FBSC Manga Rosa and Paraguay 2022

Awesome! Let’s try and keep the FBSC on :fire:

6 Likes

@Gugumelo, They’re looking really nice and healthy!! This damn Manga Rosa is a real Brazilian myth round here!! Cool brother!!! Keep up the good work! :fire::clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

4 Likes

How is cannabis planted in Paraguay?

According to the farmers themselves, they are looking for an isolated area, where it has never been planted. They cut down the trees and let them dry for 15 days and burn everything. This type of handling was practiced by the natives, under the name of “coivara”. This, after thousands of years, forms the famous black earth of Indians, in the Amazon.
After the rain, the seeds are sown, keeping the area clean, weeding and cutting shoots.
According to them, it is important to vary the place of cultivation,
from one year to the next, or rotate, to avoid germination problems.

They only use the seed, without any type of treatment. To avoid planting failures, they use a lot of seeds.
They are provided by other people. Because farmers who want to be independent are usually murdered in robberies.

"We plant with the help of a sharp wooden stick, piercing the earth and throwing the seeds. This
it allows savings in the use of the seed but, it requires a lot of time, you can use this technique for one hectare. A qualified person takes at least 2 days, or more, spending 10 to 20 kg / ha.

To save time, use an implement known as a ‘matraca’ or ‘rulito’, which speeds up the work, but spends more seeds, from 30 to 40 kg / ha." (Taru, rural youth, 23 years old).

matraca’ or 'rulito

20 Likes

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Thank you very much, bro for the information. I also cultivated in guerrilla and I always cultivated paraguaya varieties. My latitude is 23º S. I’m some 600km from Predro Juan Caballero and they always got along very well with the climate here and by the way they will go for some time…

Tamo Junto …

18 Likes

Nice seed haul!

2 Likes

thank you bro @Tejas

3 Likes

Always enjoy watching the southamerican community growing :hugs:, keep us informed on what you do, un abrazo hermano … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Thank you so much bro @George I will make a diary or something as soon for now just learning from the masters …
I keep a diary on a forum here in Brazil but I could illustrate one here and soon I will do it…
I ask permission bro @Gugumelo to leave a little contribution…

(sativas paragayas)

TamoJunto

28 Likes

Gugumelo will enjoy as much as I do watching that forest of beauties, willing to see your diary … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

@Abbbian , Thanks man, we’re together… Much rain around? Here, no rain, and drought worries.

@Tejas , Glad you liked it, soon I’ll post more curiosities, and of course, the race plans.

@George, A big hug my friend…

@Haxixandoamente , You’re at home man, Feel free, we have a lot of things to cover.
I’m 26°s, but I planted late, the seeds arrived in late November.
I always planted the seeds from Paraguay, in the last year I planted them from Bahia.

Keep a journal, your information will be important to the community. The South American varieties, with the exception of Colombia, have little or no information.

Soon you could be planting an African, Mexican, Thai sativa…

Keep planting, keep the genetics pure.

I have many questions…

I read in a pdf that there are variations in the frontier grass, such as mango, yellowing, are these ways of harvesting and pressing? or are they different plants?

In this pdf, respondents talk about pressing with honey and even lemon juice.

I have already found hybrids in Paraguayan seeds, with very short flowering.
But the real thing, I took it down with 17 weeks in bloom.

How long do your plants bloom?

9 Likes

Hey! Yep! Quite a bit, though in the south it’s been to catastrophic and tragic levels!! Your thread is awesome!! :pray: :hugs: Keep it up!

3 Likes

Judging by your pictures, these are getting quite tall?

1 Like

Thank you very much gugumelo .so like i said
I live in latitudes 23s the same as pedro juan so
they don’t really feel the difference …
These bahianas certainly look very interesting
I lived for some time in the northeast, specifically in salvador and what predominated
there was a lot of marijuana in natu but I never cultivated any genetics from it …
Thank you very much again and I will be programming myself to do this and add more information and also seek information
about and these Paraguayan/Brazilian genetics…
Maybe one day… I would like to see
how all these Sativas would happen here in the guerrillas…
Leave it to me, I’ll be keeping them whenever I can …
I would also like to have more information about the drying process.
because it may be that something different happens there.
In 2018 I had contact with marijuana that came from Paraguay with another type of treatment
and that for sure she had come from paraguay because a partner went to get her from there.
and it came as a marijuana that was like a Colombian vacuum packed so that the marijuana aspect had still been preserved. And right away I noticed that she had different buds with different
different consistencies, smells, colors.
noting that there are several types of genetics together and the producers do not distinguish from one another at harvest time. And as already mentioned, the price is already pre-established, making it impossible to try to refine or improve or describe the product…
It could be that in drying they end up trying to find ways to preserve marijuana with some techniques such as lemon juice maybe
in an attempt to obtain an antioxidant action or, as was said, honey in an attempt to preserve it for longer, I believe they are always maintaining a rotation of various types of cannabis if they are multiplied among themselves and caring less about uniformity and more about yield. linked to the issue of flora times I believe that cartels have been connected to this for a long time and given that Colombian plants are closer to the equator, flowering tends to be faster, thus having more crops during the year or intermediate crops. Hybridizing the two you may be finding the middle ground of the two genetics and maybe producing all year round…
But to find the real Paraguayans would have to go considering these factors and targeting the supposed characteristics that they would have …
Around here they keep this average from 18 to 20 weeks counting from the pistils. But there are always the rushed ones who finish early, which is still good… (sofro no translate kkkk)

