FieldEffect's Attempt to Grow Indoors

hehe one strain would have been too easy right? Better add a bit of challenge. :wink: Nothing better than some haze for that lol

Your intention is too cross both, or just to do a bud run?

Wonder how that will work with your hot summers. But there’s one thing for sure: you’ll have ton of different smoke at the end of the summer :laughing:

3 Likes

Interesting :thinking:

I’m curious what sort of high is provided by these genetics. Of course, the selection of things that I think will taste good filters all the seeds in my collection.

Probably just a bud run. I’ll try to keep the best male and female from each I can decide what I want to do with seed-making later. I want at some point to make a small male-flowering cabinet so I can collect pollen separately. In terms of what I would define as success, much simpler - I want to smoke these two varieties. It is going to force me to improve my training and height management as I hone my other grow skills. We’ll play it by ear and if/when I make mistakes reevaluate the goal.

To be clear, I expect this to be a challenge but it seems like a manageable one.

If I were growing these or derivatives outside? Or inside?

What is the concern here? I’d honestly expect either of the varieties to thrive outside here.

@Coda :rofl:

common_sense_5

Have a great day (or night) guys :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Summer run and infernal tent temperature mostly :slight_smile: But maybe that’s not a concern for you.

4 Likes

Thank jah my tent is in the center of my house and it stays pretty stable in temp. Of course, that costs money but it stays <75F regardless of the outside temp, just for comfort. It’s usually 70F in the house.

Picked up some small 2" rockwool for the seedlings. Beans should be ready for their new homes tomorrow morning. :sunglasses:

Bahia is chopped. Looking forward to smoking her. Looks like an easy trim job :grinning:

I’ll be flushing the res out, cleaning out all the flower equipment, and finalizing my carbon filter system this weekend. Then we’ll be ready to rock-n-roll. Sativa style.

Also, I’m going to remove the elevation block from under the res. That’ll give me another 10" of headroom that I’ll probably be happy to have in a few months.

Cheers guys! Have a great weekend!

14 Likes

Should have known that’s an issue you already took care of :slight_smile:

So end of this cycle is today. New adventures are coming!

4 Likes

Beans are bursting!

The Juicy Woo beans are ridiculously vigorous at 2 days.

The Chocolope beans are a few years older, 8 emerging from shell, 4 I scuffed up a bit and just popped into the rockwool.

FWIW I’ve been soaking with RO, a dash of kelp extract and Super Thrive. Hormones and vitamin. Doping for success, like certain countries and international sports.

2" half-flat soaked in Canna Aqua Vega at 0.9mS EC and 5.5pH.

Temp of flat set at 80F, vents closed until we’ve got cotyledons.

200w (2)

Gotta say, love my little tent setup. The levels, the homemade lights with wonderful dimming range, the shelf temperature control, having right at hand all supplements, tools, and general hardware to do this stuff. It is… comfortable.

Went out to the shed to trim my Solo cup contenders. Looking forward to smoking on the NL2 this evening. Piney and chemical notes. Cinderella Pineapple smells very tropical.

Yields were:
NL #2 = 6.4g
Cinderella Pineapple = 11.2g

Really kinda impressed with Cindy because I stole a gram or two I’ve been vaping already. Almost half an ounce from that little thing.

Have a great weekend!

13 Likes

Got the flower chamber all cleaned up. Added a healthy splash of HOCl, let it sit and bubble for a while, took individual components all to the sink for detailed wash.

Looks new except for the bubbler hose.

Haze babies :heart:

Also removed my riser system and bought a fluid transfer pump to do reservoir changes now that it’s as low as possible.

I’m excited :grin:

15 Likes

Well done on the first indoor run, are ya hooked???

Ready to watch the next one :+1:

Mapito or rockwool this time?

7 Likes

I really like rockwool. Good results with the mapito too, but for now I’d like to get these blocks nailed.

Thanks man! And yeah, I’m hooked :rofl:

9 Likes

I miss rockwool. It’s pricey, but I like it better in coco - mainly for “cleanliness” reasons though. Fuckin’ springtails in my coco. Don’t wanna do recirculating anything with coco. I like pure hydro even better (rdwc).

8 Likes

I miss starting seed in rockwool as well. So clean!
What type of Haze are you starting @FieldEffect ? Keeping them in check in your tent should make for an interesting challenge but I’m sure you have some strategies planned.
Looking forward to your next round, best of luck!!
:v::grin:

9 Likes

I fail at cloning in rockwool. I wonder what I do wrong. I’ll try again I think.

5 Likes

Maha Kala Juicy Woo = Juicy Fruit Thai x O Haze

Also running AKBB Chocolope

Indeed. It’ll be a challenge, keep my on my toes I’m sure. Again, hopefully I wind up with a good set of specimens to run outside next season.

I haven’t tried it, wonder what went wrong as well. Seems same as any other strategies.

8 Likes

Maybe like me with my actual first batch of SD … being too happy and in urge to smoke some.

I pushed the hell the clone to become a motherplant and, big facepalm realized on the late, i just forgot to let her starve a bit during 3 days before taking the cuts. So now the motherplant is ready for another batch, the clones not rooted yet ^^

5 Likes

Starting the selection pretty early, next season will be another jump in quality :laughing:

5 Likes

Every year another jump in quality is the goal.

Fortunately the tiers are getting closer together and I’m getting to explore the gene pool. That’s the addictive part :cowboy_hat_face:

Curious about your cut location experiment @Fuel. Hope they get some roots soon :grin:

7 Likes

Damn me too. Stupid rush ^^ Let’s say it’s to get the maxima timing. Let’s say it’s scientific lol
For the real experiment, unfortunately it will take three generations of clones to start to feel a difference. If it exist.

5 Likes

Doesn’t have to be a good experiment to guide future attempts. Just take the conclusions as fallible until more evidence collects. Eventually we will find an answer.

More, I want to see if my hunch is initially met with supportive evidence :grin:

7 Likes

Looking really clean and professional @FieldEffect good job mate! Can’t wait to see your next run

5 Likes

Spent a couple hours in trim jail this afternoon trimming up the rest of the 907 Blue Genes x Shiskaberry crosses.

#3 is the standout in terms of blueberry terps. Smells fucking amazing. Looks amazing.

^^I sent you this cut @Originalweedman
She also was the plant I had to bend over, and I bleached the shit out of the top cola back when I was pushing max light. Anyway, I didn’t want the top cola that looked weird. So the true weight, grown by someone who is not a cockeyed optimist that thinks more is always better, would be just over 40g (~8g discard + 33g primo buds) for this plant.

#1 is the cut I sent outside, the highest producer, and, at one point in flower, the more heavily fruity terp pheno. I have regrets now, after trimming them both. She’s not bad, but #3 is hands down the winner in the terps department. We’ll see how they smoke over the course of the next week or so. #1 smells fruity, not necessarily blueberry, with a burnt rubber undertone. I’ll distribute some to friends but glad I kept both #1 and #3. Smoke testing required. #1 actually has better-looking buds and smells more potent/dangerous.

That picture sucks but more photos will come as these bags get cracked open to smoke.

48g. I mean, its a lot of weed for a 4" rockwool cube. More than I expected. I need to look up the numbers @tamimes was posting seems wrong somehow.

Wonder if my scale is fucked. Time for some verification. I’m too stoned right now to really think too hard about it, rather do other shit.

Thanks man! I’ve been using the Venty everyday. Very pleased with that.

13 Likes