Equipment buying and reviews

I’m with palindrome on the review. That old monotone voice crap is exactly that, crap. I would be able to understand stoned mumbling better than that long drawn out speech.

I also agree that in today’s market a growlight needs to show results and proof of its capabilities. Plenty blurple LEDs out there that make very similar claims to your light. I personally would hand some products out in return for reviews to showcase what they can do.

And while I’m here @cdnBuddy I went to buy one the second I saw your post until I saw the cost for a plastic tray with a screen!? Ya can buy sifting screens and trim over that into a bowl for half the cost BUT that said I am still thinking about buying a trimbin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

@Explorer I love my gadgets! Not the most expensive thing, but after using it I’m very happy with it and will gladly buy a few more as I’m lazy as hell to make my own.

If I had a reclining chair and this, I’d be a happy camper.

5 Likes

Just spent 4 hours in trim jail. Forgot how bad this sucks. May have to pick one of these up

4 Likes

I would recommend the trim bin. I did a marathon and not only did it help my aching back and arms but the keif hash is a great bonus.

5 Likes

@Palindrome summed it up well. I wouldn’t stay long unless I was looking for information on that particular light.

It’s not a review. It looks like one of the many “Top Grow Lights” videos I watched when Rec was on the ballot last year.

When it comes to lighting, as a grower, the only things I care about are results and quality. What is the GPW potential and how efficient is it? It takes a few grows IMO to get that kind of information with anything grow related.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback. I will take the information and try to make sure to include some of those recommendations in future videos.

Stay lifted.

5 Likes

Oh, I wanted to add one more thing about this LED. In no way do I think this light would replace a 1000W HID. This light only puts out a PPFD of 745 and runs at 185 Watts. I would say it’s more like a 400-600W HID.

I did mention this in the video, but I left my personal review of the light, with photos of harvested flowers at the end.

Thanks to your input, I will try to begin with the review and end with the specs.

Stay lifted!

3 Likes

In the video preview picture it says H&G 1000W LED grow light but then it runs at 185W? This is the problem with marketing videos and marketing stats unless you physically show results so for instance before I bought my SK402+ I went on YouTube and looked into “Spectrum King reviews” the first review I came across was a 150W closet case full grow review and from that product review alone I decided I was buying my 402.

Any light producer anywhere can claim it’s this or that and the facts are it really isn’t and I’m interested in your light but I won’t buy without seeing results to know it’s actually proven to produce.

6 Likes

This is one of the main reasons I started doing reviews. When I was looking to purchase my first LED, I also went to Youtube to search reviews. Everything I saw seemed more like a sales pitch than reliable information, especially on the Amazon LEDs.

Just a little heads up, I am not an owner in any company I review. The reviews I provide are for information purposes, and if I like the product, I will ask the manufacturer/business if they could provide my viewers with any discounts or coupon codes. (I figure it’s the least they could do since I am providing these videos for them:wink: )

Right now, my favorite inexpensive light is the Budget LED Grow light. It has all the same specs as some of the HLG and Blackdog lights for about 30% less the cost! And I am really happy with the performance thus far.

Take a look: Budget Series 1 240W LED vs H&Grow 185W LED

4 Likes

And for the affiliate links you provide I guess. Don’t take it personally, I’m just tired of all the clips and articles full of affiliate links that show up when I do research about something these days and I usually close the page instantly. It’s commercial content and that’s usually not what I am looking for.

7 Likes

Hi peeps!
I bought a Gavita fixture I will be using for vegging. I got it for like 40$ with a MH lamp, but was wondering if I can use a CMH lamp in this? (I’m new to lights like these)

Gavita gan 4-550 AL

3 Likes

Hey gang! Just wanted to drop a list of stuff that I have purchased and have found to be quality products. Everything I post here, I have ordered and used, and/or currently use.

Ppm pen

4" filter fan combo

Fan with 3 speed settings

Ozone generator
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32890093985.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.32890093985&aff_trace_key=6d6f1dd9cb784ec99bfa2a7d31cb5b03-1567054361008-06028-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=7906amp-wxNMRZyHVLxnbcG5YObkdQ1569077389422

Dual Vero29 - dimmable
https://app.alibaba.com/dynamiclink?touchId=60808373396&type=product&schema=enalibaba%3A%2F%2Fdetail%3Fid%3D60808373396%26ck%3Dshare_detail&ck=share_detail&shareScene=buyer

Kill-a-watt meter
https://www.amazon.ca/anyilon-KWE-PMB03-Wattmeter-Consumption-Electricity/dp/B07NPX4ZHW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=anyilon+KWE-PMB03&qid=1569077570&s=gateway&sr=8-1

1 Like

Be careful with that ozone generator. Ozone is not only harmful to people, but also plants. It is best used in the exhaust portion of the system…

4 Likes

Learn something new everyday. Don’t know what one is but if ever get one for my grow I’ll bare this in mind.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard that. I’ve been around it while it’s on or has already been running, but not for extended periods of time, maybe a couple minutes max…never had any ill effects. I have never put it in the grow, too scared to bugger the girls. I’ve also heard that people who use it in their grows dont have the same potent smelling buds…kills terps or something? Initially got it to kill the mildew and dog smell in the basement (worked like a charm!!)…but now that I’m in ‘the game’ again, I figured I would add it to my arsenal of grow shit.

1 Like

I used to run a bunch of thouse ballasts, they are nice but will only run HPS and MH bulps.

Think I still got one in the attic somewhere

3 Likes

Yeah, I figured it out eventually :slight_smile:

Does anyone have a link to anything better than these, but in the same price range?

Or this…

My space is 2’ x 5’ x 6.5’…I usually only use 2 x 3 of the space.

3 Likes

I bought this. There are all sorts. Bonus it may come with coronavirus

3 Likes

Just need bulb a with these.

2 Likes