First grow fem ww

What is a flip? to veg? to 12/12?

So I read the document awake and sober :smile: What I need to know is at what code (set of leaves) do I go from the florescence 2000k; to veg 315w I have a controller/bal that dims 50-100% When to 12/12 at I am guessing 100% 315w?

2 Likes

Yes. to 12/12

It is a judgement call, but the fluorescent bulb is easy on the plants. Those could take as much as it can give, I’d bet. I might leave them at 2000k and move it in real close before I moved up to 315w.

Is the 315w a Fluorescent fixture, a High Pressure Sodium fixture, or a Metal Halide fixture?

1 Like

4 Likes

This is the fluorescent T5 I used for the babies

2 Likes

OK, this is a Metal Halide (MH) system.

The light from these is typically very blue and white. Flowering plants will favor some red. The newest MH systems have begun to try to get more red output.

The T5 is a good set up. I love mine for veg. I have flowering bulbs (red fluoro) I may use this time around for expedience. These are very affordable and I bet they work too. Never tried.

I would definitely stay under the fluoro until you are ready to go to 12/12. Daily, lower the fluoro light a little, and eventually, bring it within 16" of the canopy and watch the little devils dance.

The 315 MH is actually an optimal veg light as well. Should flower ok. Start this fixture roughly 40" from the plants and very gradually move it to within about 24" of the canopy. Raise, if possible, as needed, it should get hot and will be more prone to burning your plants.

One last item, the variable settings on the MH 315 are nice, but this unit will run inefficiently (same juice, less light) on all setting but the highest, pretty sure.

2 Likes

I had them under fluoro until I put them in the 1gal. I than put them under 315, must have been way to close. Moved them out to corners of the light. So I burned them, right?

5 Likes

Maybe a little. Still its doing OK. You are still at 18/6, yes? Give them some time and distance from the light and slowly move them closer. They will grow up into it, so be careful to keep some head room. Have you ever topped a plant. I am sure there are some good threads regarding how and when to prune, and how and when to top.

I might top a plant at this point in hopes of having 4 nearly equal tops. Sort of like this.

3 Likes

Yes they are either at 18/6 or 19/5 the tabs are really little and hard to see on timer. I took off the shelf they where on which dropped them another 18" Didn’t want them on the floor, to cold. Dropped from 50 to teens F in 12 hours last night after going from sub zero the week before. It is hard to keep temp and humidity stable.

Topping was one of the thing (of many) I am finding 180 degrees different in my info so was just going to leave them alone this grow.

1 Like

Yeah, the temps will limit height for sure. keep the heat. Some appliances, like refrigerators, X-Boxes etc, give off a little heat…

99%

1 Like

There are as many techniques as there are opinions, lol.

If you are comfortable making cuts, the plants almost always recover.

Prune and top as you see fit.

2 Likes

if you’re flowering with the 315cmh i’d recommend the 3k-r bulbs from growers choice

3 Likes

@legalCanada This is the one I have is it not good for flowering. I think I might be close.
https://growershouse.com/nanolux-maxpar-cmh-315w-ceramic-metal-halide-lamp-4200-k

Is this what I have been waiting for?

2 Likes

Yes it is!

Are there any little white hairs?

Pic is a little fuzzy, but I think I see a pistil.

Let the plant mature a little bit, consider clones any time between 1 week before and up to 1 week after you flip to 12/12 and you are on your way with this one (assuming that is a female we are seeing).

Not up to cloning. Baby steps. I still am learning to sex and haven’t done a harvest/trim or anything past germinating.

It’s so easy. If you want, I’ll walk you through it.

You might need some materials. I use very few things you don’t already have, but there are so many approaches.

1 Like

I don’t think @G-paS has a second space to grow the clones. Just let her take it at her own pace brother @99PerCent.

Plants are looking really good for a newbie. Keep up the good work!

Stay hazed
Jake

4 Likes

Don’t mean to push.

2 Likes

I know man. To us, growing with out having clones in the back waiting their turn is just crazy. But think back, and I’m sure you’ll remember a time where the steps to cloning seemed like graduate level botany.

Your guidance has served well so far man. Not trying to tell you how to live!

Stay hazed
Jake

4 Likes

I have to remind myself. Hard for me to slow down.

2 Likes