Fantasy Island Biggest Loser Contest round #3 (Fantasy Island Family members only please)

You need to take care of you 1st @shag.
Hope everything works out and all will be good!!!

3 Likes

Only a loser would put themselves before a man and his family.

But thats not usā€¦weā€™re good losers. Take care bud. This place will still be here when youā€™re ready.

6 Likes

Take your time man! Real priorities are more important than fun and games!

3 Likes

Thanks for all love folksā€¦ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Outta likes, but I got plenty of the love for ya, brother! :heart: :+1:

1 Like

Hope you get things sorted bud. You do so much on here I believe everyone will agree that take the time you need to handle what you need. We will be here when you get back! lol
@Kgrim asking you or anyone who might be able to help. So the other day pulling out of parking lot hit a bump and my girl said it felt like tire was falling off. Got home 2 of 3 wheel hub bolts had vibrated free I guess? Anyways I tightened back up but was wondering can I use locktight on my wheel hub bolts?

1 Like

Itā€™s not really ā€œsuggestedā€ but, if you do, you want to use Medium, Blue color. Using high strength red, youā€™ll need an acetylene torch to get them loose, may even Need to add heat to get Medium to come loose.
Also, need to check torque specs, and tighten with a torque wrench. Most vehicles require 125Ft #ā€™s.

3 Likes

You will probably need an alignment after something like that as well. Just a good bump into the parking bump will knock off alignment.

1 Like

You beat me to my edit, LOL

1 Like

Didnā€™t think to check torque #. One of the bolts I canā€™t get to with torque wrench great design. I didnā€™t think it would be a good idea but I noticed some red in the threads tips of the bolts thatā€™s what sparked this idea. Thanks glad to be out the heat.lol 100Ā°+ before 10am.
Yep balance and alig is already in the works and the threads were in great condition minis the weird red in the threading of the tips.
,:+1:

1 Like

Good suggestion. Or even the green(sleeve retainer) will help. But yes, donā€™t use red, lol.
We use antisieze around here! But I work on alot of semiā€™s. :wink:

4 Likes

And I would check to make sure the stud threads arenā€™t stripped.

3 Likes

That too!^

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget to inspect the studs.
I see now that was mentionedā€¦LOL
Chances are some of the threads are trashed and it may come off again.
When I tighten mine, I use a 4 way and crank em down hard, maybe even use the foot to step on the 4 way if you are really worried about it coming off again.
I would get all new nuts too if possible.
They are probably jacked even if you canā€™t tell.

Make sure to tighten the lugs by hand first wiggling the wheel at the same time to get it to sit flush before tightening with a wrench, then a tiny turn on one lug then a tiny turn on the lug directly across from the first and repeat that 3-5 times until they dont turn anymore.

I too would not suggest using any locktite and definitely not the red stuff, it may never come off again.

7 Likes

New studs and nuts, I used locktite on some main bearing cap bolts once and cracked a socket trying to undo them!

4 Likes

I agree with not using locktight, my question would be why did they lug nuts come loose? Was there work done on the car and they failed to tighten the bolts? Was there a change in rims? There has to be a reason they came loose @420noob

1 Like

Not the lug nuts the wheel hub bolts. The wheel hub assembly has the posts for the rim to mount. It was replaced 6-8 months ago so should have noticed a slow wobble as got looser.

2 Likes

The studs might not have been seated properly in the new hub.

First off, what kind of vehicle is this?
Second, do you mean the wheel lug nuts came loose? Or do you mean the actual wheel hub bearing assembly.

This comment makes me think you are talking about the wheel bearing hub assembly.
If you were talking about the wheel coming off you shouldnā€™t have a problem torquing them.

1 Like

The wheel hub assembly the three bolts that holds the bearing assembly/wheel hub in place, not the studs, where the CV joint boot slides through and have to take the huge almost 2" nut off. The part that has the actual posts for the tire to mount. The CV boot crimps up in the way with wheel turned and canā€™t get to with wheel straight. If I had a lift or a pit Iā€™d be able to use torque wrench.

1 Like