Overseas shipping

So I’ve sent seeds all over Canada and USA without issue but is it a big deal to ship to Spain? How’s the best way to do this?

5 Likes

I have shipped to Spain, I just use the same method as sending anywhere. Coin flip in card with International stamp.

10 Likes

Awesome thank you @DougDawson! I wasn’t sure if they had stricter customs

2 Likes

100% with Doug on this.

The best thing for me is that I can use the same stamp that I use to send letters to Canada to send to Spain. :call_me_hand:

Overgrow the World @Kushking902 !
:seedling: :world_map:

3 Likes

No, we(in EU) don’t have strickter customs as you have over there. I recieved lotsa seed sendinngs from over pond with no problems

3 Likes

Put the seeds in a beanie baby?

1 Like

I just sent some beans to :canada: I used 2 forever stamps and one 10 cent…hopefully there’s no issues.

Anyone willing to test methods I volunteer to receive :es: and give feedback frech|nullxnull, just kidding, coin flips work great, custom declarations as beads or other are a PITA as you have to pay first duties before receiving :sweat:, I’ve been told they don’t scan envelopes less than 100 grams … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

1.30 global stamps and your covered.

1 Like

30 stamps???

No, 1 “global stamp” at the U.S. post office is $1.30 and it will get anywhere that takes mail from the U.S.

1 Like

Well, I can say as long as you dont give unexpected customs declarations you should be fine, I’ve sent seeds to the usa, straight into an envelope no coin flips, nothing, just the typical seed package, I declared it as seeds worth 20€, 8€ shipping. And I can say in this package I sent +50 seeds, also I toss a couple veggies seeds around just in case lol. Spain is really relaxed about seeds, if there is an ‘for collectionism purposes’ text its totally fine. Can’t say about other countries besides USA and EU

…or u can try curragated plastic sheets…cut into 2" squares, fold it in some construction paper or a miscellaneous “thank you” card and :incoming_envelope::dash:

2 Likes

The corrugated plastic does work, I have used it and have received seeds in it before, but I have found that they can be damaged easily compared to the coin flip and rubber washer setup. I have never had the coinflip/rubber washer fail on me for sending or receiving.

2 Likes

When it’s like that for me I use the blunt end of a wooden skewer or cocktail toothpick to get the seeds out…and when packing I use cotton or a tiny piece of paper towel to keep the seeds in place so they don’t rattle and i usually put a fragile sticker on the seeds I send…so the postage handlers can handle what I send with a little TLC.

…and these are absolutely free when ordering from usps.com

2 Likes

I know what you mean, but it’s the opposite for me.
With coin flips with staples I just bend the staples open to remove them.
Like you said, cutting a slit in the window area is easiest at times.

The plastic made seed pucks are cool, but when people use the stickers etc to keep them in I find myself having a harder time not losing any seeds. :laughing:

1 Like

After losing some seeds while taking them out from those devilish stapled coin flips :roll_eyes: I wrap the ones I send in smoking papers before putting them inside the ring. … ejem|nullxnull

1 Like