Ere's a good light 4 u. Let's call it ebeneezer

I’ve searched looking if there is I led source for uvb but seems the tech isn’t quite there yet. I have a t5 panel I may invest in a few uvb bulbs for that should increase trichome production. Things are moving a little fast for me at the moment so I’ll wait until I’ve got used to these new LEDs :+1:

1 Like

Just so you’re aware how fast this royal blue build is gonna come about :grin:

4 Likes

I’ll be following it don’t worry. Are these gonna be a new option to your other builds mate or something to compliment them?

1 Like

Excellent. What was the budget for this build?

1 Like

My budget was £500. We came well within budget. @anon58740919 runs a small business so I can’t really comment on the actual cost without his permission

1 Like

These are supplemental lights brother. And in regards to cost. I put a deal out there a while back. @Esrgood4u was the first to shout up for it. £400 is the price. (It’s pretty much cost but the non dim is test territory for me at the moment so that was reflected in the price) I don’t do that shady non transparent shit if we make a deal you’re more than welcome to state it in a thread bro

3 Likes

I understand but I still felt I had to run it past you before commenting. It’s just how I am mate. We all have to survive and feed our family’s.
These new supplement lights you any idea on the pricing as yet? I’ll be watching to see their performance once you have them up and running :+1:

3 Likes

Definitely appreciate the sentiment :sunglasses: the supplement lights for a 2 cob unit. Around £80 I was thinking. That’s a rough guess as of yet I’ll get back to you with actual pricing once it’s all together

2 Likes

Yeah please do. If you make a thread be sure to tag me in it. £80 is more than fair if you ask me. Vet time unfortunately :frowning: I’ll catch up with this thread a bit later :+1:

1 Like

I understand.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the difference between doing an LED self build versus purchasing one on Amazon.

The one I’m ready to pull the trigger on is: BESTVA 1500W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Grow Lamp with IR&UV. It has some pretty solid reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M03IA3J/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01M03IA3J&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=a54d13fc-b8a1-4ce8-b285-d77489a09cf6&pf_rd_r=TDC5QFS96XHTNSTGWRJJ&pd_rd_wg=c4r6O&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=XLBxc&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=90c8426d-9f60-11e8-8ff8-8125ad5e991d

Obviously your light is going to outperform that one. I just don’t know the technical reasons for that.

2 Likes

Anything that tries to sell you “high lumens” avoid.

I can already tell you from a quick glance at the page the actual draw is 285w. And they have the audacity to market that at 1500w. The science behind my lights pissing all over that one is that I have more power. More evenly spread with better efficiency diodes. Samsung lm561c do this with minimal wattage wasted as heat. (I’ve not found a better diode yet and not for want of looking) swerve that light mate

3 Likes

Thanks for the analysis. It’s easy to go by Amazon ratings and reviews glowing about a product and fall into that trap.

Got it, more power. Your build is a little more than my budget allows. What do you think can be built for around $200 USD?

2 Likes

Have a word with @Baudelaire. I only sell to the UK myself. He’s your man.

3 Likes

Made the measuring jig for the spacing

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

The diodes used in these lights are capable of running at 10w each supposedly and they advertise that fact. 150 10w diodes = 1500w. The drivers these units use are not powerful enough to power the Leds to there supposed full potential and run at quarter of the advertised wattage. It’s one big gimmick. They will grow well enough for to yield something worth talking about but nowhere near what you’d achieve had you used Samsung based diodes such as the solstrips or quantum boards :+1:

4 Likes

7 Likes

To further emphasise what @Esrgood4u is saying here. Buying these and swapping out drivers to run @1500w would still not work as you would need to take into consideration heat dissipation too.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: wow. You did me proud @anon58740919. It’s looking mint :+1:

3 Likes