Equipment buying and reviews

@MadScientist

Looking forward to your feedback using the GO box.

Any reason you picked GH Go box over FloraNova?.

2 Likes

Yes actually, i think reputation most of allā€¦

The guy at the store says he uses that one iwth very good results, his ā€œtomatoesā€ are ripe and shiny!!! LOL

4 Likes

Ok so my wife sees me buying all this ā€œcrapā€ for growing weed and thenā€¦ ā€œWhat about me?ā€ And well, i felt i could give her something useful around the houseā€¦ For both of usā€¦
I spent all morning looking in the box around the patio terrace and on the lawn, cosā€™ i was missing a couple of piecesā€¦ Guess who. My little boy took them. I must have given my parents such a hard time! LOL

Will be posting pictures of my lamp later, i got the call from my courier it;s ready for pick up. Vero29v7 600W!!!

WOOHOO!

6 Likes

Aw hell yeah bro. Sick greenhouse! How was the setup?

2 Likes

Really easy! The hard part was finding the two missing parts my baby took while i was busyā€¦ LOL

Very self-explanatory, but if never played LegoĀ® as a boy, there was little chance to pull it off. Instructions were a diagram with the parts numberedā€¦ The rest you had to figure out by yourselfā€¦

2 Likes

Here it isā€¦ Vero29v7 600W.

8 Likes

I hope this is considered equipment. I donā€™t know i can move it if needed.
I bought some Down To Earth neem and was disappointed so i bought the kind i like and am showing you the difference.

First Down to earth.

Ahimsa organics (http://neemresource.com/)

The difference DTE on the left Ahimsa on the right.

I am pretty sure DTE buys the good stuff on the right grinds it and resells the fluffed up powder for more.

7 Likes

Ahimsa is the way to go fosho!!

2 Likes

I too hope this counts as gearā€¦ Mail got here today, from Attitude.

2 Likes

MS you are keeping the seedbanks in business! :grinning: You will have some nice crops coming up.

I donā€™t see the problem with DTE in the pics - it looks like Neem meal is ground up more than Neem cake, maybe some people want it that way?

1 Like

You can think of it that way but grinding heats it up and degrades it. The color is more red less brown you can see an oilyness to the Ahimsa the DTE doesnā€™t have. Also the nose on the Ahimsa is extremely more robust. I just wanted an example of the choices you have.

1 Like

how much do you add to the soil mix? Is the goal to add nutrients or kill bugs? Iā€™ve never used neem cake.

1 Like

I top dress a pinch a week up to several weeks before harvest. It is a good source of nitrogen. Fungus and earthworms love it. Ants donā€™t like the smell of it. (my opinion, observation) More than 1% volume in soil could be damaging for some plants. There are systemic elements (azadactrin spelling?) that cause sterility in insects as well as interrupting feeding habits. The benefits are many.

Edit: If you are bottle feeding and you use this it could burn. You have to account for the nitrogen. Mixing 50/50 with Karanja intensifies the benefits.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the picture on the types of neem. How does it taste?.. (kidding) Iā€™d almost go with the course ground neem, DTE is in most grow shops tho.

IRAC (International Insect Resistance Action Committee) Lists Azadactrhrin as having an ā€œunknownā€ action. When you ā€œsprayā€ you usually rotate groups according to mode of action. Its listed as an insecticide and has a wide range of pesticide properties according to products containing Aza, but a committee looking at it shows unknown MoA.

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional info. Most of what i know is hippy lore and stoner assumption.

4 Likes

@ryascoā€¦ Clever marketing by the guys at the growstoreā€¦ :unamused:

2 Likes

I believe it helps repel insects and the fungus can be seen growing around it. I also believe it keeps fungus gnat levels down with organic growing. The nitrogen benefits can be seen also. I donā€™t think top dressing with it will help with powdery mildew like i have been told. I wonder if it helps with root nematodes and root rot issues. I have heard the rumors but donā€™t know if it is true.

1 Like

Iā€™m using the lower genetics seeds and freebies first. In a few months when i setup shop for real, iā€™m gonna need a lot of help and work but, yes thatā€™s the intentionā€¦ To have nice crops. And seeds. Hundreds of seeds. What would it be a BX?

1 Like

If you take a batch of seeds and find the best male and female and breed them then that would be a back cross.

Edit: Look down for better answer.

Well, (P1 x P2) = F1

If you cross F1 back to original parents (P1 or P2) then that would be considered a backcross. (BX)

The first F1 generation shouldnā€™t show much variation but Iā€™ve seen differences, When select F1 x F1 you should see more traits appear according to Mendelā€™s laws

Something like that.

4 Likes