FieldEffect digs the hole deeper, can you check my first tent setup?

If you are thinking about venting to the attic and your attic is easily accessible, I would recommend buying a Y duct tube and just tying your exhaust into one of your air duct lines. It simplifies things so much. It basically bridges the loop between your home air handling unit and your tent.

I did this with my small grow room to keep it closed loop with the house. The blower is in the attic and can’t be heard anywhere unless you’re in the attic.

Just an option.

4 Likes

Infiniti fans are great. I have one 4" and two 6" fans… Even though you are in a small tent my advice would be to get the 6" fan. The $50 difference in price is well worth the difference in performance, especially when on a filter. My 4" now is connected to a light. It’s a good fan but 50 bux gets you something a lot better.

2 Likes

I’m considering all this ventilation stuff. It’s easy enough to either pop it into the existing bathroom vent tube. I’ll have to crawl up there and remind myself what is what. I feel like there’s an excessive number of vents already. Maybe there’s an unused one.

Appreciate all the input.

2 Likes

oh dear.

sounds good

hell yes. clone. mom/veg/auto. bloom. worth it for springtime alone…

the ability to work small is very useful.

you’d need to have a great reason to.

i like starting seeds in soil. but yeah. salts indoors for sure.

hempy buckets. don’t re-invent the wheel! @vernal
maxi series is the K.I.S.S. way if you decide to skip the megacrop

good venting = well worth some hassle.

3 Likes

Bunch of good suggestions, all I got is I like to have active filtered intake and have positive pressure in the tent so to not pull in dust and lint when plants are flowering. My small tent uses 2 4" cheap Chinese crap inline fans with speed control with corresponding cheap carbon filters in and out for my small tent setup, set the speed control so more air going in then out. only issue with the fans is noise cause well their crap. they can be silenced with some mods ,this small tent is in a air-conditioned room though so i can get away with dumping air directly in there cause the big tent has its air vented out side room and by default vents veg tent heat and moisture ,

Good ventilation is never over rated, I’m a big fan of the ac infinity fans mainly cause what you get for the money and use them for my big flower tent, one 4" would be a good solution for a tent in a closet since it has a thermostat and humidistat and has high and low triggers. plus who dont like using the ac infinity app to monitor by wifi?

3 Likes

I have the 2x4x6 foot tent and 6 inch fan, controller and filter. It is overkill on the fan but you do get a smart controller with wifi and the fan needs to be really slow or it will suck in the sides of the tent. It is pretty quiet operating that way though

I would not recommend buying their light until it gets better reviews.

2 Likes

im probably more focused on filtering the intake specifically to a single tent than most others, so naturally these were interesting:

the 3x more expensive cannabis-specific “organic” version:

dont know if it linked properly, but thats the cheapest site for Phat brand 4" HEPA intake.

would need to look into what the first one is actually lubricated with, but i cant find any cfm ratings for it. the second seems to be sort of pointless because it requires tons of airflow pushing through it to filter out anything but dust from what i can gather. obviously i could be totally wrong there.

instead i opted for an air purifier in the supply room and going to experiment with forms of duct coverings like the ones linked above, also weed guard, i think the higher rated MERV fabrics are going to require more air flow (fan noise) than i want to deal with.

i got the vipar ks3000 light direct from them, its $40 cheaper that way than amazon, not sure if its going to ship from china or what well see. i liked having the driver outside the room, the bar design, even canopy coverage and at 320w it would technically be 35w per ft in a 3x3 if thats what it draws.

going to just keep using the envy 2part (5-12-26 and cal-nit jr peters knock off) until im out of it at least. after that probably just buy the big 25lb bags of those two from jacks if it goes well. downside of using the octopots in a smaller tent is they take up another half foot for the reservoirs, that extra tiny bit could be the difference between having to take the filter and exhaust fan outside the tent or be able to leave them inside up top. but there is no way im going back to hand watering any plants over 3-4 weeks old.
with the octopots on autofill and using a single nute solution you could really leave town for weeks at a time mid cycle. thats the dream at least.

for clones, young plants these work great, can easily move them and use them to work in the upper back of the tent where its always dark at as well:
i have them with 150w equivalent 5000k LEDs i got from the grocery store, clones like them alot more than the more powerful LED grow light. going to repurpose two of them for mini cabs this winter and spring to do some seed starting and cloning.

2 Likes

That’s right. Just showed up today. Planning on getting the rest of this ordered this weekend. :rofl:

I think, regardless of the suggestions to devote more space and do the 2x4 I’m going to have to stick to the 2x3. It’s just all I can really manage to fit. If I go bigger I need a new place to do this anyway. In line with that, I’ll do the fancy AC Infinity 4" with controller.

I’m really leaning towards just building an inlet filter box out of foam. It’s easy enough since it’s low pressure and likely really low flow. Plus I already have a bulk pack of 10x20x1 filters for my drying cabinet.

The cone filters look like a nice convenient thing to use though.

Sounds like the Envy is similar to the Megacrop 2-part. I liked the MC because you didn’t need to bother with the epsom salt for Mg. I need to look into this more, just want to get the tent all setup, then dive in with both feet to the grow specifics.

Depending on how deep I get I may grab some of those lights for the little shelves on the “veg” side. It would be nice to keep clones, maybe I could reveg cuttings of this year’s outdoor run. That or the little 2’ LED strip lights.

Thanks for all the input guys!

6 Likes

I can vouch for the new @VIVOSUN 6” fan, its almost silent and had been a gem of an addition @FieldEffect

5 Likes

I just added their AeroZesh T6 to my second 4x4. I like it more than my AC Infinity one. Just some small details that I like, but it does it’s job well.

3 Likes