Experiencing Deficiencys. lil help?

Ya 15 yrs here but whos counting right? Ya dbag what next ya wana measure cocks? Arm wrestle? I gave my opinion and you gave yours i never tagged u but gota call me out?

hmm alot to think about! thanks for all the great advice!

1 Like

What a well though out and intelligent response for one so matureā€¦ I even agreed with you about the symptoms just not the cause. I pointed out i wasnā€™t born yesterday and have seen this issue before caused by crappy hard tap water. Maybe try measuring your ego some time, dude!

@Albannach and @Skiball
I think you both must have got out the wrong side the bed this morning. Donā€™t let petty crap become a grudge. he who apologises first becomes the bigger manā€¦

also Patrick swayze is watching, dont upset the swayze, it is a very timid creature

5 Likes

I hear you @gordongecko and usually i would agree. What do you think, would Swayze apologize to a guy who just called him a D Bag?

2 Likes

Yeh and he might even be interested in his offer of cock play :thumbsup:

I back my statements with links and real world examples. You back up what you think with supposed 23 yrs experience. You try to flex your ā€œexperienceā€, Iā€™m calling you on it. Only bc you gota call me out. I donā€™t need to be polite to be right.

See my last answer, dude!

When the one who starts throwing petty, childish insults around tells anyone to grow up i know iā€™m in the wrong place :rage:

Thatā€™s a very high TDS for starting water. I agree it looks like pH and or P lockout. You can still throw your pH off whack using organics, especially in pots with bottled nutrients. Flushing wonā€™t hurt organic soil.

I doubt there are any deficiencies in the soil. Calcium and phosphorus will interact and lock both out in soil starting at pH 5.5 and above.

1 Like

Feel free to correct me if Iā€™m wrong but phosphorus is a mobile nutrient ā€¦ mobile nutrients deficiencies show up in the lower half of the plant, imobile nutrients show up in the top half of the plant which is where the issues are occurring.

Googled info:

Calcium (Ca), sulfur (S), iron (Fe), boron (B) and copper (Cu) are immobile

Given your water chart from what Iā€™m seeing your FE and Manganese are below detection level(DL)< coupled with the deficiency chart Iā€™d lean more towards Manganese Def.

3 Likes

so still dealing with this shitty problemā€¦ i have flushed with RO water for about a week and no sign of change yet. all of the local grow shops in town are leaning towards Manganese def. But im still not sure ā€¦ should i try a cal/mag suppliment first? if so how long till i should notice some change ?

this is very frustrating :disappointed:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I thought

1 Like

I really donā€™t understand why people use RO water and camag when regular tap water often has enough calcium and magnesium in it so you can mostly do away with buying a supplement such as calmag. Just decloronate your water with an air pump and stones for a day or so before using it. Obviously if i was using well water then Iā€™d RO it. Seems to me to be a little counter productive stripping out calcium and magnesium then putting it back again.

2 Likes

No need. . .I use well water and I have no problems with cal or mag. . .and never had a ph problem . . . Probably differs between locations though

2 Likes

I always thought the ppm levels from well water were extremely high @Hoodini

Idk obviously doesnā€™t bother the plants. . .never checked it (I donā€™t drink it) i know i have quite a bit of iron in my water because it turns my water tanks reddish/orange
And I get calcium deposits pretty bad too. . .but my plants seem to love it and the animals have never had any problems because of it

2 Likes

I think a lot of growers over think stuff and end up causing more problems than they fix :thinking:

2 Likes

Exactly!! šŸ–’ thatā€™s what my ghetto grow thread is all about. Litfa and love brother and a bunch of faith and trail and error hehe

3 Likes

@Hoodini is correct in that location matters here.

My well water comes out at ~100ppm but that has a lot to do with me overlooking Lake Superior with a 400ā€™ well sitting on all sandy soil. My last place had a deep well but it was full of iron and without proper filters my system would get clogged in a week.

While my current water is nearly perfect I do have to be careful after a long rainstorm or during the spring melt. That extra runoff changes the ph stability of the water so I have to baby it a bit more each day.

3 Likes