Favorite Blueberry strains?

believe his son started (took over for) DJ Genetics are still sold (original) and hs son is making new lines with his father genetics forget the son’s seed company name at present - will get back and list it

JD Short & Second Generation Genetics

4 Likes

this blim burn Blue Dream finished up pretty well. very much the blueberry smells.

15 Likes

A blueberry I ran. Even half a gram of this made an entire house stink when I brought some over to smoke with my cousin. That half gram had us high for hours. We smoked through a bamboo bong he made from his backyard.

15 Likes

Thats the best part of BB ,such a great high. I grew some BB headband and while it dried in my closet the whole house smelled of wild berries and it was the best air freshener I ve ever had.

6 Likes

Starting some blue magoo bx3 here, have read its a very nice flavorful BB strain, though a hybrid originally (blueberry x williamswonder). Planning to cross it to the archive blueberry cut, which I’m about to flower for the first time, have had a couple people confirm that its a really nice blueberry plant - though a bit larfy/leafy. Going to cross to blue dream as well, so a nice mix of blue to go around.

10 Likes

Coastal blueberry (left pot)

I should add I didn’t veg it beyond a week, and i also kept it in a starter pouch for a month…so its size is my doing.

8 Likes

hmmmm she sure is a frosty little gal :wink:
hope she smokes awesome for you

3 Likes

Very interesting read!!

2 Likes

Coastal Blueberry.

13 Likes

Heres my first attempt at some old DP . I got these in the mail at 4 pm and in the soil by 10 pm tonite. I have another one Im doing in the morning 20 seed to start and will do 20 more in a couple days. I m excited about these …

9 Likes

Almost as equally excited. That’s cool you go that road, we’ll have an idea if the modern DP blueberry is worth it. Keep us updated and have a good grow!

5 Likes

I’ve tried the Blue Magoo, DJ Short Blue, and ILG, and they all were lacking the strong terps of old. Although these were small samples, I’m still searching for what we had around 2000-2004. My quick story is that I got my blueberry from someone that I thought went to the Cannabis Cup prior to 2000 and got the seeds in Amsterdam. They then grew them here in the Midwest and I got clones and grew them. This shit was was so unreal it raised the price of weed. I have a friend who grew in Cali and has had thousands of strains, and he still says that the blueberry we had was one of the best. So maybe the special berries weren’t directly from DJ. I’m guessing there could’ve been multiple killer berry plant varieties back then.

5 Likes

Blueberry twist.

10 Likes

Getting sent some super awesome blueberry genetics getting sent a few bodhi blueberry hill(dj short blueberry x Appalachia) a few snowhigh blueberry blast (sc blue dream x Johnny blaze) and a single dj short blueberry that was All bought in 2011 and put into cold storage going to be attempting some blueberry hill f2 and crosses with them if m/f ratios and germination rates are on side hoping to find some blueberry goodness :grin:

:crossed_fingers:seeing these are a bit older

5 Likes