Newb question. Where do you aim your circulating fans?

I try aiming them to the wall to bounce it but then the plants don’t move around. Aiming at them they move around too much and get wind burn and rip leaves.

I’m using a box fan. Maybe a circulating that turns is the secret?

Tl;Dr how do I build strength and dry out transpiration without causing wind stress?

4 Likes

On top of the canopy

On the bottom of the canopy

If they move some, not a problem in my experience

$0.02 CAD

6 Likes

Right now I have it aiming between the light and plant tops but I see them getting moved too much still.

Where did you find that netting material?

I’ve been looking for something like that. How does it stand up to UV from your lights?

I see the polyester ones but they shed. Don’t want that on buds.

2 Likes

So far so good, still strong and pliable after one round (10 weeks) of 1K HPS/MH

This is the stuff:

I got it at my local hydro store I think it was 11 bucks. I’m sure amazon has it too.

Not the best, I would prefer tighter cell spacing, but does the job so far!

I think this one is LDPE

2 Likes

Other side actually says it is UV stabilized:

3 Likes

Yeah the mesh size is a bit larger than I like. My max is like 5x5. I’ll try and look around more. I was gonna make something like this with fishing line, for a secondary net but this would be easier and save time.

2 Likes

Don’t use fishing line as it can/does cut into the plant :wink: Many pick up 1-2 cheap 1x2’s for ~2.00 each for a frame and either drill holes for the spacing or screw in small hooks (I like the hooks)… for the net you can use hemp wick, jute or even yarn - really anything that won’t cut into the plant and doesn’t give a lot of stretch and you can cut it to release the plants which is ideal if you don’t cut down in the tent. Iirc, I made 2 scrog nets for my 2x3’s for ~$10.00 after seeing the net at my local hydro store was $20.00…just an idea :wink:

4 Likes

I think your fan may be a tad to much downsize to a clip or 12" oscillating aimed at the floor maybe I believe that a slight tickling of the leaves might be ideal.

5 Likes

Yes.
Perpetual, gentle wafting is key.

2 Likes

Back struggling to find that balance. I got some dense growth and dont want to create any dead air pockets. Feel like im trying to pick up a TV channel moving the fans in all kinds of directions.

How are those rotating hurricane fans?

I prefer to stay away from cannabis brand products and have heard mixed reviews on their longevity

Is that a tent? What size? A in line 6" fan for$50 and do a chimney effect pulling air (if it is a tent) from above or exhaust on top intake on bottom, so the air pulls through your canopy. This will help air flow around / through the leaves, the stomata is on the bottom of the leaf so this is where your transpiration is happening. Hope that made sense? I use floor fans zip tied to bar also in 5x10 tent facing opposite directions to create a circular air pattern

1 Like

I use a small Vortex fan pointed straight up on floor of tent. There is a 6 inch fan on roof connected to small carbon filter beneath a vent to hvac.

The grow closet has 300w LED with interior fans. I add small desktop fans to distribute pollen or strengthen stems of plants under T5HO light(s). The desktop fan is aimed to bounce off the wall and avoid windburn

The patio has a ceiling fan and I place pots near skylight and areas receiving ventilation from the ceiling fan.

1 Like

Im in a room

Right now I have 2 circulating fans sitting on my basement half wall pointing kind of up cause straight in they give wind burn