while I was transferring each other was in a hurry

Another paraguayan plant transplanted a few days before the photo taken on October 12th already with pistils…

here she is a few days before the cut on March 3…
somewhere around 17 weeks since the pistils…

others that were together with these were sown in June on August 16th were already pistilling…

and were completed at the same time at the end of March, totaling 23 weeks since the first pistil…(all disorganized)

Tamo Junto mano @Gugumelo e o pouco que eu puder contribuir pra mim ja é muito gratificante… Maximo respeito …

15 Likes

So brother from the last visit I took a measuring tape and the biggest was 2.77mts…

6 Likes

Beautiful plants! Sounds like Paraguayan strains flower potentially as long as Colombians. You made seed? Lots of people here would be happy to trade with you for some of those genetics.
@Gugemelo looking great my friend. The Manga Rosa may need a year or two back home to restore its anti pest mojo😁

8 Likes

Thank you very much @Upstate
So I’ve always done indirect crosses and/or directly and whenever I can, I mark them with the name of characteristics that I can
to remind you in the future… Genetics itself I never developed … As I said I have no experience with plants
from seeds bank only paraguayas… only About two years ago I indirectly gained some bank seeds
which are the only ones I know…Being …(Pck.ace X Crumbled Lime .Karma) (Hawaina snow .Greenhouse X Paraguaya)
and (Sativa sour diesel .Nirvana X BKV2 or Where’s my bike.Karma)…
I have some Paraguayans that I nicknamed and I try to multiply them by being …
Subako: Smell of sweating and very resiny something like squeaking armpits…
I read recently that VSCs are called responsible for this onion/garlic recall…possible skunk ?? I look at it …
Azeijo: (sour/cheese) possibly with the same properties as subako but with a fermented and milder touch
something like cheese and rue… (I’ve never had contact with real cheese, I’m just based on the smell)
Rosinha: They are Plants that appeared for the first time with pink psitillas and a smell of grape gum and also very resinous…
Roxinha: Some plants in the cold season get a spot here and there but this plant got really purple
and I kept them to try to isolate this in the future, who knows… Other than that many mixed Paraguayan seeds.
And of course I would even donate them if possible…
TamoJunto

9 Likes

@Haxixandoamente .

Yes man, I’m in love with landraces.

Like you, I only planted seeds from the Paraguayan press. I never took a chance on buying.

My problem is only having one crop a year and one off-season.

You have solid information about this genetics, be sure to comment.

Have you ever heard of marijuana sold in Florianopolis? Very expensive, but it looks like pressed skunk, it even has purple duds sometimes.

There’s a documentary, “how the pressing is made” explains this, I don’t know if you’ve seen it.

All the information I publish here are scientific works researched on the internet.

As for flowering, I found variations in Paraguayans from previous crops, I believe they are introduced modern hybrids, as they did not have the main characteristics, thin leaves and buds.

Did you start in July? Must be huge, plant in early September.

Keep up the great work you are doing, with great security always…

This is the last genetics on the planet to be explored, let’s not let companies appropriate this.

I was very interested in the phenotypes you described, we can make an exchange soon…

Seeds are free, many people gave their lives for these seeds to reach us, let’s keep the natural flow so we don’t create more problems.

6 Likes

More updates:

In general, all recovered, needed attention and a light foliar fertilization.

@Upstate and guys. Any guidance? Apical pruning? training?

Manga Rosa:

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

Paraguay:

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

Edit: @George, I’m going to post the photos this way, I saw your post about this, I don’t want to make more work for the server.

16 Likes

Looking good @Gugumelo! Thanks guys for the updates and information! @Gugumelo I hope it’s ok posting this. This thread just seems appropriate for this.
Seeds from reo de Janeiro

And some seeds from Lages. From pressed brick and banks

Is there any significance here?

14 Likes