Explorers first ever grow Journal šŸ¤¤

Topping and trimming of the bag seeds went well. Theyā€™re recovering nicely now just started to grow the new tops out.

For anybody wondering these ā€œbag seedsā€ came from some weed I had given to me to try from a friend which was blue dream and the other seed in there came from what we here call yardie weed which is compressed block weed, cheap weed but I actually quite like block weed so whatever strain it is would be nice without compressing it IF it/they turn female. Thatā€™s the hope anyway.

And here are the Goji OG cuts that @anon58740919 hooked up for a mane, going good now theyā€™ve got proper light and some humidity in there, will give another close up of the cuts in about a weeks time to see how theyā€™ve progressed as they will be getting some A+B on the next watering session they get so should see some gainz :muscle:t2:

10 Likes

No danger brother Iā€™m sure youā€™ll enjoy the smoke come the time. If you got transport hit up Platt fields (Manchester) for the day late 4/20 celebrations. We will have a smoke and there will be some Badlands cookies too :wink:

5 Likes

I love tapas :heart_eyes: I even eat the pickled octopus :yum: them mini black pudding sausage things made with rice are stunning :v:

6 Likes

Well now youā€™ve said cookies Iā€™m pretty jelly :joy: happy 4/20 though bro :+1:

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve started to give her the greenplanet bud booster nutrient along with A+B, boost accelerator, big bud and Iā€™ve stopped the PK 13/14 as Iā€™m using the greenplanet nutrients line but I will be running bud booster until Monday coming and then Iā€™ll be cutting all PK boosters. Sheā€™s been getting them for the last 2 weeks so will be a 3rd on this other stuff Iā€™m trying then just the A/B and boost :+1:

Anyway took a few of the auto to give a good representation of her all round.

Two of the heads have began to Amber up to my surprise as well, still have a few more weeks left on this beauty so we will see what she does in next couple weeks.

My bagseeds and cheese autos are now flying along, for some reason with the Goji cuts one is looking really healthy after I gave them a feed of 1mlpl A and B itā€™s not as light looking at it was and the other one still looks like itā€™s going through some shit but im sure sheā€™ll make it through fine.

14 Likes

nice grow that trunk of a stem is ridiculous i love it

7 Likes

Haha it is a mahoosive beast but thatā€™s just from LSTing, fatter than my thumb bro so fatter than a clipper lighter :+1::rofl:

6 Likes

So hereā€™s a weekly update on the bagseeds and other bits. For some reason one plant is absolutely flying up and the other is growing short and bushy.

These are the Goji OG cuts that Iā€™ve had little over a week now, showing good growth on them now so think theyā€™re settled in ok :ok_hand:

And here are the cheese autos :+1:

12 Likes

So hereā€™s the pure power plant automatic from Sensi Seeds, sheā€™s starting to come out really nice to be honest sheā€™s fattening up, isnā€™t stretching anymore so those arms are just getting juicier week by week and sheā€™s got 3 weeks left to go!

Has to be said that in the beginning of this auto grow I wasnā€™t overly happy with how the plant looked considering it was advertised as 8-9week start to finish but then when I spoke to some cool dudes here at OG I was informed about them having veg time which can take upto 4 weeks before any flowers begin to show. This has eased my mind a lot and I now feel with taking the veg time into account it is where it should be. So Iā€™m starting to get giddy to see her at harvest time :heart_eyes::+1:

11 Likes

Another update on ze tent. Top left sensi seeds pure power plant, top right bagseeds and bottom right are the Goji OG babies. Them bagseeds are fucking with my shit so Iā€™ve put those in the corner, naughty bagseeds! The Gojis are behaving theyā€™re throwing buds out already to my surprise so whoop whoop and the sensi PPP is going really nice her hairs are beginning to slowly turn orange/Amber her leaves are getting frosty and sheā€™s still just packing on weight.

If anyone is thinking of growing pure power plant from sensi seeds I would suggest it, it has such a nice aroma I canā€™t quite put my finger on it but it smells quite fruity and sweet :drooling_face:

The auto cheese plants are still in there but I transplanted one of them to a Hempy bucket and the other is still sat in a solo cup just working out whether Iā€™m putting the one still in the cup somewhere outdoors or whether itā€™s staying in the tent and if so where itā€™s going exactly etc etc personal problems :rofl:

12 Likes

They have to have the right room mate. Did you know Cannabis plants produce a pheromone to deter other plants growing near it and stealing its light. I am not sure how effective it is though lol.

That thing has some crazy amount of pistils. Do you water from the bottom? Its they way I prefer to water, I think you get better control and a more even spread through the pot. I used to do it until I got 10 gal pots, I cant find anything 18X18 inches to sit the pots in atm. Your temps and humidity are just where I like mine in flower. Makes them a little more thirsty.

