London pound cake og challenge

OK, Guys and Gals of OG.
I was chatting with everyone’s favorite hillbilly, @MoBilly, We want to do a “Overgrow Challenge” using the world famous London Pound Cake.
The Challenge is just for fun and braggin’ rights. We also thought it would be very cool if we invited the rest of OG. So, y’all’s invited!!!

Ok ladies and gents. This will be the official rules of this Challenge.

Rules:

INDOOR CHALLENGE

Everyone is welcome to participate as long as you have LPC beans to run. Crosses are welcome.
We will all start out germination process on April 8.
We will have 6 weeks to produce a vegged out plant.
We all flip to flower on the same day. 6 weeks from seed, May 20.
Judging for Indoor Plants will be conducted by JohnnyPotseed on July 15th. Be sure and have your final pics submitted by then.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE DATES.

OUTDOOR CHALLENGE

As a side contest, Outdoor Growers are encouraged to participate. Start date will remain the same and you can place her outside at an appropriate time. Also, you will not have the same judging time as the indoor gardeners.
Outdoor Plants will be judged by @Oldjoints on his personal stats.

Since Mother Nature has no set rules we are not going to either. Instead you will be scored by your knowledge, methods and results.

High scores will be given to members that do the following:

Plant directly in the ground.
Use methods to combat the elements of nature, such as wind, rain, and draught.
Use methods to combat pests.
Have results that lead to a large yield.
Consistently update your grow in the thread.

Of course there are many nuances in the above guidelines that you will be scored on, too many to list.
We want all members to be able to use the methods they think will get them the best results.

The biggest rule is to have fun!

Germination of your seeds can start as soon as this is posted!

@Maddawg and @Oldjoints have decided to make it a Challenge with a prize.
So, for the winners of both the Indoor and Outdoor Challenges, there will be a prize of a bong from Maddawg (outdoor winner) and a bong from Oldjoints (indoor winner) plus Oldjoints will throw in a hundred Sheelavathi seeds to each winner. How cool is that?

If you have received beans from one of our members, please remember to give a shout of thanks.

We should all post weekly pix to show our progress.

And one final rule. No one uses Bud Buster Pro. Not everyone can afford to use it and would be unfair to allow BBP when not everyone is able. So, just standard growing.

Easy as falling out of bed.

So, if you are interested in this Spring Challenge (popping beans in April) and you have or cand get some LPC beans, don’t be shy.
I have 5 seeds that I’m willing to share a couple if there is interest and a promise to pop them.

Any takers??

Who is going to be in in this challenge?
Please sign up below:

INDOOR

1. @THCeed

2. @MoBilly

3. @Piter

4. @BigMike55

5. @Oldjoints

6. @MonasticDank

7. @Greenfingers

8. @killabud

9. @Maddawg

10. @Slick1

11. @Granola

12. @Jinglepot

13. @AzSeaindooin420

14. @joheimgrohen

15. @AppalachianBiscuits

16. @Shevchenko

17. @OhNo555
    OUTDOOR

18. @THCeed

19. @SleepySails

20. @Maddawg

21. @Kasper0909

22. @Jinglepot

23. @PioneerValleyOG

24. @GREANDAL

Add more numbers as needed.
Good luck and let’s have some fun

EDIT 5-8-23
We will now be running at each individual own speed. You are no longer required to flip on May 20. Flip when you feel right to flip. Still take the weekly pics and be sure to get the final pic right before chop. That way the judge can have both plants and buds to look at.

61 Likes

I’m here bro!
What a time to be out of likes. lol
:heart:

18 Likes

This sounds super cool! I’m gonna have Arcata Trainwreck and Oaxacan Gold going in that timeframe, so there’s no way, but I will watch and offer encouragement.

12 Likes

I’d be intrested sounds like fun!

8 Likes

I’d love to join in, if you’re willing to give a new guy a chance!! lemon pound cake og sounds fucking awesome!

6 Likes

Thanks @HeadyBearAdventures ! Glad to have your presence and input. If you want to root for the underdog… it’s me. :slight_smile:
:rofl:

7 Likes

Say no more, I’ll be the hype man!

4 Likes

reallyt fun, i really- really wish i could get in on this but things are pretty tight right now in the grow rooms and ill be flipping sum on around april, ill be watching, great job guys @BigMike55 and @MoBilly ,
ill grow the pound at a later date though

2 Likes

Very cool thread !

1 Like

I’ve been looking forward to this for some time. Glad it’s off the ground.
:+1:

3 Likes

That’s LONDON Pound Cake. Not lemon.
I don’t know, man. Lemme think on that one. I only have five myself. If sent some to you, and you didn’t do what you said, I might have to hunt you down. Hehe. Kidding aside, let me think.

5 Likes

London Poundcake is an indica dominant hybrid strain created through crossing the delicious Sunset Sherbet with another indica-heavy hybrid strain. Named for its insanely delicious flavor, London Poundcake packs a sweet berry and grape flavor accented by nutty lemon and citrus. The aroma is earthy and woody, with hints of nutty lemon and fruity berries throughout. The London Poundcake high is just as delightful as the flavor, with calming and centered effects that are both relaxing and lifting in nature. You’ll feel a light lift at the onset of the high that fills you with a calming sense of centered focus, gently easing away negative or racing thoughts immediately. As your mind settles, a relaxing body high will sneak up on you, lulling you into a slightly couch-locked state that doesn’t cause too much sedation or sleepiness at all. Thanks to these effects and its insanely high 26-29% average THC level, London Poundcake is said to be perfect for the experienced patient suffering from conditions such as mood swings, chronic stress, depression, ADD or ADHD and chronic fatigue. This bud has dense spade-shaped olive green nugs with lots of thin orange hairs and a coating of tiny frosty amber crystal trichomes.

37 Likes

lol,OH…i got lemon pound cake on the mind :rofl:! if it’s your only 5 than i completely understand, I’ll definitely still be following along though!

2 Likes

I need to tag @Oldjoints I’m pretty sure he was interested.

I’m in, I think I have some LPC but I will have to check……

2 Likes

@MonasticDank @Kasper0909 @Maddawg @Oldjoints
Mike got the thread lined out. Welcome!

2 Likes

@Oldjoints ,
I’m going to run one of the LPC x Bubble Gum you gave me as well. :+1:t5:

2 Likes

I have LPC 75.3 by none other than maddawg.
And the Bubblegum x LPC seeds that I made……

4 Likes

Looks like fun! Gonna watch this one intently

1 Like

Is “bud buster pro” really so effective that it’s being excluded? damn!

4 Likes