Equipment buying and reviews

here’s a good article on this topic:

I guess my question on neem meal in the soil would be, is there any azadirachtin in Neem meal? If so, some of it will end up in the plants, you’re basically using systemic Neem, right?

btw, the old advice “let the soil dry out” is bullshit! The gnats seem to thrive just as well if you wait longer between waterings. The soil must be kept wet or the plant dies, I’ve never seen any helpful effect from letting the soil get dry, except that it lets you apply DE and have it work for a day or two.

3 Likes

bunch of good stuff here on them.

2 Likes

Yes there is. And no it wont.

1 Like

Amen brother! Boycott Monsanto and the cannabis industry companies they have acquired. Gavita lights, General Hydro, and Botanicare!

5 Likes

Ac Infinity Cloudline T4
It’s got my vote. It’s a great fan, quiet, well balanced, full featured!

3 Likes

Monsanto, ruining lives through modern genetic manipulation and hideous chemicals.

Don’t care how many jobs, this company needs to go away!

2 Likes

The first product is like to give some rep to is a lesser known tent company. Green Qube tents rock! They’re premium quality but far more affordable than gorilla tents. They have features that I haven’t seen from other tent companies too. They don’t sell in the States yet so I contacted them directly and they were very friendly and accommodated with shipping so I didn’t have to pay anything over their price. Awesome product, awesome support.

2 Likes

The second product I’d like to shout out is oxygen pot systems. It’s an ebb and grow bucket system using buckets with smart pots so you can use any medium with the ease and advantage of ebb & flow. I’m loving it.

2 Likes

The Grow Commander system. Not seen this one in person, but it is completely back ordered in the US. Seems a knockoff of the popular C.A.P. system EBB and Grow, or the all new Activa Aqua system. Set up properly, very easy to run.

1 Like

If anyone is tempted to buy Gavita HPS check out P.L. Light instead. Much better quality and they serve 75% of the professional horticulture lighting market. Gavita was always a PL wannabe for the cannabis black market, PL fixtures are much better build quality.

https://www.monstergardens.com/Grow-Lighting/Commercial-Grade-Lighting/PL-Lighting-HSE-NXT-LP-DE-Fixture-Dimmable

2 Likes

@ryasco has one of those Plasmas…

1 Like

I believe the P.L. Light is a double ended HPS. :grin:

2 Likes

yep, I’ve got the 600w HSE HPS they make and it’s a thing of beauty, you could display it in the living room as a piece of mechanical artwork! Maybe I will! :smile:

Gavita actually uses shitty plastic bulb sockets in all their $400 and $500 HPS units. I couldn’t believe when I saw that. The first one I had I tore the inside apart just trying to screw the bulb in. A thin metal wire like a paper clip holds the burning hot bulb in place, it’s unbelievable how flimsy it is.

The HPS I used as a youngster was from P.L. Light Systems, loved it. If I still had that fixture and its giant magnetic ballast, I’d probably be using it instead of the CMH I have now (though I do love my CMH).

Anyway, sounds like they’ve been a reliable brand for the 21st century thus far.

they still make a durable magnetic HPS and they also have a really nice 315 CMH unit, although it is pricey, the HPS are more competitive with other companies.

Urban-Gro in Colorado is a big P.L. Light dealer, they also offer their own CMH light “Soleil” that looks really nice, I saw it at a convention last year:

https://urban-gro.com/cannabis-lighting-products/

1 Like

Got me a couple of things from the store yesterday, i haven´t been much to overgrow these last couple of weeks, but still growing… HAHAHAHA!

4 Likes

too bad you wernt around. you woulda seen my post and saved some money :wink: hahahahaha

1 Like

Be Nice! + 12 Characters.

1 Like

im being nice. this is a review section for equipment so I could review what he bought :joy: hahahahahaha :laughing:

1 Like

I know, and nobody appointed me the OG comment cop either.

Peace brother.

Wait a minute, I smell sarcasm!!

1 Like