New rules The DEA

1 Like

fuck those guys. this is why i dont support general hydro, botanicare, gavita, etc. or any cups that allow the likes of this garbage. this isnt the shit we want. i wont give my money to the cunts that do this shit to people. fuck sakes man, this pisses me off soo much. all of today has been shit for cannabis. i read the document our “task force” put out with the recommendations for legaliztion here in canada. they say we should have 4 plant limits no taller then 100cm, higher potency products need higher pricing and higher taxes to “discourage high potency use” pft… my fuckin ass. more like to get money from the sick that NEED the higher potencys. ima just post the doc.

2 Likes

In the US its about Big Pharma in the pockets of politicians. Big Pharma US knows they cant make BIG on MJ products. But they can make big on their addictive so called medicines. Studies at UCLA and Stanford show that CBD is far more effective then what Big Pharma is “pushing” and they are fighting like hell to preserve their turf. In time peoples rights will win…This action by the DEA is mean and cruel…

1 Like

Maybe.

IF the rescheduling of cannabis moves it from schedule 1 then big pharma could formulate prescription drugs based off cannabis compounds, or even compounding pharmacies could make prescriptions using cannabis compounds.

1 Like

One can hope Pharmaceutical companies would be eager to and invested in producing CBD products for folks, as a safer alternative to the high potency and addictive meds they offer. You offer optimistic constructive solutions and I appreciate your thinking. I wish the DEA and the US were as rational about they’re historical pathology with MJ. The US is far behind The UK in this thinking. Prescription CBD concentrates are available and the UK has Federally run CBD farms I understand. I’m So exhausted with the ignorance of the DEA and the holding on to reefer madness politics…

1 Like

I dont see why a drug company wouldn’t come up with a compound to work with or come up with a CBD analog, pain relief is big business, I just dont see the complete descheduling of cannabis or related compounds, especially when they pushed so hard to make it medicine. If you reschedule it it then you are going to make a drug company come up with a compound, have it go to clinical trials for efficacy and safety then they will be the ones selling it, and it just becomes regulated again.

I guess I’m looking at other compounds like Opium for example. We all know its pain killing properties, but its the refined versions that we actually take and are prescribed.

What I dont understand is why Cannabis is schedule 1, in my opinion, in its natural state its literally non toxic, and is safe. I just think the just say no to drugs campaign to this day has its residual effects, Thanks alot Nancy Regan!.. and Ronald Regan for LYING about how dangerous marijuana is.

But I’m with ya, I’m tired of propaganda, and lies. I honestly dont understand why DEA insists on holding its position in light of scientific evidence… An “enforcement” division trying to make rules.

Some rules are for sheeple…

1 Like

FDA/DEA are presently engaging in a separate review of the scheduling status of CBD, a fact they confirmed in August when they refused to reschedule cannabis. The review is to see if CBD explicitly should be moved from its present Schedule I status. Also, there are several pending federal bills before Congress (e.g., S. 1333, HR 1635, HR 4779) that seek to reschedule CBD. Obviously, such legislation would be unnecessary if CBD were not Schedule I already.

Salutations GGW,

Sometimes Big Pharma does attempt to perform just that, for example:

Google Search: Biotrial Bial “BIA 10-2474” Death

With mitigated results…

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

1 Like

Its sad but do you really think they legalize only for fun ? :smiling_imp:

I’m not expert on US law, but I think that article is written by non-lawyer and he is too fast coming to conclusions. (Compare that to lawyer’s well grounded opinion at the end)

I view DEA’s move as an attempt to gain more influence over drug policy than it realistically has.

DEA is not lawmaker and is not privileged to create own legal definitions (what is marijuana for example) or list of narcotics. DEA is part of executive power and their attempt goes against the principle of division of powers in democratic society.

The only one subject they can bind in their internal policies is themselves, not citizens. I think that first CBD case at the court will prove me right.

Anyway, this news approves the theory that byrocratic institutions naturally tend to demand and collect more and more power.

1 Like