Europe/Worldwide Mailing Questions

From Canada: is the cost the same as mailing a letter to the US?

From US: I know it’s $1.45 to mail worldwide, is there more to it, like a customs form?

I see many giveaways say :us: or :canada: if the cost is the same and nothing extra to do was wondering why be limited :confused:

5 Likes

Customs form if it is larger than an envelope, like a padded mailer; otherwise, just a stamp.

4 Likes

Mailing from Canada…
(In Canadian dollars)

A regular envelope, under 30 grams…

A Canadian stamp, good for mailing with in Canada is $1.07 each stamp. Only good for mailing inside of Canada to another Canadian address.

A stamp to send from Canada to anywhere in the US is $1.30

To send to another country, example Brazil, or India, the cost of an international stamp is $2.71

7 Likes

Some people also might not be comfortable sending things across the border.
I haven’t had any issues yet. I’m also legal where I am at so I got nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

I use Canada, USA and International stamps and each one costs progressively more. People can limit where they wish to send to all they want, it’s not for users to question them. If you go to IG you will find almost every single giveaway is USA only. There are some concerned about shipping across borders, for others the cost may be an issue. Yet others may just have their own reasons for limiting where they wish to send to. There is a much lower success rate sending worldwide as well so perhaps some just don’t want to waste seeds that get stopped. In the end it’s up to each individual to decide what they wish to do.

7 Likes

You have that ‘missent to Jamaica’ stamp :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I am curious what happened to some seeds that went from USA to Europe during the First week of december but never came to my mailbox.Do they Scan the letters?I also don’t know if sending something like seeds or pollen of this plant (that Is illegal here) to USA Will get me into trouble…?

2 Likes

Seeds & pollen are legal to mail in USA since 2017(trump). Should be fine.

If mail going from USA to xxx gets disappeared then probably lost or seized by receiving country’s post.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

So Basically If cannabis Is not legal in my country It Is a problem if they find my address in that letter with seeds/pollen,right?Even tho trading and buying seeds It s legal here
(Either If sent from a “legal” country or from mine)
@cannabissequoia

Safest way is to use coin flips and washer and send in a greeting card. I use a U.S. Forever Stamp to send to Canada. Not even sure what the actual postage is. If you buy Forever Stamps for international (including Canada), they are good forever, even if the postage rates go up.

3 Likes

A post office clerk here in Spain told me they only scan envelopes over 100 grams, never had a problem while sending or receiving, a P.O. Box is the best way to handle it… ejem|nullxnull

4 Likes

A PO box has also some of your data. I had one many, many years ago, in the modchip era, and had to give them in post office.

I think that the most secure way is mine… I give one direction, and the postman leave the cards in other. :rofl:

F***ing postman…

Happy growings.

3 Likes

In my case it’s safer because I hired it in a village, distant 12 miles from here, where I don’t live no more, so they don’t have my actual address … ejem|nullxnull

4 Likes