First grow. Feminized moby dick for ilgm

Hello OG community, this will be my first grow as well as my first diary. Bear with the noob b.s. that i may post. Started off doing tons of research. Went with the gorilla grow 5x5. So far love it. For lighting we chose the kind k5 xl750 wifi. We went with an ac infinity t6 for our exhaust fan. For soil we went with green gro premium potting soil. Yes everything is organic. For nutrients we used stuff with green gro. Started the seeds in peat moss under a light for a few days. Once sprouted moved to 5 gal pot.

8/28According to the soil mixture that we made we had 5 weeks of food in soil. Only been feeding clean water for first 2 weeks

This is 1 week in the soil. 9/3

Week 2: first week of microbial tea 9/9

This was today 9/20 after the second round of microbial tea.

Hope you guys enjoy more update to come. Please leave advise along the way thanks in advance

9 Likes

Looks like you are off to a great start @Frostycolas!

I’ll pull up a chair for the show!!
:couch_and_lamp: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

thanks man appreciate

9/21 they were dry so they got watered. Most of them were starting the 4th node. Probably going to start training next week(sorry uploaded wrong picture edited)

4 Likes

Looking good. I am along for the ride.

1 Like

So what do you have planted?
They are looking rather frisky! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

These are all moby dick seeds from ilgm. They went from seedling in peat moss to 5 gallon. I think next cycle i will from peat moss to solo cup or maybe 1 gal then the 5. Trying to decide right now if I want to switch on the next cycle to the plastic air pot or keep the fabric pots.

2 Likes

I always start my plants off in little tubs then when they get some leafs put them in 3 gallon pots take away food tubes are handy out some holes in the bottom,let it grow some roots I’ve never had any luck just popping a seed in a 3 gallon pot

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I think my next grow will be peat moss to 1/2 gal then to the 5 gal. Give it a better root system.

1 Like

Yeah like I said I think the plants get freaked out in a huge pot maybe it’s just me,but I do keep them in a little tub till they have some leafs going I don’t even put them in the grow tent till they grown a bit I keep them in a little light box I made out of a cardboard box and ducting tape,couple of cheap led lights works a treat for me

3 Likes

Thing also about little tubs you’re not going to over water the plant,unlike havOmg it in a huge ass pot

Hard to tell how much water your giving it

1 Like

That was this morning getting ready for the first top

4 Likes

It wasn’t to bad to figure out. We started by just watering the plant and around the plant minimal amounts maybe 9oz for the first week and once they started to take of the water intake is crazy.

Cut the kola off my sour kush plant this morning

5 Likes

I germinate my seeds in rockwool cubes and as soon as the tap root appears, I transfer to solo cup for about a month or whenever I feel like the root ball mass is to my satisfaction. Depending on the type of pot, I transfer to final home. I found that giving the roots just enough space gave me thicker roots as to the more fiberous kind. I exclusively grow in coco 1 gallon fabric pots and maintain my mothers in 5 gallon fabric pots. Transferring a plant too many times adds recovery time that I’ll never get back.

1 Like

Yeah makes sense to me. Thats why I went from peat to 5 gal. I didn’t want the shock the plants everytime I transfered. Ive decided to add the solo cup in before the 5 gal so they can get more roots. I want to minimize shock and possibly any bugs or diseases. Trying to keep is simple. Being my first grow haven’t tried coco yet. I was told coco with worm casting is a good mix.

1 Like

You should stay away from coco first grow stick to soil,I’ve never shocked a plant transplanting it to another pot weed is pretty hearty plant

1 Like

Well 4 of the plants got topped yesterday. Also noticed that way were over watered.

You’ll see the leaves are starting to show signs. Noobie mistake but plenty of time to learn

4 Likes

9/27 noticed some yellowing on the outside of the leaves. Only the top 2 leaves seem affected on 2 the plants that are like this. At first thought it was overwatering but when we checked moisture everything was good. The 2 that showed the yellowing we the smallest 2 on the outside which we rotated into the center. We are leaning towards light burn since these plants were moved. We adjusted the light up. The key factor for our decision was the fact it only affect the upper 2 fan leaves on both plants. We were monitoring moisture closely they were never over watered.

There’s a pic of the rest of them

3 Likes

9/29 well after trying to figure this whole thing out. Maybe nitro burn. They have only been getting water starting to look better

2 Likes

10/2 ordered some radicle bags for a second tent to slowly start putting together. But decided to switch out the fabric for the radicle bags. When we were transplanting them we noticed the roots we long almost like they were dying. The soil was very dry in the pots except for around the roots. Removed some of the dying roots that were already at the bottom of pot. Added some microchizae to soil and watered. After that decided to due the first round of defoilation.

5 Likes