Fall 2021 Solo Cup Grow Off

I am in a bind now. I dropped four hopping a female.

Sex test results:

8 out of the 10 seedlings came back female.
I figured 5 or less. I have to get rid of males but, the only 2 males are part of a seed run.

20 Likes

more plants more fun ? or cull the small weaklings first

1 Like

Bathroom life ainā€™t so bad for this little lady.

17 Likes

My first trifoliate

14 Likes

This mornings photo shoot.
Sheā€™s looking really happy right now.

15 Likes

You need to trim those roots. Per the rules, roots must remain inside the cup.

9 Likes

Then you could just use the solo cup as a small net pot and make the roots as big as you wanted if they werent kept inside the one cup.

4 Likes

Is it ok for me to start jlof3 in pod first? My solo cupā€™s arenā€™t here yet.

8 Likes

This could be your tester cup for the sans rootball test and just start up a second one anyways,
Best of both worlds!

3 Likes

Itā€™s been a week already? I thought my grass was looking a bit longā€¦

9 Likes

Here mine on day 6 couple more days before i start thinking about the auto waterers

18 Likes

Iā€™m loving the setup, looks like something out of startrek. What size of pump is inside them little totes?

2 Likes

little 240lph 12v pumps

2 Likes

nice plant. maybe flip early, nice single cola?

expecting strong results :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@noknees thanks. Iā€™ve got a busy couple weeks in run up to 1st Sept.
Moving my seedlings into veg after my current crop is done drying in the tent.
Then my seedlings cupboard will become a flowering space for some malesā€¦so Iā€™ll likely be having to flower this in there too, and ending up with a solo cup plant full of seeds lol.
But ot much else I can do with the time/space I have.

3 Likes

Day number 21 and they are starting to show sex. 3 of them look like they are preflowering pistils, and I think the other 3 are as well but will be more sure in a few days.

Iā€™m upping their watering now and feeding steady nutes with week 2 formula starting tomorrow. Right now they are still in my propogation tent which is rather bright but is only 3000K which I hope doesnā€™t stunt them from growing larger, in under 1 weeks time they will be moved to my 2x4 under a SF2000 which has a full range + IR & 730nm and then the auto-watering system will come into play shortly after but I need the timer with seconds intervals to arrive before it can be used :laughing:

Lots of nodes are showing up with hopes for branching. Iā€™m going to LST these with clips and wire and no topping because Autos.

The Double Grape isnā€™t as as firm in the soil as the other ladies so I gave it a little help by way of a bamboo BBQ skewer; placed after I took these photos.

19 Likes

Bit late to the party, but I dropped some Cinderevils into solos today :grinning:

8 Likes

I think this is ok no? Your reservoir is a 500ml cup? Maybe I misunderstood something.

3 Likes

the cup with the pebbles that the plant is in is the 500ml vessel, if he lets the roots grow into the reservoir cup that would be more than 500ml

5 Likes

Hey bruv, it was mentioned in the first post on this thread that:

Thereā€™s even me joking about using scissors or an art knife to trim the roots that poke out of my speedholes IF they didnā€™t air trim themselves. (25d mark)

Iā€™m still cheering you on!

7 Likes