Favorite Blueberry strains?

That’s who sent me MOB as well. Reminds me a lot of the WLD dominant Blueberry line that my friend Mystic Funk gave me.

3 Likes

I’m just getting ready for a second harvest of the pre 91 dj short blueberry, found a local guy with seeds and a mother plant. Good nite time weed and pretty good terps grown full organic

2 Likes

That sounds awesome. I’m assuming it’s more of a Sativa type?

1 Like

Whats good rez , Hope alls well with u .

As for BB lines I didnt make that are my favorite:

Blueberry Blast - perfect end product but also a perfect breeder. Happiest buzz right down the middle of the road.
Tremendous yielder with great potency and bag appeal.

Johnny Blaze - a BB x NH version of Blue Dream that doesnt have a crashing comedown. Less of the sweet blueberry syrup flavor, adding something a little exotic in there.

FWE Blueberry Indica - hard to find that old BLD blueberry that was still potent.

Pure Kush x Flo - absolutely epic kushy plant with buttery flavors

Flogi - Colorado Flo x Goji OG - meditative bliss

93 Buffalo/Syracuse Blueberry - the one that started it all for me my freshman year in college. Made me a weed connoisseur on the spot. Euphoric, pulled me out of my aspergers bubble for a few hours, and man could I write a good thesis paper on that (I funded my college partying by selling thesis papers to classmates).

8 Likes

this one is interesting. Would this be considered something that is not from the DJ short genetics and developed seperately? What you describe is similar to the 90’s blueberry grown up here by the bikers and affilliates. I cash cropped it for quite a few years. Some here in Canada (BC) consider it to be a very special true blueberry strain that is not from the DJ work. There is a clone only up here called the Fraser Valley Blueberry Hashplant that is either the original clone or a selection from “biker” blueberry and “biker” hashplant… both of which I grew for near a decade , say 95/96 to 2005.
The fraser valley blueberry hashplant is still around , even here on OG I think a couple members might have it. Hopefully do a trade and get her in my stable at some point when it is mutually convenient. My Coastal Blueberry at GLG and Growingupganja is a continuation of the fraser valley blueberry hashplant x dr atomic’s Blueberry Northern Lights BX1 F3.
Hoping to get the FVBHP clone back in the stable and do a back cross with F4 selections… then hunt for an S1 candidate hehehe.

10 Likes

:thinking: 93 buffalo blueberry…plz tell more of this strange weapon that you speak of. Lol. I grew up on Buffalo

2 Likes

I grew Mr Blues Blue Skunk and it was basically Blueberry Muffin. This was 15 years ago maybe. Blueberry flavoring terps, coated in glistening layer, not a very memorable effect.
My favorite blue smoke was the more natural ones, are those the DJ Short? I guess I’ll find out soon I have some blue star stuff. One in BC always came to mind that was a real dark blue color with the real blue fresh fruit smell, extremely relaxing rock you to sleep on a rainy Vancouver afternoon to a most restful sleep stuff. That I would hunt for again.

5 Likes

As for FVBB, I haven’t had her, but my buddy in Canada has her.
He also has the pre-DJ line called Mr Blue. There was another name but I forgot it. This is from the same guy who had the BOEL Hawaiian I have, so its legit. Supposedly from 79-81 era. My buddy has been breeding with and hunting blueberry for longer than I and stopped once he found Mr. Blue.

Whether the Buffalo Blueberry is DJ’s or not, I dont know.
The only person I know who knows where it is now is Seth Hough, but Im blocked.
I went to college in Syracuse and was quick friends with the local Sicilians. One buddy was a driver and mechanic and he introduced me to a dealer near campus who was also in the family. The buds were bright colored, small tiny nugs. Fresh blueberry smell. Extremely potent, unlike what Ive found since then for BB. The high was a very even-keeled up high that gave me energy and ideas to write term papers.
I heard a few years ago its from the Buffalo family, germinated in '93. Held very tight by the Sicilian family and the bikers they work with.
Closest Ive seen to it are Mr Blue and FWE’s BB Indica line.

9 Likes

youre referring to Mr Blue as a strain name? couldve been referring to the breeder by that name. seed banks used to keep restocking his work by popular demand when the expensive DJ stuff was being trashed online.

1 Like

It wasn’t from the 90s or 2000s during the white-labeling era. It was from the late 70s.

1 Like

This might be what I’ve seen others refer to as NY Blueberry or Blueberry Sativa. It’s at least aligns with the high and locale.

2 Likes

Some blueberry muffin clones I pollinated with the lone male survivor of 15ish Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry. Two girls and two boys of the 15 made it through to flower. One boy was culled, one girl got bud rot. The other is revegging, which I’m a little shocked about considering what it’s been through and what came of roughly 100 other plants in the great outdoors. It’s been in a tiny pot outdoors in awful conditions most of its life. It’s a more natural blueberry than the BBM which I’m growing alongside. They’re both lovely, the BBM x Vintage Blueberry is more resilient, which is saying a lot since it’s a truly easy plant to maintain.

There will be smoke test between the BBM, BBM x VB, and the Archive Blueberry cut. Along with ultimately MOB x (BBM x VB) and the BBM x (BBM x VB) and F3 and F4 BBM x VB. I’ll report back here how it goes. I have a theory about the VB, and should see if I’m right in the F3 and F4. It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it :joy:

The BBM BX should be fun. They made ridiculously tiny little football shaped beans, I couldn’t even tell if the pollen took.

The BBM neighbor wasn’t leaving much doubt, and was proudly showing bulging beans quicklly. That’s white widow x berry freak x duck ibl x huckleberry soda with the same AKBB F2 blueberry poppa. This is my second season with her outdoors, and I have yet to find a hardier plant out of 350 or so that got started the past two years, so I crossed her with another crazy hardy and faster outdoor plant. I hope she smokes nice after all this trouble. I didn’t bother flowering her indoors. She sure is pretty, I wish I had, and now will…

They should have lots of blueberry and perfume with great resilience in or outdoors… I’ve got enough beans to share/trade with a few folks if anyone is hankering to test them. Feel free to send a DM :v:

16 Likes

I recently got to sample some of this strain Creamy Berry CCL from a friend and have a pack of my own and it was very ripe blueberry! It had a fair amount of incense and floral in it as well though

2 Likes

A while back I run some blueberry twist from advanced female seeds they’re the best bb terps I’ve had since the original Dp blueberry, it’s not got the same strong bb terps of the original but it’s blueberry flavoured terps with a hint of cat piss.

I’m running more in the hope of finding a better one again.

7 Likes

Don’t sleep on AKBB blueberry lines I found a nice 907 bluegeans keeper. It has some lip-smackey goodness. I tried to s1 her and forgot I didn’t have a clone. Hoping for a reveg. Oh and no viable pollen in the sacks boo.

6 Likes

Blueberry lovers… you really need to get your hands on my Coastal Blueberry.
you will not regret it as several OG’s are now finding out :wink:
I’ve been following these blueberry threads , waiting for folks to catch on.

15 Likes

Any particular grows to check out?

2 Likes

I don’t like dropping names hehe and I’m terrible at linking threads but Kyumonriu, Rhai88 and Heliosphear seem to have found plants that fit the bill. There are a few others who have messaged me with thier findings as well.
Gonna do a seed pop grow n show bud run in the new year as I don’t have any in the jars right now.

7 Likes

@Fitzera is currently growing it. i saw @CanuckistanPete and @GMan both saying they had some going but no journals.

2 Likes