European landraces

Dear ones, I am a researcher and I am in charge of collecting and preserving landraces of different types of crops. I am working on the collection and conservation of European landraces of Cannabis sativa L. and in particular Italian landraces. Could you help me by indicating sites or contacts? many thanks in advance

5 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware there were any Italian landraces, sounds interesting. Do you have any more info on them?

1 Like

Ditto. From what Iā€™ve read Africa barely qualifiesā€¦something about 400 years of isolation being necessary. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree: like Congo Spaghetti :joy: :fork_knife_plate:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Wow thatā€™s really cool! Strange the guy decided to cross it with NL rather than just releasing the landrace seeds as is, though. Maybe its not very potent or something.

Northern Lights is an indica. It might have been chosen to shorten flower time. Itā€™s a popular strain used in many hybrids.

2 Likes

That sounds like complete B :poop: S (to me) :joy:

No offense intended, of course.

Italy hasnā€™t been isolated for a very (geologically) long time. To the referenced linkā€™s point, I also highly doubt mafiosos do a lot of careful gardeningā€¦but I donā€™t doubt they sell plenty of schwag & will tell you it came from the moon if itā€™ll raise the price. :laughing:

With the world changing rapidly in terms of weed laws & everyone out to grab money thereā€™s endless BS too.

For sure thereā€™s been cannabis-smoking there for a verrrry long time too (thatā€™s aā€™nice), and growing, but the liklihood of not being interbred with the constant traffic in the mediterranean is slim, IMO.

Just sounds bogusā€¦ not trying to be a dick. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

No offense taken ā€¦:hugs:

3 Likes

Well itā€™s not unrealistic to think it could be an ā€˜iblā€™ in the same way that northern lights, or island sweet skunk are, for example.

1 Like

I think we would class it as a hemp cultivar but taxanomically it would still be C. Sativa

I vaguely remember a guy asking about which cultivars of hemp could be grown in Italy legally. I think he had some local seeds but in EU only allowed to legally grow EU approved hemp, might be mis-remembering that.

A quick ā€œstartpageā€ shows Italy to have the most diverse fauna in Europe
I know that they have wild boar, wolves, bears , Ibex etc

Sorry I cant help locating any though

4 Likes

Landrace, or cultivars\heirloom Thereā€™s a huge difference between the theseā€¦

2 Likes

Ahahaha l italia