Fighting and Projection

True, but “better than standard American news” is a very low bar.

3 Likes

Personally, I think you have already given them too much power over you.

4 Likes

I’m a curious guy. This tickled my fancy. Just very weird.

5 Likes

I’m into it. Let’s get it out. Like the mob, ‘gotta get the bad blood out’ sometimes :wink:

In the 80’s and 90’s they hunted us pot heads, and beer swillers like hounds. DWI stop points everywhere, etc… This kept a lid on things. Today’s permissive society is in a downward spiral.

That is all I will say. Other than Trump and Reagan are the only non politicians that have been elected to the White House. Prosperous, and peaceful times were seen with both. I dunno, just spitballing.

2 Likes

True or not - let’s keep the discourse as politics free as possible :+1:

4 Likes

Great thread dude :+1:

2 Likes

The media loves to use fear to sell their stories, since it’s effective. Politicians love to use fear to inspire their followers, since it’s significantly easier to make someone afraid of the unknown than to make them passionately supportive of your actual policies. When people are afraid, it activates the fight or flight response. Your interaction with this guy was close enough to what he’s been told be afraid of to trigger that fight or flight response, and he chooses to fight. To him, he’s righteously defending what’s his from people who are out to destroy it - but, since he’s helpless and powerless to confront any actual enemies (like, presumably, all the rest of us who are wasting our time on here) he subconsciously chose to make you that enemy. And yes, you identified it quite well in the OP - it’s called projection.

3 Likes

HA! Good luck with that!

I’m steppin’ away before I get going.

2 Likes

Right on, my bad. I’m not a politico, I just go by when my life is great, and notsogreat;)

2 Likes

You don’t have to be a Fox to find out this thread will derrail soon … frech|nullxnull

4 Likes

Yes I think you’re right “for I have become foreigner, destroyer of worlds.”

:joy:

It does not have to

1 Like

It may. If so, well Ive done my best with the caveats.

2 Likes

Stop shoping at the McDonalds next to you!

2 Likes

Remember, in decades past, this type of instant interaction between peeps with no eye contact did not exist. It is very sketchy and misleading…Beacause more than 75% of the shit said online would never be said to anyones face. hence, the ability to become polarized to the infinite degree :frowning:

6 Likes

Just for breakfast. And I try to be nice to them. They have to deal with crabby hungry people all day.

2 Likes

Dude, a big mac or two a year never hurt anyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the “Ignore” feature. I now have a few people ignored.
It’s impossible to reason w ignorant, dumb, or racist people. This person you speak of is all 3, i saw the drama un-folding and hit Ignore on him.

Preferences
-Users
—Ignore
Then type in the Name and a Timeframe to Ignore.

2 Likes

On this point we totally agree.

3 Likes

A good idea but I don’t like blocking anyone as a rule unless I find them to be way out of line.

This guy…I can have some fun with him.

1 Like