to see if anyone has used them before. People with the products can write reviews and ratings etc. for the people to see. You can also post about products that you think everyone needs to know about. If youre having a hard time choosing between lights, fans, tents, (de)humidifiers, soil, hydro, even cannabis seeds, feel free to post here and try n figure out whats the better choice. Make sure you post what your needs are to make it easier for the members to help you out also!:slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is a great idea. Does anyone know if you can get 120 degree angle ledil reflectors for CLU048 COBā€™s?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve debated starting this thread for ages, but mine probably would have gone into the Shark Tank due to excessive use of profanity :grin: Also title would have been ā€œConsumer Whore Bitch Fest,ā€ but ā€œEquipment buying and reviewsā€ works, too.

Letā€™s begin:

Commercial Soil Mixes (US)

• Light Warrior by Fox Farm: Every time I have touched this stuff has been a disaster. The first three seeds I planted directly in this never germinated. I planted pre-germinated seeds in this, and (a month later) removed the seedlings from this soil because they were dying faster than they were growing. With some more experience under my belt (because surely the problem was me, not the soil), I tried this soil for the third and final time ā€“ Iā€™m still struggling to nurse those two seedlings back to health. This stuff is going into the garbage only because I cannot launch it into the sun.
  • Happy Frog by Fox Farm: This isā€¦ fine. It seems to be a medium that plants can grow in, though not exactly fortified with what plants crave. Seems like a perfectly good base if you want to deliver your plants food in liquid form.
  • Ocean Forest by Fox Farm: Have used this for house plants with great success, but havenā€™t finished a cannabis grow with this yet. Definitely ā€œhotterā€ than Happy Frog, so would probably be terrible for young plants. I have an especially hungry sativa growing in FFOF, and though Iā€™ve still been using liquid nutrients, I have fewer deficiencies (so far) than I did with Happy Frog.
  • Stoningtonā€™s Blend Platinum Growers Mix by Coast of Maine: Probably falls into the ā€œSuper Soilā€ category, or at least heavily fortified. Havenā€™t finished a grow with it yet, but so far I love this soil. I had to hack back one plant before flipping to 12/12 because it grewā€¦ a lot faster than expected. I transplanted two rather unhealthy plants into this mix, and they recovered rapidly and went full beast mode. Iā€™ll probably do some topdressing and teas for flowering, but thus far, with no added nutrients, this soil is amazing.

Iā€™ve also got some Roots Organic Original and a non-super Coast of Maine mix in the pipeline. Will let the royal you know how much I love/loathe them later :wink:

10 Likes

Any feedback on Roots Organics Formula 707?

1 Like

None by ledil i dont think. But there are glass lenses that give like 180.

And roots has always been a go to for lots of cannabis growers so it must do the job! Subcool used it for a longtime as his base soil and mzjill still does. Good product if the price it right:)

Did you see what i did there? I said its goodšŸ˜‚ steppin out of my comfort zone on that onešŸ˜‰

3 Likes

Lmfao!! consumer whore bitch fest. Good titlešŸ˜‚ thanks for the soil writeups:)

2 Likes

I have used Roots 707 and Ocean Forest for years and liked them but lately both have had issues. 707 has been having Knat issues and Ocean Forest has lost its legs later in growth for me.

Edit: Knat is gnat :upside_down:

3 Likes

I did see Lotus, congrats man. Itā€™s hard but once you start, the sky is the limitā€¦ LOL

2 Likes

I bought this today for my veggie tent but if the Vero frame fits in there i will try it first.

http://timbergrowlights.com/200-watt-citizen-clu048-linear-framework/

1 Like

Alright everyone, i just got me some nutrients to go with the tents and lamps, tell me what you think!!!

3 Likes

I have never used it but Urban Remo is all over You Tube.

I thought you were going the KNF way why the switch all of a sudden?

1 Like

I don;t think iā€™m doing them right and donā€™t wanna waste all of my effort on just KNF, will also do bottle nutes. Like 50/50 or soā€¦ And see how that goes, if anything goes wrong i can always switch back to the bottles or viceversa. Iā€™m trying not to put all of my eggs in the same basket, if you know what i mean.

EDIT: Will have like 4 plants on KNF and 4 on Bottles.

4 Likes

After i strain my ferments i refrigerate after a week. I add brown sugar (pinch) every couple weeks to keep them alive.

2 Likes

My job towards weed during these last three months, since i returned to OG2.0, was to make sure i understood and knew everything i was gonna use and try to eliminate variables to have to worry about during the grow. Seeing on OverGrow, and youtube how and why people do what they do that i understood i was adding variables to the equation, KNF is something that to the old people from the old continent might be a millenial thing i dunno, but to me is not. Nutes, everybody can tell me what iā€™m doing wrongā€¦ With KNF iā€™ll try because itā€™s better for the enviroment and to my pocket but only on a few plants. Not all of them.

2 Likes

I think that is a great way to gather vast knowledge. I admire your gusto!

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that the nicest thing to say! Thanks for your candour bro!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen the results with remo up close under led and soil. Nice but a little too expensive system. Excellent density and resin development, the terpenes come out correct too, the sherbert cut I sent to him has the correct aroma.

My only complaint with remo is the late use of calmag up to week 5 in flower. I would not use it that long due to issues of calcium and PK working against each other. The calcium and magnesium are nitrate based so its a little much and they tend to look too green in mid flower.

2 Likes

Yeah ok, so they are good. Because i need them to be, LOL. Thanks man, but one quick question, how would you balance that thenā€¦? Maybe suspend after week 3 or 4?

1 Like

I would cut the CaliMagic or whatever its called a bit earlier than the schedule suggests. From what I can tell there is early pistl dieback from use of this product as scheduled when we was running the black lime reserve cut. The dieback stopped when Calimagic was stopped.

3 Likes