Fall 2021 Solo Cup Grow Off

Bad news, it’s a male🤬 confirmed yesterday. I’m out. I will definitely try again next time. Hopefully with more entries. Will keep an eye on this one to see how the others do. If there is a vote to determine the winner, I can still do that. Good luck to all

14 Likes

It’s soooo pretty though! :hugs:

Edit: An now you have a pollen run!.. DIBS! :laughing:

4 Likes

Flower him out if that wont ruin your whole operatuion!!! Did they say only females? Youll be the only male surrounded by dozens of beautiful ladies! Haha!

7 Likes

I like the way you think way to make it a positive :facepunch:

3 Likes

Time for my update. Its been about a week. Looking at your guys pics is very impressive. You guys are killing it.

15 Likes

Not much to report on, it looks to have not started flowering much as I think I defoliated and bent it too close to the switch to flower. I should had tried earlier to lst it. It’s always a learning experience lol.

13 Likes

A bit late on the update, and a bit wind whipped, but we’re here still. 3/4 females!

12 Likes

First pic has started to button up

14 Likes

Solo cups just doing their thing with daily doses of Jacks 321. I’m still spraying the yellow cup. She is resisting my attempts to reverse her, I started a little later than I normally would.

15 Likes

With each new week comes a new update, and this week will be no exception.

Theso two ladies are certainly flowering, though one plant has decided to grow triple the height of the other.

Looking an the foliage it looks like the plants are getting hungry. I have been giving the plants a pinch of kelp meal and a pinch of 4-4-4 organic fertilizer with no specific frequency. It appears as though the plants require more than a pinch, or perhaps more frequently. It may also be that my feeding strategy is a poor one destined for failure, and I’m just polishing the brass on the Titanic. We shall see.

16 Likes

Here’s my update… She’s sitting in my closet with a few friends

I think this is day 31 from sprout

17 Likes

I love that

No update fro me this week, I’m away from the grow and on combine duty for a few days. It’s supposed to rain sometime soon so I’ll try to get my update in later

5 Likes

You’d look depressed too if this was your life.

19 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Man, that’s mean! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :neutral_face: :thinking: :flushed:

1 Like

Mine as of this morning, though likely two will be removed eventually, one cause its a bit to scraggly for my goals, and the second one cause well its producing pollen “intentionally”

23 Likes

Preview. We’ve got color. Ill get the rest at lights on.

16 Likes

19 Likes

UPDATE! Day 50 since beans hit the water:

Things are rocking. Really please with all these genetics but some clearly are winning me over than others. I forgot to mention that I’ve started adding Yucca to my nute solution as I liked to

For example, ManBearAlienPig was my fav going in by name only, but it’s the tallest with the nodes most spread apart. Where the Double Grape & Dosi Kush are FREAKING GREEN COBS OF CORN ON A STICK!

I’ve also tagged all the kid and wonderful folks that gifted me these beans so that this is all possible. (Y’all are getting seebs from this humble grower once I get to crossing all these autos!!!)

Pictures say more than words so here y’all go.

Group Shot:

Dosi Kush: (@TestOfOath )

Double Grape: (@Senor_frijoles )

Forum Stomper (@Sebring )

Gorilla Glue No. 4: (@CADMAN )

White Crack: (@Senor_frijoles )

Man Bear Alien Pig: (@Senor_frijoles )

Double Grape “Frost Pr0n” (@Senor_frijoles )

36 Likes

Awesome job @Pigeonman

2 Likes