Fire from bulb the day before harvest

I had a fire the fucking day before harvest from a d.e hps bulb exploding. The glass fell and started the table on fire. The fire only spread a little. It filled the room with smoke. After lights out a extractor comes on to remove the CO2. It removed all the smoke. I arrived 20 min after lights out. Don’t know what time it happened. This room has 21 lights

19 Likes

Oh wow. How unlucky. It could have been far worse. It could have burned the entire building down. Them hps bulbs get mega hot. Hopefully you can recover and rebuild from the damage it caused. I feel your pain :v:

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss, glad nobody was hurt.

7 Likes

Son of a bitch I’ve always had fears of something like this happening dam good thing it went out on its own!

Definitely could of been worst I’ve got smoke detectors but they are useless unless your around to hear them guess that’s why auto fire suppression is recommended for larger grows !

Wonder if a camera streaming live to your phone with temp monitor activity would of picked up the problem and notified you?

7 Likes

Wow, it sucks but you’re pretty lucky damage wasn’t worse…and more importantly no one was hurt. I’ve dealt with hundreds of HID lights over the years and have never seen or heard of this, I’d chuck that ballast if I were you.

To be fair I’ve never used or even seen a double ended light, so they could be drastically different. Stay safe people!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about that. I think it’s everyones biggest fear. Glad it got put out quick enough not to be a complete burn down.

3 Likes

Wow. Sorry for your loss. One of the main reasons I went to LEDs, although they can have their own hazards.

I cant imagine the smell. Ugh

3 Likes

Phuck dude, that’s a wake up call. Sorry to hear about your loss. My luck, the building would have burned to the ground.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what make is the ballast? And is it digital or core and coil?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this brother.

Devastating. :cry:

2 Likes

This is why I always ran cooling hoods on my grows I heard about mendo dope having a fire the exact same way and lost their entire crop too but glad nobody got hurt

3 Likes

Here is the crazy part, the fucking propane tank was in the room. OMG. It was 4ft from the fire. That would have made a big big problem. You can see it in the picture.

5 Likes

Uploading… Uploading… Uploading… Uploading…

6 Likes

Wholly shit man your heart must be sunken into your gut.
Remember that its only temporary failure. Clean up reset and get them clones in to grow, I can almost guarantee that the next cycle will work out better for you.
{Bad humor ahead}
I know you always grow some absolute fire but i feel this is a step too far.

Onward and upward mate.

7 Likes

Glad no one was hurt! It’s the biggest fear I have growing, and hope it never happens. I was thinking of getting a HID, but went with LED just to give myself a little less stress.

I purchased a wyze camera that will send a notification if a CO2 or Fire alarm goes off in my house. Hope it actually works if it ever does go off!

3 Likes

Glad to hear damage was minimal. Might be a decent idea to invest in one of these. https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16881860002?nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction-SN&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-SN--Smart+Sensor+++Alarms--Nest-_-81860002&AID=11892372&PID=6361382&SID=tomsguide-1765328615022098133

4 Likes

Damn that sucks. Glad it didn’t get completely out of control. All that hard work!!!

4 Likes

Oh man, sorry for the loss. :cry:

Thank God it didn’t happen to spread further.

3 Likes

So very sorry, I can only imagine!
Thankfully no one was hurt.

3 Likes

Led seedz sexy m.f

Yes it could have been worse, 3 months of work up in flames.

Sexy m.f x cookies kush

12 Likes