Ere's a good light 4 u. Let's call it ebeneezer

Well just know in the future I’ll be making another order with yourself. I’ll never touch the rig you are building for me other than hanging it and turning it on but I will be requiring more to maybe add a bit side lighting on two sides of my tent at some point. Thanks for all your effort mate. I’m gonna get my head down now as up at 6 for work.

3 Likes

Now :straight_ruler: we see why America didn’t go Metric…

…the numbers get WAY too big… :laughing:

:evergreen_tree: :us:

4 Likes

Watch those style power supplies, My first two for my light couldn’t handle the sustained load over time. Eventually blowing components rather explosively. Hopefully you’ve got a better version, mine was a cheap cheap cheap one from ebay (like, so cheap I had very low expectations lol)

4 Likes

LED dummy question:

Can you run 2 drivers to 1 light splitting the load to eliminate what Jelly just mentioned?

:evergreen_tree: :rotating_light: ?

2 Likes

yes you could easily run 5 on 1 driver and 6 on another driver or something, but i think his problem was just a cheap driver lol

4 Likes

I’m running 5 strips of a 185 dimable driver for veg /autos :blush:

5 Likes

:100: brother. You could run it on 2 drivers. But it was a cost/wattage battle to the end. Meanwell hlg 480h 24a cost silly cash UK sides. (Yes I know they’re good. But it’s only the dimming that is good.

@jellypowered I have one running already myself and so far so good. Just had to make sure the vo adjust. Was set to the 24 properly. I have recommended that in future when he can afford to. A 2nd rack and 2 hlg 320h 24a drivers to power both would be the way to go in a 4x4 tent

4 Likes

And that will be exactly what happens sometime in the future :+1: I had a set amount set aside for upgrades and @anon58740919 pointed me in the best direction for my purposes (he even managed to save me a little cash) I’m 100% sure this new light will out perform anything I’ve used in the past.

5 Likes

4 Likes

This build is going quicker than I expected :+1:

3 Likes

@Esrgood4u What an epic workspace. Someone is super organised.

I have only really mucked around with Cobs. Is you whole setup led?

2 Likes

It will be all LED once @anon58740919 has finished the build for me. I’ve previously ran a couple of Chinese LEDs (meizhi, yaetek and unknown chinese) then near the end of the run I’ve ran a HPS 600w to finish then off if I hadn’t seen the results I expected. I thought it was time to upgrade so contacted Colanoscopy to see what we could achieve with the cash I had available.
Oh and by the way the photos you are seeing isn’t my workspace. It’s Colanoscopys workshop. :+1:

2 Likes

I’ll second that I have a cob and strip rig ill never use hps again that’s for sure :blush:

4 Likes

Efficient by nature brother :grin:

@Bongedtobits cheers for the nod on the workspace. It’s still a work in progress itself but it’s also sanctuary.

@kushyhaze you got to see what the lights do in real life before you took the plunge :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve worked with cobs. Strips. Hps and been apart of a CMH grow. Led all the way for me now

2 Likes

I just finished a run of Kandy Kush under COB.

The quality was on point but the buds were a bit light. That could also be due the the heatwave we have been having in the UK.

I would like to finally say goodbye to the HPS but the LED I have used seem to lack in light penetration.

@anon58740919 @Esrgood4u Do you scrog to maintain an even canopy?

@anon58740919 Sorry for getting mixed up. Your lights look amazing. I’m a bit baked tbh

2 Likes

Normally I just Fim them once then let them do there own thing. If they become troublesome I’ll throw in the scrog net and weave them through to control the height if needed. Other than that they get a overdose of LITFA.

1 Like

LITFA? Leave it the fuck alone? Psml

3 Likes

I like to grow them out in a natural manner. My wifi setup and use of LED means I’ve managed to maintain a pretty steady environment. What COB have you been using. What chips? Actual wattage and over what space. Guessing you have seen the improvement in trich production from LED. (I’m currently working on a way to exploit that production using cobs in the 445-465nm range which I’ve just managed to find a source to supply UK) I’m actually hoping they arrive today. The heatsinks have and the holders should be here tomorrow so lookout for a new thread. The blue thread :wink:

4 Likes

Tbh I would have to check what they were I made it a while back.

I was using the light over 1m2. The trich production was off the scale from week 2. I will sub to your thread as COBS are very interesting and you seem to know a damn sight more than me.

Learning is fun

2 Likes