Fans and co2 levels

How do fans effect co2 levels in a small grow? I know once I started mine my plants went through the roof on growth.

1 Like

Exhaust fans? Or circulation fans within the grow?

2 Likes

Circulation fans brother

Co2 is heavy and sinks.

I just make sure to have plenty of circulation at the floor level as well as upper.

Doh. Experienced. Once I forgot to turn my veg room fan back on and almost killed a bunch of clones sitting on the floor. Went sickly limp with yellowing.

2 Likes

I agree. I have a box fan on the floor blowing up

I use co2 also and blow a fan from top down btwoards thevplants but only while lights are on photosynthesis only happens during daylight

Pgot mail today btw

Peaceout and stay safe

1 Like

Anyone know when it’s time to put a co2 tank in the grow room and turn it on? And how much? I know I would be sleeping if it were too much.I know co2 is critical for a good healthy grow. But when is it time to supplement?

I believe there is enough co2 in the atmosphere for your plants until you reach a light level higher than the sun.(2000ppfd i recall)

Could it still be beneficial at lower light IDK, but it wont hurt your plant without added co2 until you have high light levels.

1 Like

At what light levels are we talking? 400 watts of hps?

I learn something every time I read this.

3 Likes

I read it. I think it’s necessary for all indoor growers to use co2 for increased production and potency. The numbers are on that link. Dont really matter about light. Without co2 your yields will be much lower. I’m going to get a bottle and turn it on very low in front of the fan. This is not very scientific but it will work.

1 Like

I will also add a fan blowing opposite into the other for max dilution of co2

1 Like

Here are a few more documents related to light. co2, and photsynthesis.

Light dependence of photosynthesis and water vapor on Cannabis.pdf (862.8 KB)

Temperature response of photosynthesis in different varieties of Cannabis.pdf (1.4 MB)

Photosynthetic response of Cannabis to Elevated Levels of CO2.pdf (264.7 KB)

Photosynthetic Response Of Cannabis Sativa L. To Various Photon Flux Densities, Temp Co2 Conditions.pdf (613.0 KB)

2 Likes