πŸ‘¨πŸ½β€πŸŒΎ Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

Noiiiiiiice!

3 Likes

lol! That Chris farley clip was too funny! Live fast, die young, and leave a bloated corpse! - homer

1 Like

Does this work? Never seen this stone before.

This is gonna be good to see for sure.

It’s β€œOLD SCHOOL tECH”, like East India Company old tech lol.

Traditionally used for tobacco storage. I have one somewhere in the house that’s used for brown sugar. You toss it in dry and it absorbs some of the brown sugars moisture and then maintains it from drying out.

With the hydrostone in the jar filled with JG1974 it dropped to 55%RH so this is absolutely why it didn’t press well at all!.

Hoping to see it lift over the next few days… I’m assuming it’ll take a few days to re-hydrate up to 62%.

2 Likes

@CADMAN I just checked the jar and it’s gone up to 58% so I’d say they work fine :rofl: :+1:

got mine at canvape

1 Like

How much of a difference will heating mats make for seedlings? Is it one of those should have things if want good fast vigorous growth?

1 Like

For me, In San Francisco with my spot pretty much always 52-64Β°F, I need one to get roots in 6-9 days… otherwise it can take 14-19 days if I don’t use heat. If your spot is below ~72Β°F, I would use one. If you live where its 80 all the time… extra heat is not necesaary

3 Likes

Its depending tbh.

If you have a warm setup thwn you dont need them. If like me its cold as fuck then its very helpful to keep temps where you want them.

Then there are those timea you have plants that want root zone temps different than air temps.

1 Like

@JoeCrowe , @THCeed , what do you do with your β€œchips” after pressing?

4 Likes

I give mine away to someone who wants to try making extracts out of it. The hash wax blobs left probably have a bunch of THCa left in them. I saw sparkles.

5 Likes

Sounds like mine have a date with 1lb of butter!

4 Likes

I like coconut oil! Made my first banana bread with infused oil 3 days ago. First time bread has lasted more than a day cause it would drop you if you tried :rofl:. Good stuff get everything out of what you grow!

4 Likes

I dunno if it stacks, but vivosun gave me my own discount code for 15% off. Use it anytime!

code is : Seeds

2 Likes

IT WORKED!

19 Likes

@pigeonman Ive been wanting to get my own quimbley. I just read an article by a herpetologist and he said be prepared to take to vet at least once a year. Apparently if not in natural environment they will eat lots of random no food stuffs. String, paper clips, staples whatever else. Doesn’t seem right if they are well feed and not stressed out shouldn’t be an issue. It’s sounds more like a stress response to me. Anyways have you had issues with your bearded.

6 Likes

I believe the name is Quigley. :slightly_smiling_face:
Speaking of Quigley, any recent pictures of the dragon? @Pigeonman

5 Likes

Yes you are right sorry Quigley stoner brain.lol

3 Likes

@420noob & @chronix thanks so much for asking.

With sadness i just realized that i never shared with everyone that Quigley passed away suddenly late last year. He was eating less over the course of a week during a cold snap, his temps were lower than ideal but not low enough to concern too much as his basking spot was still good. Reptiles metabolisms slow when cool so it was seemingly normal behavour. Regardless of keeping my eye on him as usual i walked in one dmorning and was devastated to find him deceased.

I had 2 other deaths in as many weeks so i get why i wasnt in thw right frame of mind to share…

Beforw this though he was very agreable, had lots of supervised outside time and annual vet visits. Mrs. Pigeon has a friend who lost her dragon seemingly the same way. :man_shrugging:

Things happen, and all i can do is be greatful for tge time i got to care for him and give him a great life.

19 Likes

I am very sorry to hear that @Pigeonman
I’ve owned lots of lizards, frogs, newts/salamanders, snakes etc…
I had a 4 foot long Savannah Monitor lizard that lived free range in my home. I really miss him the most, he was a good buddy. :lizard:
I also had a Cuban Knight Anole that lived on a Ficus tree in my room. He refused to leave that tree. :laughing:
He was an awesome dude too.

8 Likes

This is all we can ask for. I know he lived his best life with you, and I wanna thank you for that. I can feel how compassionate you are from all your generous actions around here. Any being would be lucky to be under your wing. :pray:

8 Likes