👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

Apply diatomaceous earth: @Pigeonman

4 Likes

@CADMAN the soil surface or “Scarface” the plants?

I got 2 weeks left in this seed run so i’m not stressed. But need to nip this shit in the but before the next run in this 2x2. I’ll already have a battle coming up as some outdoor tropical plants over-winter in this room but that’s usually a scale or mealybugs.

2 Likes

Powder the soil & plants… Don’t smoke the plants afterwards. Also @Pigeonman

Can try

And or Soap & Water spray.

5 Likes

I feel ya on the thrips. I deal with them every now and again. I’m pretty sure @JoeCrowe has gotten rid of them with BTK.

fuck-a-thrips

7 Likes

Last colony I actually had to drown them because the BTK wouldn’t wipe them out. So, I’m definitely not making any guarantees with that one!

4 Likes

Have you tried MTA that @johnnypotseed posted? That knocked out my spider mites like now!

5 Likes

I just recently used a strong solution of EM5 on an early infestation. I’ll do it 2 more times in the next 2 weeks, but it should be effective at mitigating thrip population. @ReikoX would you agree?

3 Likes

It should knock themmdown enough to get a harvest. Thrips are tricky because they live both on the plant and in the soil/medium. I’ve never seen thrips completely kill a plant though.

7 Likes

As they can live in the soil, I have found that beneficial nematodes are very helpful in thrip eradication. Steinernemia Feltiae. When I was plagued, I sprayed them on both foliage and watered into the soil. In combination with a take-down spray, they have always worked really well for me.

3 Likes

I read that em5 can be used as a soil drench… which I did.
Do you think this might address the soil borne organisms?

2 Likes

Thanks folks! Right now i only have access to Safers end all which i soak the plants then let them dry, soak again, let dry, then hose down with tap water and then let dry before putting back in tent.

I spray down the tent with vinegar/water and then paper towel it up.

3 Likes

Perhaps, I have never tried using EM5 as a solution, only as a preventative. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Is this what y’all are talking aboot?

:thinking:

5 Likes

Yes, that’s what we are talking about. I’ll be honest, if I find thrips and am still in veg, I’ll use Spinosad. But you won’t find that up in CA, and it’s allegedly pretty nasty when combusted.

4 Likes

yeah you need a licence for that up here. This is why I always soak down with Safers End All.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That will work, you just have to repeat every few days to break the life cycle.

5 Likes

Yup. Bought it from BAS, but I’ll be making my own in the future. 16 oz of EM1 is only 30 bucks and makes 2 gallons of em5 vs. 25 USD for a quart of premade EM5

2 Likes

I’ll report back with my own success or failure

I think that’s where i’m fucking up. I need to do this 3x, 3- days apart and this should work.

I’ve been spraying down the veg tent as well today as I saw a few marks on leaves similar to upstairs so that tent aint open anytime the other 2 are until those runs are DONE.

As silly as it may sound I’m gonna seal-off the tops of the soil and submerge the whole plants upside down in water before I move them into flower. And even then not with anything currently IN flower.

:man_facepalming:

Meh. Thrips piss me off but like it was typed: the plants won’t die, just get pissed off like me.

7 Likes

After an hour of being exposed to end all the thrips are dead meat. After a few sprays over 2 weeks, they should be fuuuuuuuucked.

5 Likes