How many stamps?

I haven’t ever sent out coin flips/washers before, only received them over the years. I notice some people put 1 stamp per flip, some put 2 or 3 or more. If I want to save money (I’m poor af), what is a good rule of thumb? I have a small scale and can check the rates, but looking for cost effective wisdom first. Thanks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

$1.15 non machinable domestic stamp. $1.55 non machinable global stamp outside US.

Invest in flips, washers and thank you cards/envelopes.

9 Likes

And for machinable stamps? I’ve never received a non-non-machinable stamped envelope with damaged flips. Again, trying to save money here. Next to no income.

Edit: I have a box of flips, washers, envelopes, and greeting cards. All that’s left is to get some stamps and put them on.

3 Likes

1 Stamp under a oz in states. 2 for more than an oz. 3 for international. Forever stamps

10 Likes

Up to an ounce and max 1/4 inch thick.

HTH

2 Likes

They’re around .70 cents I believe. I always ship with non machinable and pay the extra .50 cents for piece of mind. They get there quicker too if you wait in line and deal with a usps employee that puts a sticker/ barcode opposed to stamp.

2 Likes

You can send 3 flips and washers in a card ,in an envelope for one stamp.

7 Likes

$1.15 or 1.55 is cheap for a pack of beans…

Why risk it? Look around, see what traders think of crushed beans and those who routinely ship in such manner.

Wouldn’t you appreciate someone thinking about your satisfaction at the culmination of a trade?

I realize that may sound a bit harsh… not intended that way.

7 Likes

I understand your concern. I’d rather reship any that were damaged given the hundreds I’ve received okay not done as such, given the motto of this thread is cost-effectiveness.

2 Likes

I never knew you could buy a “non-machinable” stamp!

Do they have to be on irregular sized cards to avoid the machine or does the stamp do the trick?

2 Likes

Stamp does the trick. Yeah as long as they are packaged correctly no worries with one stamp within the US other than it might take a little longer @resimax

2 Likes

Yeah technically they are supposed to charge the non machinable charge with the flip inside but they don’t always.

The USPS sells additional ounce forever stamps for 40 cents.

For every 7 1.01-2oz letters you send, if you put a 76 and 40 on it, instead of 2 76’s, you can buy 4 more 76 stamps with the savings, and still have some change.

TIL

4 Likes

If you ask for the “butterfly” stamps at the post office, most workers will know you mean the non-machinable surcharge stamps.

They cost $0.15 more than a regular stamp, and I’ve sent 3 coin-flips of seeds in a card with that one stamp and they arrived fine!

2 Likes

so is it a forever stamp that is also non-machinable or just a non-machinable stamp? either way, for $0.15 i think it’s worth it and i am cheap as hell myself.

1 Like

Non-machinable stamps are called Colorado Hairstreak stamps.

Imo, not worth the cost. I think they’re a joke.
And I only say this because most postal employees do not care enough to sort the mail correctly. It will go through rollers just the same.
But, if you walk it into the PO, hand it directly to an employee that will stamp it in red ink with “Non-Machinable” or “Hand Sort Only” and then put it in the correct receptacle; the stamp may have value.

Now obviously this might not be the same everywhere. But lots of us share this opinion.

Not worth it to me.
I don’t wanna go in the post office! :laughing:

7 Likes

I don’t go in ne more. I’m tired of telling them what I’m sending. Coin flips people! I trade coin flips!

3 Likes

Yeah!
giphy-2

4 Likes

Damn skippy

1 Like

I think I’m getting the screen name blow d out lmao??? Jp

@blowdout2269

3 Likes