Feds Cracking Down on Recreational Weed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/justice-department-high-times-cannabis-cup_us_58b62c8be4b060480e0cd0e5?

Save up your nickels for a plane ticket to Amsterdam if you want to attend the Cannabis Cup.

2 Likes

Fucking lame… really…

I cant believe the enforcement has begun, what pisses me off is there are legitimate MJ users out there, and this also takes away from their medicine.

:rage:

That is just a nightmare…Nevada permits recreational use but White House has different interpretation…

I hope that this will lead to reaction of states to demand striping federation from competence over this matter…

I have a gut feeling Trump and his staff are using this issue to blind the news and misdirrect the attention of the people from other things going on. A sort of, sleight of hand, if you will. It is definitely bad news either way.

1 Like

Actually guys, trump stated to change the law if they do not want it enforced. Makes sense to me. He said it should be up to the states…again, makes sense to me. By the way, it has spurred legislation to remove marijuana from the list. Take a moment and research it.

Post a link, help us understand…

1 Like

Originally by sanders. Was spurred again because they were told to actually change the law. Its now in progress, but finding the truth in the news now a days is hard
http://m.roanoke.com/news/politics/garrett-introduces-bill-to-decriminalize-marijuana-federally/article_673f031f-4f80-5142-9dad-d3dd30dbc17c.html?mode=jqm

1 Like

Found a link of sessions stating to change the law. This all makes sense…why there are laws. Trump may be the best i have ever seen in my life time. I know he has been the only one who is actually following thru on his campaign. He is doing what he said he would. Imagine that…lolol

The bill may be introduced, but the DAG is enforcing the current federal law. So until the bill is passed, the current administration is already shutting down recreational.

The previous DAG allowed legalization IF the states wanted it. They never changed the law… look at the Cole memo. The enforcement was considered low priority, what DAG sessions is doing is now shutting down state level recreational in one example from the OP.

I dont understand the disruption of the legal recreational market, Billion dollar industry of american grown and american sold, thousands of jobs, lots of tax money, and suppresses cartel activity.

Having Sessions with his known anti-marijuana stance doesn’t make sense to have him as a DAG in the cabinet if Trump was truly for legalization.

They are forcing congress to actually do something. Pass the bill, its legal. Period. Sounds like a far better way, then what they have been doing. They are correct imo, change the law…period. Trump wont veto it.

Former DAG cole already gave enforcement directive to allow states to manage MJ, even in conflict with federal law. Thats an assumption that Trump wont veto it. So what are state legal or tribal reservations supposed to do till the bill passes?. I’m in a legal state, what is a recreational cultivator supposed to do?.

Even if what you say is true, the way Trump’s team is going about it, puts my current freedom, and many many peoples lives, in a legal states at risk, and I think that’s way wrong. There’s plenty of other ways he could have done his bidding, instead he victimized the people.

2 Likes

Exactly…

A bunch of people exposed themselves, by participating the state legal industry and now this administration comes in and starts enforcing.

Jeff session just announced he was going to enforce federal law

I figured it was going south before it even happened. Got to keep that Oxy market #1 because nothing says it works like kids watching their parents overdose in front of them!!!

1 Like

It sounds to me like Sessions is definitely coming after legal pot. He said he’d commit to enforcing federal law regarding marijuana “…although the exact balance of enforcement priorities is an ever-changing determination based on the circumstances and the resources available at the time,”

1 Like

Jeff sessions March 15 2017.

What a joke, in my own experience there are zero fatalities associated with cannabis. Two people close to me have died from opiate overdose. To even say that marijuana is slightly less awful than heroin is has no basis in facts.

1 Like

He asked states to rethink there cannabis laws well most states are gunna say fuck off cuz they want the taxes rev

1 Like