Once upon a time, my tent used to look all clean and shiny like that, lol. Now its missing shiny bits here and there and full of pin holes around the seams. The delinquents donā€™t seem to care, when they are in veg, with light leaks, so much as they do in flower.

6 Likes

I did not know that but it is strange that if you ram a room full of plants and they have very little space between they donā€™t produce overly much even though they can be getting the right light etc

But it is a hairy fucker :rofl: I do water from the bottom but not from the beginning I always water to the point of mass run off so there is always excess left in the bottom of the tray whether I empty it or not but what gave me the idea on purely bottom feeding was my pal has a bad back so bending down to water all the time wasnā€™t viable so he got an easyfeed setup which is a bottom watering/feeding system and they work super well so since then Iā€™m a bottom feeder.

PLUS this is my first time with such a small pot itā€™s only 12L so like 2-3 gals depending where youā€™re from so I didnā€™t want my roots getting bound up in that small space so bottom feeding also promotes the roots just going down to drink as u prolly know

On the 18x18 legit just google the dimensions you need in MM with ā€œplastic containerā€ after it or get busy and goto your local stores to see what Tupperware they have there and my tent is only a cheap one bro got it for like Ā£40, itā€™s only 80x80cm I do have the 1.5x1.5 but the space Iā€™m working with suits a 80x120 tent so when Iā€™ve got the spare spondoolix Iā€™ll be buying the 80x120 but itā€™s mad how a 80 is Ā£40 but a 80x120 runs over double the cost but they donā€™t make 80x120s in China so, what can y do eh :rofl: rant over.

7 Likes

So like I said I transplanted one of the auto cheese plants into a Hempy. I went with all perlite apart from the ā€œplugā€ as I call it from when it was in coco in the solo cup, was few days ago now but actually seems to have recovered from the transplant shock fairly quickly.

Had her in those pebbles bottom feeding so ended up getting a few roots dangling but i had to see what transplant shock comes from repotting autos.

IMO the transplant had it stunted for about 3 days so now I feel like all this ā€œyou shouldnā€™t transplant autos because of shockā€ it doesnā€™t seem all that bad to me. I didnā€™t handle it perfectly as you can see and I did that on purpose to see how bad it would actually be affected BUT that is the only transplant Iā€™ve ever done with an auto so maybe I got lucky I donā€™t know but doesnā€™t seem to have stopped it if anything itā€™s stretched more than the one Iā€™ve left alone in it cup :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

So today I decided I needed to repot the goji cuts, theyā€™re growing but not stretching out too much so I figured cups had roots out the bottom without me bottom feeding them so theyā€™re crying for more room.

Had some nice roots built up to be honest. these are now getting fed 1ml of boost accelator, 1ml bigbud with 1.5ml A and B per litre. Theyā€™re now happy sharing a 12L plastic pot together :ok_hand:

And I decided that the naughty bagseed that we shall call bag1 from now on needed a little calm down on that upward stretch so just a bit of pinching, looks worse than it is donā€™t worry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

For those who look at this who are new to growing pinching is where you rub the stem between your finger and thumb gently to indent the stem and while rubbing it you slowly bend it, this will kind of trick the plant into saying ā€œholy shit our arms just got broke I better produce more energy because I need to grow!ā€ And it allows your canopy to level out more. Another thing it does is build stronger branching to support the buds when theyā€™ve formed. BUT when you go in the tent tomorrow and theyā€™re stood to attention again you just knock them back down or tie them choice is yours :+1:

11 Likes

Timmmbeerrrrr lol. The second thing I do every morning, in the flower room while they are stretching, re bend branches and stalks.

7 Likes

Lol this plant is showing some serious aggression for growth I checked on it before lights out and the heads on the bent branches have gone to a straight 90 degrees upwards. The branch is still down but the head has recovered, never seen anything grow like it but then again never grown bagseed :rofl:

4 Likes

Straight 180, canopy has already caught up branch is like fuck you. Iā€™m not bothered my arms had a little fracture so what Iā€™m still growing. Cashmeoutside :rofl:

10 Likes

So the PPP is in flush now, giving just plain water now no extras and Iā€™ve also tried something new with it so I did some stem splitting with the drill. Will see if it does benefit the plant cos itā€™s done now :rofl:

Had her flowers under the scope and sheā€™s ready for plucking so think Iā€™m gunna run it til the 15th then harvest just to allow the extra week to let the split do itā€™s thang.

13 Likes

And the UK Cheese autos difference between solo cup and Hempy bucket is looking a lot clearer on which way is better.

So even with a transplant that badboy is growing pretty well if I do say so myself. They are being fed canna line just like the others were upto 2ml of A+B, 2ml boost 2ml bigbud no PK Boosters yet.

13 Likes

Yep 100% bigger by the look of them.

7 Likes