Essential Tremors effects and treatment with Cannabis

Following on from the discussion in the introduce yourself thread. If you suffer from this condition and have found things that help please share your info.

@trollslettuce @Gpaw @Abbbian

6 Likes

I have had minor tremors all my life. They get worse with stress and mainly affect just my left arm and both hands.

I put the severe shaking down to a work accident that has damaged my c spine and nerves.

I spoke with a doctor 20 odd years ago as he noticed it when we were both at a party. He said a lot of this is caused by brain lesions or scarring on the brain from inflammation.

He suggested it was from the MMR vaccine I had when I was 5 years old as I also had cognitive issues, like not being able to read or spell compared to prior of getting the shot.

It has gotten considerably worse since my neck injury, and now interferes with my airbrushing art work so itā€™s something I would like to treat if possible.

I do get less severe effect when using cannabis, but the tremor is always present when moving or resting.

6 Likes

@Shadey, Iā€™ve had shaky hands all my life, considering lately, a bit due to using too much coffee. Yet, surely, even when I was a young kid, I kinda remember, mostly through comments from people round me! Have never been a very quiet kinda person!! In your case, the accident seems to be what pushed your health over the edge there! Hope everything gets better and smooth in your life, brother! :pray: :hugs:

3 Likes

Essential tremors are what got me started growing. I see some improvement by using daily tinctures I make. Where I do get immediate help is when I start having episodes where my shaking is really pronounced and it affects my motor skills. At this point I have noticed consuming a larger quantity helps make the shaking get manageable again.
Really interested in hearing if anyone else has seen improvement and if so what strains? I find the most benefit from Congo and some Thai.

The tincture I make is the green dragon recipe.

Feel free to ping me if you have questions.

4 Likes

My wife has a fairly minor ET, and some members of her family have it much worse. She loves weed, but sheā€™s never mentioned that it helps. Iā€™d be interested to hear if anyone has success with it.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds Coincidence or not, Iā€™ve had, more than two occasions which had just had a smoke, went to the doctor, had pressure taken, always significantly lower than average. It made me thinkā€¦
Besides, Iā€™m always on the move, especially with a highly active mind! Had I not been taking my tokes constantly, wouldnā€™t be surprised to catch myself flying! Pun intended!!
Weed surely gives my body (and I) a calming effect! Never needed a doctor or studies or reading to tell me that! I feel it!! Iā€™d be interested in knowing what she tells you! :pray: :hugs:

3 Likes

ET runs in my motherā€™s family (7 aunts and & with 29 cousins).
It mostly affects the males, but also the females as well to a lesser degree.
Mine is slight compared to my uncles. A couple of them can barely feed themselves.
It first shows up in the late 20ā€™s, everybodyā€™s first assumption is ā€œitā€™s too much coffeeā€ and caffeine certainly makes it worse.
I had to give up daily coffee in my late 30ā€™s as it was interfering with my bench work. Thank goodness for a middle management positionā€¦ :wink:

Iā€™m looking forward to ā€˜getting a handleā€™ on the cannabis/ET connection, it could really help some of my family.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Damn I love my coffee in the morning. I will try a week without coffee and see if it reduces the shakes. Stress/anxiety definitely increases it for me. Perhaps if Coffee does as well the link between the 2 is adrenaline.

4 Likes

That may help you, I really enjoy coffee but it causes me to have bad shakes and increased anxiety so I try to stay away from itā€¦ every now and then Ill drink some but it usually does more bad than good

4 Likes

I switched from coffee (a pot a day) to Green tea to cut the tremors.
That worked for a decadeā€¦ Later, I had to cut back on the tea as well. :laughing:

About once a month I make a pot of Mokaā€¦ They could hire me at Lowes as a paint shakerā€¦ :sweat_smile:
but damn I miss coffee. :rofl:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I drink green tea when I do my once a month 6 day long fast and was what I was going to swap over to. I drink coffee mainly as it burns calories and helps lower the auto insulin release in the mornings. I drink 2 mugs a day usually equivalent to a small tims.

No one else I know in our family has it as far as I know.

2 Likes

Found this article I thought you guys might want to see.
https://www.greenbridgemed.com/blog/essential-tremor-managed-with-low-dose-thc-v

5 Likes

Looks good, cheers man. Now I need to find some THCV strains.

6 Likes

You know Iā€™m watching this thread. Thanks for starting it @Shadey

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got Varins G and Novarine THCv that I am going to try. Also have various Congo stuff including landrace/heirloom.

4 Likes

Thanks for this. I have Syrian V from Hoku Seed Co. One of these days Iā€™ll grow it and my wife can tell me if it helps.

3 Likes

Youā€™re most welcome @lefthandseeds

I look forward to hearing if it does help, because I personally know some people affected by this condition. If itā€™s been shown to be as effective as claimed, Iā€™ll definitely look into growing some plants and making bottles of tinctures for them.

Sounds like the Syrian V would be the perfect candidate. Are there any other high thcv varieties you would recommend I look into?

2 Likes

Syrian and Dougā€™s Varin are definitely some of the highest testing I know of. Iā€™ve also read that jack the ripper might be a candidate, and some African sativas ā€“ possibly ones from Ethiopia. But I had bought Syrian V because it seemed like one of the better candidates out there, and I already had some experience with the Syrian variety from RSC. Iā€™m growing a BaOx / Syrian hybrid from Hoku right now.

2 Likes

Out of likes right now :heart: but thank you Lefty :pray::pray:

I have some Dutch Treat seeds that Iā€™ve heard can have some potential thcv as well, but would rather grow something thatā€™s been proven to have measurable and meaningful tested levels of it.

Yes I saw that in your hemp thread. I thought I posted in it already, but just checked and I didnā€™t :thinking: Lately Iā€™ve been having dreams of being on OG (:joy: I know itā€™s weird, and a bit sad, lmaoo) maybe it was just a dream.

4 Likes

:joy:
That is hilarious! I had to take a job in a turkey processing plant. I worked on a trussing table. Eight men ran 40,000 - 70,000 birds a day depending on the size of birds. I worked ten hour days. Then at night dreamed I was still at the table so many times!
:joy:

3 Likes