Equipment buying and reviews

Looking for a new air pump for my 6 site dwc. It holds about 5 gallons of nutrient solution, but drops to 3 gallons once all 6 sites have nice root masses.
Like most people, I want the cheapest, highest quality one available!..lol.
Must be…

• sound is not overly important, but kind of quiet
  • beyond adequate for 3-5 gallons of solution

Found these, but if anyone has any first-hand experience with a pump they would recommend, please share!
I like this one because it can be turned down, if need be.

This one is nice and powerful, but overkill for 3-5 gallons of solution?

1 Like

Hygrow lighting solutions on fb etsy and ebay…

that is there 240 watt model it was 230.48 usd

4 Likes

I would like to propose this line that I use and that I really appreciate delta 1 delta 9 and delta 10 are Spanish fertilizers and believe me they are scary especially delta diez 10 increases the buds a lot in the last few weeks … then the delta 1 rooting is a bomb try it or if someone already uses it

Sorry if wrong section I’m new here and didn’t wanna start a thread to ask and didn’t get any results in search so … Can anyone advise me which inkbird to get? (I don’t need the controller as I have ac infinity controller) so just a temp humidity tracker that records data and can check in real time on my phone seems fun, I like a screen on it to see but not a deal breaker

What’s the dif with these and help decide please
The first looks good
Second has no screen
Third is the plus version with external probe

1 Like

Bluetooth variants for when you are nearby. They also have WIFI versions which sends the data to the cloud, in that way you can check status remotely in pseudo real-time. Or, a version that can interface to a Bluetooth gateway.

You’ll need an android based phone to install the application. Not sure of IOS (Apple).

For just Bluetooth, you’d probably want a version with the ‘logging’ capability at minimum if you plan on tracking the conditions over time.

The Bluetooth loggers, for instance, will state something like max date storage is 30000 points. Which, at say a 1 minute sampling interval, would be about 20 days. Sampling intervals could probably be programmed and you’d extend the overall time by changing the interval, for instance, to one sample each 15 minutes … which gives you almost a year.

You’d have to look at the specification to see how much storage each of the loggers provides.

The WIFI stuff or via a network connected gateway will store data in the cloud automatically that can be retrieved by the application later. They say it’s stored for 12 months.

E.g. Bluetooth Gateway:

You’d only need a gateway like the above if you are looking for remote monitoring. Bluetooth itself has a limited range and you need to be nearby to retrieve the data stored.

Or, something that has WIFI built-in, such as:

2 Likes

I have just received this wee cracker for £165 on EBay - only previously ‘used for an auto run’ …:+1:

It’s only 205W but it’ll be good for my wee BudBox tent ( 75 75 100cm .).
It’ll fit nicely.

It won’t be too long before the Wi-Fi is usable on most of the next gen lights. :ok_hand:.

Happy growing peeps’ …
Gaz.

2 Likes

£270 usually to buy over here bro. Nice score. :+1:

1 Like

I switched a lot of grow lights but stuck with SunBlaster Micro LED Growlight Garden. It has a complete self-watering system that is very convenient. Got it from the Park Seed store.

I got the discount code YOURBDAY from DontPayFull, which offered 20% off. You can find there more discounts and deals for other stores.

Anyone know where to get TRUE 5g smart plugs?
My plants are stretching like a bitxh this year because my heater turns on x amount of time after lights out and turns off x amount of time before lights on. I have too big of a temp swing. My old 2.4g plugs were the shit…I could have my heater on 1 minute after lights out and off 1 minute before lights on. I can’t risk all my lights and stuff on and then heater kicks in and blows the breaker…so using a bunch of shitty mechanical timers right now.

So again…anyone know where together 5g smart plugs or have an idea as to what I should do? I’ve tried the “5g” plugs on Amazon, but you need Alexa or siri to actually make the pos work…so sent them back.

Getting kind of frustrated…trying to grow buds, not stems.

Old plug

2 Likes

Hi
Is there a trading post of used growing equipment on overgrown?
I’m looking to get a controller, small clip on oscillating fan, heating mat for starting seeds, in-line fan duct, water reservoir and possible self watering system. Ideally the controller is compatible with these things.
Votes and pros and or cons with mars hydro, ac infinity, or Vivo. Those see, to be the three biggest names

1 Like

I think you can use the old 2.4ghz plugs still even on a 5G phone or router

Here you go.

2 Likes

I dunno…my phone is almost 7 years old. The new wifi is 5g…the plugs don’t connect to it. Was the best thing being at work and forgot to turn the heater on…go on phone “click” done. Now these friggin mechanical timers…adjust one, gotta adjust em all. And of course the plugs are at the back of the closets. :man_facepalming:
I miss my wifi plugs

1 Like

Most modern WiFi routers/access points will come with both 2.4 and 5Ghz radios.

Been using these for WiFi plugs. No complaints.

https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/smart-plugs

1 Like

Yup that article above is about ways to get your dual band 5G router to connect to the 2.4ghz plugs!

1 Like

Enjoy, boys! I’m s.o.l. until Amazon gets the real 5g plugs. Wish I had a computer with router so I could still use them…convenience was :ok_hand:

Your a Legend.

These lights are getting really cheap. 315w cmh kit for $211 to your door (+ duty tax)
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
C$111.68 9%OFF | SOLIDEE LEC CMH 315W HPS MH 400W grow light kit with ballast reflector and bulb
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msrF17y