First, hello. Second, Paonia Purple.

Hey everyone! I’m brand new to the OG community but a discord buddy referred me to the forum as I have been working with some Paonia Purple Paralyzer varieties in my dinky little closet and this place is the first one I’ve personally seen with any modern variety of the lineage! I really hope we can connect and chat about this wonderful, mostly lost slice of cannabis and Colorado history!

26 Likes

Welcome to overgrow, @wherethefriesat!

Yup! There are plenty of purveyors of Paonia Purple Paralyzer here on the site. You should check in over at the “Introduce Yourself” thread, too. In no time, you’ll start to build connections and relationships and start passing plenty of Paonia Purple Paralyzer phenos with your new pals.

BTW - We LOVE pictures! Show us what you’ve got going!

8 Likes

Hey @wherethefriesat, welcome to OG! We love PPP here. It’s getting lots of action since @Hashtree donated some seeds for preservation. Currently, @DougDawson is finishing up another run to expand them out further, and passing pollen around to several members.

If you’ve got pictures, show em! It would be cool to bring you into the project and genetically “cross the streams” so to speak.

10 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! <3

Currently on my laptop but I’ll pull this thread up on mobile and post some pics c:

Full disclaimers, these are bagseeded, and had some pheno variety in vigor, and all are heavily seeded. I’m working out of a carpeted closet that exhausts directly into my bedroom where i have to moderate temp with AC and fresh air, under a 400W magnetic ballast in HPS (yes in veg too, the nodes are also stretched from that-) I also vegged too long to attempt and compensate for that, so they were flowering into spring and suffered a heatwave that cuased some pretty major heat revert on the coloration. originally in winter after presex, they were really starting to get fans with a super dark tone that slowly reverted through the reveg transition from preflower. Plants were rather low to the ground, hardly pushing even 1ft. #1 pheno was very dwarfized and considered even cutting her down to clone for a seperate run. but, the respone to a single topping was quick and explosive. flower stretch was also very vigorous in growth spurt. #2 was mucg bushier and did not strech much as i trained it low after topping, this however led the NL plant next to her to encompass the space above and push her under the canopy. (i ran 5 plants in this closet, 6 before culling the male, which was suuuuuuuuper crammed.) Also made F1s to NL and LA Confidential bagseeds i had obtained. These are not the prettiest plants but they show immense potential and getting seeds in this historic bud that my elders have continued to praise here for years, some of whom without smoking the stuff in decade, and have skyrocketed me into a love of breeding. This is my first breeding run, I’ve only been successfully harvesting plants for about two years, just so you guys have some context when you see my janky mess of a closet lmao

Anyway, enough with the jargon, lemme get those pics ready c:

7 Likes

@DougDawson

2 Likes

OOF apparently new users can’t send 25 pics in a single post

3 Likes

12 Likes

this was #1 about 30 days into flower after a two week pollination from flip

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah. Can see the seeds forming. Welcome to overgrow.

2 Likes

better example of coloration pre-heat revert

gotten too many “ITS A HERM” comments lmao

3 Likes

Nah. I see seeds and a human hair but no pollen sacs

1 Like

i have a lot of hair ok

3 Likes

Yeah i think your male dropped on em. And most of us get a hair somewhere in the mix except the guys who put on biohazard suits to go in the grow.

4 Likes

6 Likes

They definately look sativa. Ive never run the ppp. But have some ppp pollen on the way ill be putting to use on something. Overall your plants look good just got pollenated early on.

2 Likes

Woah, she’s beautiful. Very ‘‘sativa-like’’ pheno. Very thin leaves and a nice frost. How’s the smell ? :cowboy_hat_face: :fire:

2 Likes

Hey @wherethefriesat, welcome to Overgrow!!
Nice work, those are very happy plants :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like