First grow. Feminized moby dick for ilgm

Whats the OG community think? How are they looking. What do you guys think the problem was? Thanks for checking it out

IMO, I’d focus on the ‘New’ growth - lime colored leaves w/o any deficiencies are perfect

• ppl are prone to overcorrect and then chase issues all grow…

• ppl fail to put the plant thru the dry phase, which stimulates root development…

I let the pots go dry during week 2 [in final pot] and then week 2 of flowering - drives bigger roots.

I’d lightly water the pot edges for a week - then start lightly feed nutes…

pay attention to the plant - they will tell you what they need…

4 Likes

Thanks we noticed the roots were at the bottom of the other pots already with almost no growth outward. With the new pots we watered the outside. Gonna water every other day for the rest of this week. Hopefully they look better. If they do we are gonna start the nutes again once a week

2 Likes

We had a rookie mistake. Over fed the plants by a lot. Finally figured out the problem. We didn’t realize the soil was premixed with nutes then added more. So we flushed them out and it looks like 4 of the 6 will make it so to help speed the process we bought 3 fire og clones and 3 lemon grass clones.

4 Likes

We got smarter and didn’t put any nutes in the soil just phing the water for now once transplanted we will probably only feed when they tell us

1 Like

My buddy sent some photos in from today and 5 of 6 moby dick look way better and the clones are taking off. Obviously still sign of overfeeding but they haven’t grown like this in a while. So we will be check for pollen sack since these poor girls have been trough a bit. As far as clones didn’t expect to have this many plants so had to order 6 more radicle bags. They sent the invoice today so fingercrossed they make it here by Friday considering the place is only few hours away. Just no time to get there. Not going to feed the clones until signs of needing food. My question is, when using organic nutrients do you plan ahead to feed because I’ve heard it take the bacteria and microbes time to break it down? Or is it faster than a 2 week period. Next question is soil says has 5 weeks of food for veg. So wait 5 weeks or 4. Obviously I’m gonna wait for the plants to show they need more but is that to late with organics were gonna cut down our compost tea recipe down in nitrogen. We were running a 15-1-1 because the guys at the shop sold it to us but a buddy gave me a different fish hydro that a 2-1-1 that were gonna try

2 Likes

Went over today to check them out. They are looking much better we will be losing 1 for sure the rest have bounced back. We decided to start low stress training today for the plants.

1 Like

Went over today to check on them. Gave them a little water since tomorrow is transplant day for the clones. Just got the second set of radicle bags today. Tomorrow gonna go pick up the soil. Crazy how fast things change. We went from having 6 then didn’t think that any were gonna make it due to overfeeding them. So we bought 3 fire og and 3 lemongrass. 1 moby dick died so we have 11 total. So far we’ve learned a lot. Special thanks to you guys on overgrow and the dude grows cannabis. So far we learned that going from peat moss to 5 gal is no Bueno for us. So we bumped it to solo cups for 2 weeks then gonna transplant. We thought about going to a 1 gallon then the 5. But we want to keep it simple first then slowly alter as we go. We learned the soil we use have nutes for 5 weeks so need to mix more in lol. We learned to let the plants tell us what they need. So far its been a pleasure. Before growing I did a lot of research to get a grip on it but its not easy without growing the plants yourself and having that hands on experience. Can’t wait for more to come.

2 Likes

Went to check them out today. All 11 are looking much better. We transplanted the clones on Saturday the solo cups were full of roots. We gave them a good watering. We watered all the plants with our green aminos today. Ill post a pic of what it is. We also top dressed all the plants with mycorrhizae.

4 Likes

Big difference with the plants. Been watered twice with the green aminos gonna start adding nature brix to it as well which is simple carbs and sugars. I feel like they have responded well since the flush. Really happy now.

3 Likes

Are the carbs and sugars to feed the Ectomycorrhizal fungi?

Cheers
G

I believe so. I talked with the guys at the company. Kind of explained to them about the rookie mistakes we made and how we tried to fix it and what they recommend. They told us to use green aminos when watering. And to throw some natures brix in with it once a week. he talked and how it all worked kinda had me lost a little bit. But it helps with resin production and increases brix level. He said we can use it in teas as micro food. I would assume it works the same when watering in.

In the clones we went into solo cups for 2 weeks then transplanted to the 5 gallon. I think they loved it 10x more. We’ve noticed a huge difference in pots as well. We went from typical fabric pots to radicle bags(air pruning style) thanks for the help.

1 Like

Well been six days since I’ve seen them and they really get bigger in height but the stems on all of them thickened up which ill take. They all filled in nicely with leaves. Starting to feel like we’re making good progress. Been only watering with green aminos and natures brix for the last 3 water cycles and it seemed like they love it .

2 Likes

5 Likes

I was going thru your grow diary to find out about your Moby Dick grow but it stopped…
Do you have more photos or did the grow crash?
:seedling: :grinning: :seedling:

1 Like