Experimentation/ technique talk share your fails and successful grows

There is almost limitless ways of doing one thing plz share some of your techniques or experiences with trying new things or off the wall techniques such as someone feeding there plants creatine an it promoting vigorous growth or using lime to stop root rot etc… What have you done or tried??

1 Like

My most successful technique has been to plant the seeds, pay attention and pray a lot, lol. But seriously, I did find a technique in cloning that helped me a lot back when I used to do that sort of thing. After cutting my clones and gently scraping the stem I would place them,for 12 hours,up right into a glass cup containing a 50/50% solution of willow water and sparkling mineral water. Willow water is made by taking any new growth willow tree branches and inch in diameter or less and cutting them up in small pieces. Place the pieces in a large glass jar and fill the jar with water. After 24 hours, pour the jar out,straining out the pieces of branches, and the result will be your willow water. It is sort of like a homemade rooting hormone and it worked extremely well for me. (however I also still used Clonex rooting solution on the stems before inserting them into the jiffy pellets.)Using the sparkling mineral water was something that I heard on Danny Dankos podcast Free Weed.I don’t know if this helps,but I am glad to have the chance to contribute, thank you.

2 Likes

Update: Sorry EI951,but it seems like I have placed an irrelevant post. In OG’s FAQ section, under cloning, there is a recipe for Willow Water. The recipe is by people that are way way smarter than me,lol.And by investigation of this,I have learned something new also: these experts suggested heating the brew.

1 Like