First auto grow

This is the best video representation that I’ve came across.

Here is another version of RDWC Stirponics that’s nice.

From what I understand he makes and sells these close to cost of the materials.

3 Likes

Looks like your off to a great start. I planted my first two autos (that are actually growing) with my two Hopscotch photos. I got one Blueberry from Mark and a Gelato fem from @CoastalMarySeeds.
Are you experienced in DWC? I’m on my 4th DWC run. I love it. Like your love for your cats it can be a pain but its worth it!
I will tag along if you don’t mind. Like to see how yours turn out.
Oh and I would look out about getting your carpet wet. I know you dont like your landlord but the mold that might be made could cause problems in future grows. :wink:

3 Likes

Second grow not counting my last attempt where I got sick with covid and they died from neglect(well one survived, but is still trying to recover and may be a lost cause). DWC is the only method I’ve used so far. I try to be careful about spillage but I probably should get a tarp or something. Good point about the mold potential, didnt even cross my mind.

2 Likes

Ballsy starting with hydro. As long as you got a good ph/ec meter and in control of your environment your golden. I still have hiccups every now and again. I prefer it to soil any day. But then again I’m a sick mofo that enjoys torturing himself. Lol.

3 Likes

Picked up a DR meter ph pen for $30 last month. It’s so much more reliable than the dinky no name yellow one. Next on the list is an actual humidifier. For now I’ve got 2 clip on fans blowing air up from 2 buckets of warm water. It works, rh is sitting at 60%±. But it’s a pretty janky setup. I will say environmental control is way easier in a small tent than it is a full sized bedroom. Thinking I probably should’ve swung for an 8x4 tent and 2 600w hids rather than 3 1000s in my spare room. Live and learn though. My dumbass will always bite off more than I can chew. Should be straight for flower though with the 12" 1060cfm exhaust fan, that mfs like a jet engine.

1 Like

I got a $60 pen and I want to break the damn thing. I’m going to splurge on a Blue Lab combo next week. It comes calibrated. The one I got gets me by but I’m a control freak. I want to know that my readings are correct. A tent would be alot easier to control unless you can control the heat and AC in the room. You can still go for the tent. Flower in the tent. Veg outside the tent. That’s what I would do.

2 Likes

My experience with ph meters has shown me that when my meter wont calibrate right its the probe, even with the soaking solution the probes have a “life”, some times you can gently clean the probe and it goes back to being a good little meter, but if your using the solution to store it in usually the probe finally just goes bad,

if you bought a 60 dollar meter that had been on the shelf for a year and it wasnt in the storage solution well i would expect it to be troublesome.

I like the brand i use now, now that i know about the probe, the blue labs at least on amazon it said the probe wasnt replacable, the probe cost about half what the meter does…

2 Likes

I’ve got central air, but will definitely need a decent window unit come summer. Hopefully I can pull enough off of this grow to get everything setup nicely by then.

1 Like

this is the one I got, easy af to calibrate, nice heavy feel too. Probes not replaceable and it only reads temp in Celsius but otherwise it’s great so far. I should probably get some storage solution though.

2 Likes

i would say yes to the solution, i bought it off amazon in like a 16 oz bottle for about $7 pre covid
and i went thru a few meters till I wrote the company and they explained about the solution and probes

When i was doing my research yours was in the running but opted for replaceable probes, and reall y at that price whats the diff my probes cost a bit more then you paid total!

1 Like

my babies are growing. One NL seed turned out to be a dud but no biggie. And my g13 photo is finally improving now that I figured out a better makeshift humidifier solution than hanging my laundry in the grow room(I’m almost positive low rh is why she was stuck despite fixing the root rot problem.) Gonna get a couple(2 or 3) standup fans in a few days when I get paid.

4 Likes

This makeshift humidifier evaps a bit over a gallon/day

4 Likes

thats a good idea there, hella better then anal swabs

Got 2 of them going in there. Keeps a 12x12 room at 65%rh, 75°f with the lights on. Drops a bit every 2 hours when the exhaust fan comes on for 15 minutes. Probably not as good as a real humidifier but sometimes ya just gotta improvise and overcome.

1 Like

Not sure what’s up with this blueberry, the other 4 are a lighter shade of green than I’m used to, but this one in particular looks like it’s got N deficiency. Ph 5.9 res temp 68°

2 Likes

Reseviors changed, water only for now(going to fiddle with dosing to keep it downto about 250ppm, just want to eat dinner first). Picking up poolshock tomorrow, probably a lot better than bleach. Gotta order more ph up/down too. It seems growing is almost as expensive of a hobby as smoking :sweat_smile:

whiskey zulu auto fem seeds from twenty20mendocino should be here Monday. Gonna start them, getting rid of the g13 I had going, she’s not really recovering and even if she did another 2 months in veg would just be to damn much, the 2 gg photos I’m just growing to clone when my autos finish and do a 20 plant sog or something along those lines. I’ll have an ac, humidifier, and dehumidifier by then, at least if the stimulus check passes in the senate next week.

2 Likes

Blueberries all appear to be heavy N feeders so I’ll be increasing cal nit by .2g/gal and readjusting for ph

cats are like metal detectors but they are specialized in weed… :smile: :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Whiskey zulu seeds have arrived and are now sitting in a cup of water. Northatlanticseed.com was really quick with the shipping ordered them 4 days ago. Probably gonna stick with them for awhile.

4 Likes