Experiencing Deficiencys. lil help?

Your well water ppm is lower than my tap water. My tap water sits at around 150 ppm and the ph is 7.5 and sometimes as high as 8.0. If I notice any kind of deficiency on my girls I just foliar spray straight PhD tap water and things tend to clear up in a day or two.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll ditto that comment!

2 Likes

Ive changed my answer to excess manganese, the tips are burning. the plant is dark and lush.

Check your nutrient labels, are they both to be used together?
in what quantities? use half the stated dose for a week or two and see what happens.

Sounds about like mine bro. . .did your plants not like it?

@Esrgood4u i let my tap water de-chlorinate for 48 hours before using ā€¦ i thought stripping it out was counter productive as well but thats what many people were suggesting.

@Hoodini ive used the same tap water for my previous grow with ZERO deficiencies or problems

At the moment i have Cheese and Northern Lights Autos using the same water/nutrient solution and ZERO problems, and a White Widow & Dead Head OG (photoperiods) under the same regimen with ZERO problemsā€¦ this problem is only happening in ONE plant outta the lot.

@gordongecko the plant is not dark and lush compared to its neighborsā€¦ its on the lighter side of things ā€¦ heres a updated pictureā€¦ the nutrients im using are Gaia Green Organic Dry Amendments ā€¦ so it is meant to be used as a additive to the initial soil or as a top dressing as neededā€¦ it has a mix of slow release and fast release nutrients (usually replenish every 30days) and yes they can be used togetherā€¦ its quite common.

@Esrgood4u i was trying not to over think it but when i wanna flip my girls ASAP and i start dealing with browning leaves spreading like the wild fire i think its more of a concern then ā€œover thinkingā€ lolā€¦ you can only let a problem go on for so long till you have to deal with it or else take the hit come harvest ā€¦ as a medical ACMPR member i rely on my plants for medication ā€¦ in my first grow i was introduced to ā€œLITFAā€ and it worked wonders ā€¦ but this time around i dont think its magical powers will suffice .

So today i purchased some Azomite (to possibly fix the Maganese def) and Dolimite Lime (to possibly fix the Calcium Def) one at a time i guess lol

SWAYZE :cactus:

2 Likes

Oh no, my plants love the well water. This run Iā€™ve experimented a lot with the differences of my well water and RO.
I found the well water to be much easier to work with. No calmag needed and ph is much easier to balance. Well water comes out around the same as you, @Esrgood4u ā€“ 7.5 on a normal day, up to 8+ after a heavy rain or during the spring snow melt.

The only time Iā€™ve had to deal with purple stems is when I was working with RO ā€“ that and fighting ph that bounces around too easy.

1 Like

De chlorination and RO are 2 totally different things. I use straight PhD water with nutrients I donā€™t even de chlorinate it at all. Instead of feeding more and more nutrients (calmag and such) try foliar spraying tap water PhD to 6.5 for a few days without anything added. Iā€™d be watering with straight PhD water only also for a few days. If itā€™s over fert the plain tap water will dilute the nutrients. They say less is more with nutrients for cannabis.

2 Likes

lol im aware they are 2 different things. i was just mentioning i use dechlorinated tap water and not RO, in response to this comment

i will try the tap water folliar spray tho :+1:

1 Like

Ah sorry. I thought you was just mixed up between the 2. Straight tap water should have all the calcium and magnesium your plant should need. The comment about creating more problems wasnā€™t aimed directly at you. BUT you do see 99% of the time people create more problems by over complicating things. If itā€™s a nutrient problem it makes sense to not keep feeding access of other nutrients to try and fix the problem. OG members love the term LITFA. I honestly think just straight tap water will fix your problem. Only treatment Iā€™d give the water is to adjust the ph. Good luck :+1:

thanks ill need it lolā€¦ from what im gathering its a nutrient problem yes ā€¦ but from a deficiency not a excess of a nutrientā€¦

Let me just explain my self a bit here lol

so rite now for the whole life of the plant all i have been doing is watering with water pH 6.3-6.8 (ph with lemon juice 100% organic). i treat my soil at the beginning to take the plant through its veg stage till i switch to flowerā€¦ so for 40 days all it has been getting is dechlorinated tap water pH 6.3-6.8. and this problem has came up the last 2 weeks on the ONE plant.

with dry amendments you add them to the soil at the beginning of your grow and your good till you flip em and introduce some fresh bloom dry amendments to aid in flower.

although i wish this was all i needed to do to fix the problemā€¦ this is all i HAVE been doing thus farā€¦ (and all i did on my last grow with great results! ā€¦ but as ive mentioned this plant is acting VERY different from the others. - Violator Kush - Barneys Farms)

2 Likes

I have really shitty tap water at about 300ppm and a ph of 8. I donā€™t dechlorinate or filter it (out of laziness). I only use about a gallon of bottled water for my super soil (why? I dunno). My plant and veggies donā€™t seem to mind but I load my soil with organic matter, humic acids, various soil amendments, and of course unicorn manure. Gotta have the unicorn manure lol.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a bit of a headscratcher. The dry nutrients that you added to the soil obviously has to be activated by moisture when you water her. Flushing would be the obvious answer to give to you to try and dilute and get rid of as much of it as possible. Itā€™s in a scrog so doing a transplant into a different medium isnā€™t a possibility. You may have to just ride it out and see how she does once you flip to 12/12. Have you tried contacting barneyā€™s farm with the problem to see if they have had any other complaints incase itā€™s a genetic problem???

no i have notā€¦ but might be my next stepā€¦
was hoping i could scrub overgrow for the answer first!

1 Like

I have regular city tap water. I fill my 5 gallon buckets and let it sit outside until the next watering to dechlorinate. I donā€™t ph test my stuff anymore. I believe soil regulates it. I had nothing but problems when I used my RO machine. They seem to have no problems with my crappy tap water though.

btwā€¦ my tap water is very acidic. Comes out of the tap at 5.4 and my plants donā€™t complain. Itā€™s a mystery

2 Likes

IMO genetic probā€¦definitely looks like cal-mag def but given all same on soil/nutes for other plants and no prob then must be genetic.

I had one recently stretched crazy fast and threw bad calcium def that never corrected and finished with bad looking leaves but at 10% amber was way frosty and the stuff is still knocking my socks off! All my other plants no prob just the one and my soil mix/temps etc. the same.

oops didnā€™t realize such an old threadā€¦he he!

2 Likes

I donā€™t see any talk of pH drift. My tap water comes out at ~7 but day 2 is 7.25 and day 3 is 7.35.

I believe this is because the chlorine itself is acidic and as it off gasses the water becomes less acidic.

Do you perhaps test your water before letting it sit?

My tap water is likely very different than yours.