Experiment in seed making

Go man Go we are all pulling for and I am happy to learn as I will be trying it this fall indoors.

1 Like

Little babies getting flipped soon. There is a monster LPC in my tent right now who still has a solid month at least. I may have to get creative.

4 Likes

Something is wrong. They are likely locked out for a reason unknown to me. Today was water day for everyone so they got their tank scrubbed and everything reset. Most have roots in the water at this point, and it was finally sunny today for the first time in a literal week. There are a couple who have very nice root structures and the new growth looks acceptable. Iā€™ll just keep monitoring them.

4 Likes

Looking better today! Sorry for the stripes, these lights do that on phones.

7 Likes

Iā€™m in for the long haul on this one always wanted to try doing it myself

1 Like

Not ideal, but looking much better. Thatā€™s what experiments are for!

7 Likes

Are you going to flower em out small like that if so about how long ya veg em for

1 Like

Well. Thatā€™s a great question. My original plan was to veg them small. 12/12 from seed basically. Put this whole tote in my 3x3 and see where it takes us.

However, there is a monstrous bush in my tent whoā€™s so tall Iā€™ve had to hang the light on the side. Iā€™m real salty about that. Sheā€™s got about 2 more weeks till chop

This is also the first time Iā€™ve used a tote. I wanted to give it a try. I do hydro tomatoes too, and figured if nothing else itā€™s where Iā€™ll propagate tomato suckers. The tote had some struggles early on. The water/ bubble spay was too low, it got too hot, the hydro slimes tried to move in and crud it all up. It was a rough start, they lost a lot of leaves and I need to baby them a bit until Iā€™m satisfied they are ok.

Iā€™ll probably veg them here with the autos until the tents clear in about 2 weeks, then move the whole tote in to flower. I donā€™t need big plants for this project, but I do want to make sure they are healthy and ready to make lots of fat seeds.
Thoughts? My spouse just nods politely when I run plant stuff by him.:joy:

3 Likes

Sound like ya got a pretty good plan to me I have that you canā€™t plan ahead to far because cannabis goes on ots own time frame not what we think it shouldā€‹:rofl::rofl: of there is anything I can do to help ya just hit me up

1 Like

Also, I wanted to ask you @3rdgengrower whatā€™s you method to pop beans? Iā€™m on bean #2 of the cookies F5 you sent me, and itā€™s not going the way Iā€™d like it to. First bean didnā€™t make it, and #2 popped in water, but was not growing any more tail, heā€™s in the root riot now and Iā€™m waiting to see what happens

1 Like

I just put em straight to soil no paper towels or no cup with water for 24 hour the autos seem so finicky with out touching a seed tail if I was you I would put straight into root riot and water really good put in humidity dome till it comes up

1 Like

Will do. Iā€™m going to put another bean down. I am heavily suspecting both these sour diesel Iā€™m veging are male :unamused:

Dang hate to hear that donā€™t worry about killing the autos I bin growing them for around 5 years and I still stunt em and kill em all the time I got lots of those f5 beans so if ya end up needing some more no big deal better to kill free ones than ones ya paid for

1 Like

I think I. Going to make a cloner do you run airstones or a pump that pumps the water to sprayer heads not sure which way I want to go I did a couple dwc grows few years back did pretty well on em and now I seem to be getting into photoflower seeds more and I know if Iā€™m going to keep up with the smoke we go through around here I will need a cloner we smoke a lot thatā€™s why I always like the autoflower just have to grow a few extra because of the size but so much faster they are a little harder to get med grade bud out of too its gotten a lot better in past couple years tho sorry for the ramble

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been feeling exactly the same. I bet this little bin I made turns into a cloner after these guys clear out.

Autos are fast, and I can get 2 outdoor harvests, and they dgaf about being in the flower room, so they will probably always be coming in and out. But Iā€™d be lying if I told you vegging clones while the mother flowers doesnā€™t sound like a nice plan for a nice harvest.

Iā€™ve got some Bodhi crosses from one of yā€™all Virginianā€™s that I keep coming back to look at. Seems like a real legit strain. And this bush LPC smells absolutely delicious. I planted 5 and only got 1 girl! Shoulda cloned her.

1 Like

I run air stones. I tried wicks this time and Iā€™m not sold. I did fuck up with the depth of this container. Next time I use it Iā€™m going to put a more shallow bin elevated inside for the nutrient solution so the water is right at the net cups. I know a lot of people like to run 20 gal Rez, but I got weak little bird arms and canā€™t carry that.

Iā€™m too lazy to run sprayers or drip.

2 Likes

Nice grow.

Yā€™all listen. I killed those plants. I learned a ton, made 74 different mistakes and had some life get in my way, and am now like a dozen dead plants closer to being an amazing gardener.

I was able to save some pollen. Which is another experiment of experimenting. Iā€™m going to figure out how to process and store it for some yet unknown lady. Iā€™ve got some clones of the project plants, so Iā€™m going to try vegging it out and see what I think.

3 Likes

Donā€™t let it discourage ya we all kill em even if someone says they donā€™t they are lies lol canā€™t wait to see what ya come up with

1 Like