Favorite pure sativa

How long did you veg?

2 Likes

I think it was 6 weeks but it was trained to a foot tall at flip.

Clones are an option.
12/12 from seed is another.

:+1:

1 Like

ATM I have a pure chocolope x gelato 41 female
Chocolope is a 95% sat / 5 indi @16 weeks
Gelato 41 is 45% sat/ 55 indi @ 9- 10 weeks

The F1 I’m running now seems to have a indi dominance if you keep the proper PPFD /DLI. Seems very happy in the 530- 580 / 41-43 range
She’ll turn purple/blue just like the chocolope. And is already exhibiting a high anthocayanin 31 days from germ.
Time will tell tho on how her flowers form but my main goal was to cut down on her flower times and not have to deviate from the 12/12 just to get her to flower or even finish, and to bring back the chocolope expressions and terps. So far so good. Stem rub smells like citrusy melons, gas funk and coffee. Really hoping the chocolate comes in the flower end of things. But for all the indi traits she has, she has an equal sat to her as well.
I know it’s not a pure sativa, but if anyone wants some S1 beans, I’ll be doing a reversal on some clones. Both female parents used were top notch terpy, dense flowers, big donkey dick colas and loaded with resin. I got plans on building a diary, mainly just to keep a record of her but like everything in life, proofs in the puddin.
Hit me up-

3 Likes

Can you 12/12 from seed?

3 Likes

You can. I haven’t done it but I’ve seen it done.

1 Like

@Upstate has an excellent thread on this subject for your sativa-tenting needs

7 Likes

You can always make clones and flower them as soon as they have established roots.

4 Likes

Never cloned anything. I’ll prob just veg 4 weeks and then flip and see how that works.

1 Like

If you’re talkin’ Sheelavathi . Veg 2 wks & flip to 11/13 . Read Upstates thread & then read it again . Pot size , bondage & cut to fit are your management tools . Pop 8 - 10 , cull runts , freaks & herms . You’ll only be able to take 1 or 2 full term in a 5 x 5 . Wild equatorials are best outside in the ground if possible , if not in appropriate container . Greenhouse / hoophouse might be needed if north of 30 degrees .

2 Likes

Disappointing. I live in NYC and it’s less potent than SSH. Piff is stronger as more of a Silver Haze with more Afghani and a hashy thing but CBH is 100% hype in my experience. I’ve smoked probably three ounces of it in the last few months from different growers including Piffcoast and I don’t care for it. Grow Bandaid Haze and thank me later if thats what youre after🤙

3 Likes

Be prepared for a training war. But the rewards are great.

2 Likes

Kills yield, I always veg for 5-8 weeks. Top when they’re at the third node and keep the lights bright 24 hours a day, as oppressive as possible without them complaining. Use plant ties to bend branches as they grow and pot up regularly, solo-1 gal - 3 gal - 5 gal, as the leaves reach past the edge of the pot. The topping early and oppressive bright lights have always given me great results with even the gnarliest of sativas. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I have Gerry’s Nepal Jam, Banghi Haze, Purple Satellite and Oaxacan to choose from. What do you think would be the most manageable.

4 Likes

I grew some of Ace Seeds’ Golden Tiger V3 that was really good and extremely potent. It’s a hybrid, but is also pure sativa. For a sativa it’s pretty quick. I harvested one pheno on day 48, I believe.

No clue, but not Oaxacan. My understanding though is that she’s worth any amount of trouble when you start smoking her flowers.

1 Like

Wow must have been an outlier because 48 days is preposterously short… You sure it was GT?

2 Likes

I’m positive. Harvest times are really variable with that strain but they have some short phenos. I was really shocked and was happy I took clones, but had to shut everything down for legal reasons so now I have to buy some more seeds and find it again.

2 Likes

Man that sounds disappointing, but since I have her I’m gonna grow her out anyway and hopefully make some s1 seeds of her.

Got some a5 haze, golden tiger, and some others from ace seeds that I might try in the future.

Might just hit the CBH with Mexican pinto rojo( aka smoking mirror) from snow high. I have a buddy that is growing that out right now and might have some extra pollen?

If so anyone wanna trade for some bandaid haze? Lol

1 Like

Oh no, don’t be thrown off by my experience, there are a ton of people that love it! I like the smoke, just didn’t have the potency I was expecting from how mythically its described ya know? Also, I’ve never run it myself, only smoked a few ounces from PC and two other growers, so you’re stoked. That outcross to Smoking Mirror would be a killer! All the best hermano :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Tons more variation in the CBH . Pretty much all the BAH around is based off Doc D’s # 7 selection of Bodhi’s stock . I do agree the BAH is the more potent of the 2 . CBH shows more of the NL side than BAH . IMHO like most strains it’s all in the selection . CBH is cash croppin’ & BAH is head stash shit .

4 Likes