👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

$30 for 115w of led light even if the burple spectrums and likely low efficiency I’d say yes too, can always use it for house plant and others if not in use in a tent.

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear I wasn’t “crazy” :rofl: I have SOOO MANY plants for over wintering if anything they are backups in addition to supplemental lighting when using inappropriate fixtures :smiley:

@Foreigner you’d HATE the quality of light; it’s more brutal than the MH reflector 48! :rofl:

5 Likes

I do hate blurples. But, there are good reasons to use them.

Budget
Backup

I have one for backup but I wouldn’t buy one. It’s dated tech. And the light they put out is just so hideous you need glasses to look at it.

3 Likes

And supplement! And for $5 I could flip em for 20$ each on kijiji, make a profit and still they’d be getting a great deal!

3 Likes

Do you know if this is a Monarch Caterpillar?

Ummmm…

:rofl:

Not really, I’m just curious. :green_heart:

8 Likes

I think?

Spotted tussock moth • Lophocampa maculata - Biodiversity of the Central Coast.

6 Likes

Thank you for the link. :+1:t2:

Something to work with. :bug: :butterfly:

2 Likes

Gotta love when a plan comes together.

Here’s the reading in the prop tent with 2x shop leds and 1x red booster:

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

6 Likes

Looks just right except for the Canadian Tire ads…

3 Likes

:rofl:

Free app is free use for a reason! :rofl:

2 Likes

It just reminds me I have a 79 cent gift card begging to be spent :joy:

3 Likes

For reference:

A good level for plants just germinating from seed is 150 - 300 μmol/m2/s.
A good level for vegetative growth of young seedlings is 300-600 μmol/m2/s.

My reading is from the top of the dome, so this means my range under the dome falls into the near perfect range for germination and then as they get taller they’ll grow into the near perfect range for their seedling stage!

I’m rather chuffed as the discounted to $5 blurple fixture finally got me the range I’ve been aiming for with this tiny tent!!! :grin:

There’s room in here for 3x trays with domes, and 4x LED shop lights and I can add in another 1x blurple 19w to even out the PPFD for the other side of the tent.

Next step will be to re-mount all the lights so I can have all them at the same level, and additionally the strips generate enough heat now that I’ll finally have to build the forced air in/out baffles with 12v computer fans glued to baffles made of black plasticore secured to the square vents with hook’n’loop strips :smiley:

4 Likes

I don’t really use them anymore but when I did I’d wrap them in heavy cardboard to make them part of a “duct.” If you know what I mean. Easy to incorporate into your system and a half a light barrier.

2 Likes

@Foreigner the plan is tomake a sealed version of this with a fan glued to the only port cut into it. This is the passive intake light baffle for my 2x2 tent.

I’m gonna build 2, one forced out + 1 forced in making a total of 2x exhaust fan and 1x intake. I never needed to deal with this before as i’d run tent wide open but now with Quigley in here i HAVE to let him have a dark period over night.

Here he is like a sir:

16 Likes

This is a monarch caterpillar Kaneh…

9 Likes

Thanks so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

My son, an arborist I also asked; confirmed the same thing. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

@KanehB

That isn’t a monarch butterfly caterpillar

This is what they look like:

Oh sorry, somebody beat me to it.

5 Likes

:open_mouth: WHOLLY SHIT THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!! :open_mouth:

:mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling: :mexico: :seedling:

Each was scuffed indivually and then plunked into this Scottish Crystal shot-glass filled with Distilled water and H202 (30ml of 3% H202 + 475ml of distilled water for the 24 hour soak mix)

:metal:

25 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

7 Likes

You know…I hate to mention it …but it does appear Quigley and I have the same skinny ass legs !

6 Likes