Fire from bulb the day before harvest

Oh man, that sucks.
Glad there wasn’t any more damage, that really could of been a absolute disaster.
You will rebound, overcome and overgrow brother.
Best wishes.

6 Likes

@Viva_Mexico
Sorry to see this happen to you and your plants.

It is very little consolation, but as you and others have observed, it could have been so much worse!

5 Likes

OMG, you have my heartfelt compassion mate! Thats is quite a lesson… so now I would recommend you: Stay happy and evenminded as good as you can, forgive yourself and all involved ( bulb company etc :wink: Be glad that nobody gots hurt and that the whole building is still standing :slight_smile:
And change to LED, much safer! :heart:

I send you blessings and love and peace!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear it man. The HPS globes aren’t prone to exploding but if they do then the sodium in them becomes extremely volatile when it comes into contact with the water. It can cause explosions.

4 Likes

both lucky and unlucky… live to smoke another day. good luck

2 Likes

that’s bad, sorry to see this happend, but as others have said it could of been worse.
i use 600w hps bulbs, and ive never seen 1 explode, even when we have been spraying the plants under the bulbs at lights on through veg with seaweed, i have never had one explode.
i have never used the double ended hps bulbs tho. i would ditch them and use normal single ended hps. just to be safe.
hope your all back up and running ok now dude. peace
s1

3 Likes

Just seeing this for the first time. Sorry for your loss. Hope you guys have fully recovered.

1 Like

Thanks. Been lots of cleaning and ozone treatment to get the room prepped.

11 Likes

I bought one de hps and 2nd week i noticed a hole melted through the glass sleeve over filament and returned it. I have been using regular HID for 25 years and never had that happen. Might be an extra safety measure to use enclosed hoods

2 Likes